Tournament RU World Cup - Signups (read post #176 and #200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
approved by Arifeen, and most of the RU community and thanks Nineage for part of the OP which I blatantly copy pasted

RUWC BANNER.png

Banner by ME, using the power of Photoshop and copy pasting, shoutouts to -Tsunami-
How it works

There are gonna be teams, then we will do some weeks instead of qualifying phases to make it fair for everybody, people will sign up as they have the options of selecting or signing up as a Captain themselves, then the Captains will select their group of people doing like a pseudo draft themselves to make their team that will represent their nation/region. The metas selected for this rendition are going to be: USM RU / USM RU / USM RU / USM RU / ORAS RU / ORAS RU / BW RU / BW RU

The idea of a WCOP format isnt unknown to people in this forum, but certainly for RU it is a brand new thing and we will like to test if pulling this experience can be possible. In an effort to expand the playerbase and provide it with different experiences what better way to do it that to bring together NATIONS to duke it out?! This will be certainly be a fun one.

Tournament format

To explain even further: Each player will be playing each other in 6 matches by a certain amount of weeks (ideally we will have 8 teams that will face each other but if 16 teams are gathered a single elimination round will be necessary in order to not drag the tournament for roughly 15 weeks, then the top 8 will duke it out on the weeks format), then from there the top 4 will move on to a playoff phase to semifinals then a final matchup to decide the winner team.

Eligibility Guidelines

Strictly copypasted from the LC one cause these are hard to me to explain, thanks Nineage

Your primary eligibility is where you currently live (if you are at university abroad, for instance, you live there at the moment and this is your primary eligibility). Your secondary eligibility are any places you have lived for a significant amount of time in the last year. The regions and their boundaries have not been decided. For now, list the countries (or, for US residents only, states) like: US EAST, US WEST, US CENTRAL for which you are eligible in your signup. IP addresses will be checked to confirm your residency. If you have questions or doubts, feel free to approach a host. If you have extenuating circumstances that you think should make you eligible for another region, please pm both hosts with your reasoning. We don’t expect to grant any of these requests.

How to Join

All you have to do to join is fill in the below format and post in this thread. When signups are close to closing, captains of the various regions will be selected by the hosts. Afterwards, they will be able to select which players they want on their team.

Signups format:

Name:
Tiers Played:
Primary Eligibility:
Secondary Eligibility:
Interested in Captaincy?:
Significant Time Missed:

Name: MrAldo
Tiers Played: USM RU / ORAS RU / BW RU
Primary Eligibility: Latin America
Secondary Eligibility: None, lol
Interested in Captaincy: No thanks
Significant Time missed: No

A word on Captaincy

Players are free to indicate that they would be interested in captaining their respective regions. Captains ARE allowed to draft themselves and play. However, we already have a decent idea who might captain each region, so don’t expect to have a high chance of being picked.

And I guess thats it, lets have a fun one and hope this isnt the last iteration of this. This is the first draft of the tournament so expect many mistakes but boy this is gonna be really fun and something different from what a RU player is used to play.

Piece of advice

It is 6 slots so ideally every player should have at least 9 players to justify their position, there is technically no limit for people on a team but lets not draft an army for the sake of fairness. 15 players top :v

Also, this is gonna be like a community project of some sort but people will be able to provide feedback while Im hosting this to make it even more interactive.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Name: -Tsunami-
Tiers Played: SM RU / BW
Primary Eligibility:
Georgia (US East)
Secondary Eligibility:
Tennessee (US Central)
Interested in Captaincy?:
US EAST CAPTAIN VROS. Qualifications: I was RUTL and I have 6 trophies bop.
Significant Time Missed:
no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)