Pokémon Runerigus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually had moderate success with a suicide lead Runerigus in a HO TR team.

Runerigus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Destiny Bond
- Earthquake

EQ beats Excadrill leads and can surprise G-Darm leads with Destiny Bond if you don't get flinched. There are certainly times where I would prefer Memento over Bond, but this guy can often create a lot of momentum and swing turns.

I used this on my stallish team as a spinblocker/excadrill check and it was quite effective.

Runerigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Body Press
- Shadow Claw

Effortlessly counters Excadrill, the main rapid spinner in the tier, especially with double wish support,. Body Press deals around 90% to Excadrill, making it easy to eliminate once slightly weakened, otherwise will-o-wisp can be used to cripple it, as well as neutralize the threat of bulk-up Corviknight. Stab Earthquake is also a tempting option, but since Earthquake and Body Press are your best offensive options I went with the rounded coverage for achieving chip damage on a more stall-focused team.

Edit: Also completely invalidates Toxtricity as a pokemon and ironically can use it to set up Toxic Spikes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)