Tournament RUWC II - Round 1 (Group Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RUWC BANNER.png

• Matches should be played on PS Main server on smogtours
  • Schedule your matches please, reserve the right of calling an activity or dead game based on general scheduling guidelines.
  • PLEASE POST REPLAYS OR AT THE VERY LEAST SAVE THEM, MANDATORY BTW (Could be a replays thread soon).

Now it is time for the actual tournament to start. Congratulations Spain in getting into this stage. 2 Divisions: Sword Divisions and Shield Division. 2 top best scores will advance to semi-finals in a knockout round. Very simple, lets now announce the divisions.

How these will be generated:

So we are gonna very nerdy here so first we need to assign a number to the respective teams in order to make sure this is going to be actually fair. ON EXCEL: We select RAND() and then generate a formula to make sure it is going to be between a number from 1 to 10. This one is on spanish... =JERARQUIA(A2;$A$2:$A$11)+CONTAR.SI($A$2:A2;A2)-1

ANYWAYS THE POINT IS, THIS ARE THE NUMBERS ASSIGNED PER TEAM

Asia + World
4​
LA
10​
Europe
5​
US East
3​
Germany
9​
US West
1​
Canada + Central
8​
Brazil
2​
Spain
7​
UK
6​
Now we go to Random.org Random Sequence Generator to generate the Divisions of 10 teams divided by 2 sections

Sin título.png

The numbers are read vertically btw

Matchups:

Sword Division

Shield Division
- 1 Swap of slot between already slotted teammates. After using the swap the captain WILL have to make use of the substitutes to sub out one else. Let me know about your swap in advance before anything. Any subs out is fine during the round.

- Whole round will last until October 20th at 11:59 PM GMT -5, which then the knockdown rounds will follow. Let me know if the tags do not work.

Spreadsheet: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqfkFKUa4hAFglREwqAVLkp_nHPM

Have fun everybody! Cheers!

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Germany has made use of its swap due to a lineup mistake. DnB on bw slot 2 and soTsoT . Tagging all person involved

Santu rau Lord Death Man lighthouses Void Raichy KingKdot CaCaTuA

In general people have though that 4 weeks is too long and after thinking about it I think it is too much indeed. Apparently 2 weeks feels like enough so the Deadline has been moved to October 20th at 11:59 PM GMT -5 to October 21st when I wake up depending on how pummeled I end up at work. Hopefully it is enoufh time for everybody.

Keep me posted! Dynamic spreadsheet to keep track of the points soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)