SS OU S.O.S My team is sick

"911 What's the problem ?
- Lately my fresh new team, which gave me a lot of fun playing it, started to feel...sick.
In fact, the amount of syptomes kept raising; more and more counters, lack of checks...etc. Peaking 1500 on the ladder wasn't meeting my expectations.
I guess it needs major improvements so i'll leave it to you, dear strat-doctors, to help me fixing it."

-------------------------------------------------THE TEAM--------------------------------------------------

Dragonite @ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs : 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Heal Bell​

To begin with, the original idea of this build was the Defensive Dragonite set. Checks Heatran, Volcarona, Landorus, Tankchomp, Scald abusers, Rillaboom, Kartana...etc.
This is pretty much the classic set. It's main weaknesses remain in getting knocked off and losing the momemtum. So I required Volturn punishers as well as Pokemon that would benefit from Heal Bell.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Rest​

As mentionned before, these guys are pretty much here to deal with Volturn, that's why I chose Rocky over leftovers on Ferrothorn, and protect to compensate the regen loss. Besides, their typing combo is pretty nice paired with Dnite, allowing to check Koko, Rilla, Kartana, Heatran, Slowbrothers, Lando, Zeraora, Dragapult (thanks to rest/heal bell) Excadrill, Gyarados, Urshifu without protective pads, Tyranitar and Volcarona.
But with this base, someone named Kyurem can just come out of its Pokemon to obliterate my core. The amout of mons that can handle this monster gravitating around zero, I prefered to add a revenge killer over another wall.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn​

I'm pretty sure another set would fit my team better, but bulky Kyurem only dies from the specs set. U-turn is pretty convenient since my others provided a negative momentum. Moreover in this type of bulky teams, having one of the best speedtier on the only offensive mons is kind of appreaciated.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic​

A.K.A The best glue of the tier. Useful to confirrm my check to the aforementioned threats, but also other ones such as Zamazenta, Garchomp, Zapdos...
Ferro and Swamp already having hasards, I prefered to run Defog.

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch​

My team was almost ready but, as usual when I get to build, the last slot was hard to find. I definitely needed another offensive mon. I thought Tapu-Koko would fit perfectly in term of type coverage but it's abitily prevents Rest. I've made some tests; Rillaboom, Scizor, Kartana, Conkeldurr... I ended up kinda unsatisfied with Zeraora but this guy's speed tier helped me a lot in complement with the fact that low ladder players still aren't prepared to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly I'm guessing of changes that could make my team better : Defog on Dnite, SR on Landorus, removing Swampert, maybe switching Ferro into a Tankchomp, a cleric such as Clef, defensive Melmetal, a better offensive core...but instead of searching all by myself I think it'd be interesting to see you guys your points of view and your advices/suggestions.

This is my first post so let me apologize for the presentation, at least I hope my speech wasn't too messy.
BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)