Samurott @ Buginium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Despite sitting in PUBL, Samurott's passable Attack and Speed let it pressure top Pokemon like Incineroar and Steelix while also being able to threaten Grass-type Pokemon like Dhelmise, Decidueye, and Sceptile with Megahorn. Swords Dance helps Samurott break past the aforementioned Pokemon as well as other bulky Pokemon such as Blastoise, Garbodor, and Vaporeon and gives it a unique niche of being a physically boosting Water-type. A Swords Dance-boosted Aqua Jet KOes Pokemon like Delphox and Accelgor after Stealth Rock damage, making Samurott a valuable addition to any team that needs a way around these Pokemon. Because it's slow, try to switch it in with a slow pivoting move from a Pokemon like Incineroar. As with any offensive Pokemon, chip damage helps Samurott fully achieve its wallbreaking potential, so be sure to pair it with entry hazard setters like Garbodor, Steelix, and Rhydon; additionally, Garbodor can pressure Pokemon like Comfey and Whimsicott, while Steelix and Rhydon can pressure Heliolisk and Togedemaru. Since physical tanks like Weezing and Ferroseed can make it hard for Samurott, use special wallbreakers like Heliolisk and Sigilyph along with it.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Despite being in a congested speed tier, I much prefer Adamant for the increased damage output -- Liquidation is quite weak otherwise. This aside, I like what you have written and the set itself is ofc fine. Good stuff, approve if you at least slash, if not just outright change to Adamant.

e: what is written up is fine, the set rabia submitted had +speed

qc1/1

Last edited:

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comment
Samurott @ Buginium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Being Despite sitting in PUBL, (I presume you're trying to say something like, "Samurott's stats are good even though it's not NU by usage"?) Samurott has passable offense and decent speed Special Attack and Speed. It is able to pressure top Pokemon like Incineroar and Steelix while also being able to pressure threaten Grass-type Pokemon like Dhelmise, Decidueye, and Torterra with Megahorn. Swords Dance also helps it Samurott break past the aforementioned Pokemon while granting it the ability to break past as well as other bulky Pokemon (such as?), which and gives it a unique niche of being a physically boosting Water-type. Aqua Jet helps it in KOing (OH?)KOes Pokemon like Delphox and Accelgor after Stealth Rocks. Rock damage, making Samurott So this is a valuable addition to any team which that needs a way around these Pokemon. (remove extra space)Since Because ("Since" might be allowed here, but just to be safe, I'd change it) it's slow, try to pivot switch it in with a slow pivoting move from a Pokemon like Incineroar. As always As with any offensive Pokemon, chip damage helps Samurott fully achieve its wallbreaking potential, so be sure to pair it with Pokemon entry hazard setters like Garbodor, Steelix, (AC) and Rhydon; Garbodor where the former can set up Toxic Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes, (subjective change, but I think it sounds better with the moves switched) and the latter other two can set up Stealth Rocks. Try However, try to avoid it in keep Samurott off the battlefield when physical tanks like Weezing and Ferroseed are healthy, or when fast Electric-type Pokemon like Heliolisk and Togedamaru are around, though healthy.

Implement this and let me know once you've done so; I would like to look at it again afterwards.
GP .5/1

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Samurott @ Buginium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Despite sitting in PUBL, Samurott has passable Attack and Speed this tells me absolutely nothing of note as a standalone sentence. combine the ideas of this sentence with those of the next "So like, Despite..., Samurott's passable Attack and Speed let it pressure..."). It is able to pressure top Pokemon like Incineroar and Steelix while also being able to threaten Grass-type Pokemon like Dhelmise, Decidueye, and Torterra Sceptile > Torterra with Megahorn. Swords Dance helps Samurott break past the aforementioned Pokemon as well as other bulky Pokemon such as Blastoise and Garbodor add Vaporeon to this list, and gives it a unique niche of being a physically boosting Water-type. +2 Aqua Jet KOes Pokemon like Delphox and Accelgor after Stealth Rock damage, making Samurott a valuable addition to any team that needs a way around these Pokemon. Because it's slow, try to switch it in with a slow pivoting move from a Pokemon like Incineroar. As with any offensive Pokemon, chip damage helps Samurott fully achieve its wallbreaking potential, so be sure to pair it with entry hazard setters like Garbodor, Steelix, and Rhydon; Garbodor can set up Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes, and the other two can set up Stealth Rock I find it rather redundant to state the entry hazards these Pokemon set up personally; I would rather you talk about what these Pokemon can also do defensively for Samurott. However, try to keep Samurott off the battlefield when physical tanks like Weezing and Ferroseed or fast Electric-type Pokemon like Heliolisk and Togedamaru Togedemaru* are healthy. I think ending on like, a more or less negative thought is pretty bad. Since you can probably condense the Heliolisk and Togedemaru stuff into Pokemon checked by entry hazard setters, I'd simply talk about here how hey, Samurott struggles with physical walls; pair it with a special wallbreaker

I am going to look this over again once you say you have implemented this. Make sure you get everything.

Last edited:

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Samurott @ Buginium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Despite sitting in PUBL, Samurott's passable Attack and Speed lets let it pressure top Pokemon like Incineroar and Steelix while also being able to threaten Grass-type Pokemon like Dhelmise, Decidueye, and Sceptile with Megahorn. Swords Dance helps Samurott break past the aforementioned Pokemon as well as other bulky Pokemon such as Blastoise, Garbodor, (AC) and Vaporeon, (RC) and gives it a unique niche of being a physically boosting Water-type. +2 A Swords Dance-boosted Aqua Jet KOes Pokemon like Delphox and Accelgor after Stealth Rock damage, making Samurott a valuable addition to any team that needs a way around these Pokemon. Because it's slow, try to switch it in with a slow pivoting move from a Pokemon like Incineroar. As with any offensive Pokemon, chip damage helps Samurott fully achieve its wallbreaking potential, so be sure to pair it with entry hazard setters like Garbodor, Steelix, and Rhydon;(space)additionally, Garbodor can pressure Pokemon like Comfey and Whimsicott, while Steelix and Rhydon can pressure Heliolisk and Togedemaru. Since physical tanks like Weezing and Ferroseed can make it hard for Samurott, use special wallbreakers like Heliolisk or and Sigilyph along with it.

Now it's GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)