Sand Veil / Snow Cloak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Why is this still legal? This should be banned under evasion clause. There is absolutely no way that this falls not under evasion clause.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i propose another complicated ban: sand veil + sandstorm not on the same team. ive lost too many times from a guaranteed win. (note: its always a balloon doryuzu vs an sd garchomp) and statistically speaking, garchomp should never win this without evasion by its side.

also, ive watched a late man sd garchomp singlehandedly beat someone who had balloon doryuzu, hidden power ice thundurus, and a brave bird skarmory. isnt that enough proof that sand veil is broken? this is two consecutive earthquake misses, one hidden power ice miss, and two brave bird misses.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
I've said it before and I'll say it again, while I hate Sand Veil with all my heart, stuff like Roost/SR Gliscor (and other DW-dependent shit) becoming automatically illegal because of this is really offputting. Not to mention that Rough Skin Garchomp isn't even legal yet.

Agreeing with Delta 2777. You can't say that Sand Veil is used solely to abuse it, even if an alternative is available (which it's not).

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No thanks, would rather keep getting haxed by Sand Veil misses than have a stupid ban like this.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i've been nominating them every round (and since last gen i've been saying they should fall under evasion clause). i'd be fine with proposing a complicated ban if people are more comfortable going that route though.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've said it before and I'll say it again, while I hate Sand Veil with all my heart, stuff like Roost/SR Gliscor (and other DW-dependent shit) becoming automatically illegal because of this is really offputting. Not to mention that Rough Skin Garchomp isn't even legal yet.
Pretty much this.

Having no ability is also unfeasible because that's illegal in the games, and if we "removed" Sand Veil's effect that would be a mechanics change, which we agreed not to do. -_-

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Rough Skin Garchomp was mentioned earlier and I feel that this idea could be taken more seriously if it were released, not enough people are going to want to get rid of Garchomp just because it has Sand Veil even if missing with moves that could be 100% is really dumb.

If you want to ban Sand Veil or Snow Cloak, get them nominated and vote on them. You can discuss this in the relevant suspect thread or even make your own thread to discuss the ability itself in Dragonspiral Tower, but this isn't an appropriate PR thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)