Sandstorm and What Not [RMT]

This team, as shown in the title, utilizes sandstorm. Though it's mostly Steels, Rocks, and Grounds, this team does, in fact, work well. I have yet to been destroyed by an Infernape or a Scarftran. Anyways, here's the team!

Tyranitar@Lefties
240 HP/36Atk/48Def/184SpD
Sand Stream
Sassy

Crunch
Fire Punch
Thunder
Stealth Rock

The purpose of Tyranitar is to get sandstorm running. I have on a number of occasions thought of switching Fire Punch for Earthquake, or Stone Edge, but everytime I do, I hit a Forretress for 4x Damage, or hit a Scizor while it's setting up. Thunder has always been useful, destroying bulky waters who think they can kill me. The Para-Hax has been game-breaking, allowing me to finish off the opponent.

Rotom-W@Lefties
180HP/76Def/252SpD
Levitate
Calm

Discharge
Shadow Ball
Rest
Sleep Talk

Washer's been doing OK for me. It hasn't been too durable, so i'm rethinking the EVs for things like Lefties Recovery, certain damage calcs, etc. I may be looking for someone to replace him, but his rapid spin blocking proves very useful. He's designed to be durable, sleep talking, rest, so on. Discharge helps paralyze everything, disabling certain sweepers.

Swampert@Lefties
100HP/252Def/156SpD
Torrent
Relaxed

Ice Beam
Roar
Protect
Earthquake

This is a great set, allowing me to stall after toxic spikes, sand storm, and other factors are in. Roar is a great move, allowing me to rack up damage after stealth rock and spikes. Takes care of fire types.

Forretress@Lefties
252HP/252SpD/4Def
Sturdy
Careful

Earthquake
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Rapid Spin

Forretress! He's a good member for my team, laying down spikes and toxic spikes. Once a spinner comes in, I send in Rotom-W. Once the spinner is effectively destroyed, I bring in Swampert for some phazing.

Scizor@Life Orb
252Atk/180Def/76SpD
Technician
Adamant

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Roost
Brick Break

This set has been useful for finishing off pokemon with sashes. It can wear down walls with Swords Dance, and still replenish health with Roost. Brick break is there for Blissey. This is an OK pokemon at the moment, but I've been thinking I can replace him for a sleep talker, or someone more useful. Suggestions?

Gliscor@Lefties
252Def/180HP/76Atk
Sand Veil
Impish

Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Roost
Knock Off

The main job of gliscor is to really make sandstorm annoying.
Sand Veil adds the miss hax, while knock off can cripple a wall in sandstorm. I chose Aerial Ace over Ice Fang, as I figured that it's better to take out fighting types (namely Heracross), since Gliscor mainly counters them.

I'm looking for a replacement for Scizor.. Rest-Talk Suicune or Cresselia?

Anwyays...
(here comes the large font...)
RMT!!!!

Edit: I'm so sad. I have such small pics compared to everyone else.

I like your style, sir. Good setup!

A replacement for Scizor, eh? I have a suggestion in the form of MY Sandstorm Team's Resident Blissey Counter.

Hippowdon @ Grip Claw
252 Def/ 128 HP/ 128 ATK
Sand Stream
Careful Nature

Sand Tomb
Yawn
Slack Off
Fire Fang

The choice of Hippowdon gives you another Sand-Streamer in case you happen to run into something that uses Rain Dance.
In the sense of Blissey, I've noticed that people tend to Thunder wave first thing. Switching Hippowdon in gives you a free switch.
First, you Yawn. Then, Use Sand Tomb. The opponent will be asleep and unable to switch. If you incurred too much damage waiting for yawn, then Slack Off. After which, go to town with Whatever fourth move floats your boat. I use Fire fang, but I may be looking to replace it.

I know the whole thing may not look good on paper, but if you give it a try, you can see for youerself if it is your cup of tea or not

I'll have to try out that Hippowdon set. Thank you for the advice :D

Any more comments? I should've made some more flashy font T.T

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
I'm not sure how you were planning to handle a Gyarados. Gyarados got a LOT of opportunities to set up on your team, and shouldn't have any trouble sweeping. Another Poké you should worry about is Infernape, who hit 5/6 Pokémon for super effective damage, which is quite overwhelming. :/ I would've given HP Electric Vaporeon a try, who'll provide a excelent answer to Gyarados and Infernape. In addition, the Wish support will help your Forretress staying alive.

Speaking of Forretress, I would've tried Impish nature with your current EV-spread. You'll lose some SpD, but gain a lot of Defence. You'll need SOME Defence to take some hits from the likes of Metagross.

Considering a Roost and Bullet Punch Scizor always beats your team - especially considering the latter is on EVERY Scizor - I would've tried out Will-o-Wisp > Shadow Ball on Rotom. If Scizor is burned, Gliscor can usually spam Earthquake 'til it's dead. The Electric move on Rotom is pretty cool though, as it hit most Flying and Steel types quite hard, who isn't effected by Toxic Spikes. However, I would stick with Thunderbolt though, mainly for the more power, but crossing Toxic and Paralyze isn't all that cool either.

It seems promising, so good luck with your team. :)

Gliscor really doesn't need Knock Off because you already have hippowdon for a wall. I suggest replacing Knock Off with Swords Dance and using this EV spread. 196 Hp/56 Def/56 Att/212 Spd. This Gliscor makes for a really great sweeper and just PWNS.

You say that your Rotom is less durable than you'd want it to be, so the best place to start would be giving it more efficient EVs. A defensive Rotom should always have max HP. Always. Swap the HP and special defense EVs around and your special durability is pretty much identical, but you take physical hits ~6% better overall. Same deal with Gliscor, just swap the HP and Defense EVs.

With Swampert it is slightly more complicated, but a 252 HP/144 Def/112 SpD spread will maintain your physical durability but give you ~5% greater special durability.

Scizor too, would benefit so much more with HP investment rather than in defenses. A 232 HP/252 Atk/24 SpD spread is best for minimizing Life Orb damage, which gives you ~13% greater survivability on the special side, and slightly more defense to boot.

I've also learned how to use Rotom better now. I know what it can, and can't switch into without a certain amount of damage. THanks for the help!
I'll try to use the spreads you said.

Thanks!

Any more comments?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)