Sandstorm team~OU~Love you Empoleon~

Introduction
Hello everybody , this is my 3rd RMT here in Smogon and my last one was quite a long time ago and I did get a little better in competitive(I was really bad)by gaining experience from battling here and there and gaining tips from opponents and mostly from watching Youtubers battle , that taught me quite a LOT of stuff.This really isn't a Sandstorm team utilizing its full effects but since it has both Tyranitar and Hippowdon and how Cradily loves the Special defense boost I called it that.Please note that all these sets are from the smogon team builder and that this is on shoddy so I can use all Rotom forms.Before we start this hax I just like...love Empoleon so much that I think he deserves this...

Yes Empoleon , you are worthy of being a king and thank you Arkeis , anyway , here we go~!

Team at a glance

Team in detailz

Lead Roserade~>My Lead

Roserade@Focus Sash~Timid
4HP/252Spe/252SpA~Natural Cure
~Sleep Power
~Toxic Spikes
~Leaf Storm
~HP Fire

Roserade was suggested to me over Hippowdon as Toxicspikes can really help my team , Usually Sleep powder right off the start unless its Aerodactyl/Azelf since most of the time Taunt is available for them , If its Azelf I usually go with Leaf storm since that can 1HKO Azelf[I think...]due to it being very frail and how leaf storm gets the STAB boost.If its Aerodactly I usually switch since either SR/Taunt/Earthquake is coming and I cant really predict with three choices availalbe , thats where Flygon comes handy.HP Fire is there for Scizor and others who are weak to the fire type and Toxic spikes is needed for team support.

Agiligross~My Physical Sweeper

Metagross@LifeOrb~Adamant
112Hp/252Atk/12Def/132Spe~ClearBody

• ~Agility
  • ~Zen Headbutt
  • ~Meteor Mash
  • ~Earthquake

Agiligross , after an Agility I can do a ton of damage , although it is not as great as the damage I do on Empoleon , most pokemon do get 1HKO'd after stealth rock damage , some though like Vaporeon and Metagross , can tank my Earthquake and thunderpunch even after Stealthrock damage , if its the former Im pretty much fine because I can KO in another two or three Thunderpunches and if its the latter I usually get KO'd by Earthquake(Although I kinda dont understand how their Earthquake is superior than mine)Thunderpunch was swapped with Zenheadbutt for coverage on rotoms , I was also thinking for BulletPunch over Meteor Mash for the sake of a priority user and since the risk of Meteor Mash missing and how it doesnt increase my attack stat that often just sucks.

Agility SubPetaya Empoleon~My Special Sweeper

Empoleon@PetayaBerry~Modest
14Hp/32Def/212Spe/252SpA~Torrent

• ~Agility
  • ~Surf
  • ~Ice beam
  • ~Substitute
I love you empoleon , he's one of my favorite sweepers , I usually start off with an agility(If im sure a super effective hit is coming)otherwise I just sub and manage an agility somewhere in between and eventually getting the petaya and torrent boost which pretty much makes surf K.O everything on its way , Ice-beam is there for dragon/grass-types.Although I usually do manage to tank 1 CC/Superpower from Infernape/Lucario/Scizor but its a huge problem if they carry a Lifeorb/ChoiceBand , at times I do survive with 3-4% HP but most of the time I end up dying(I manage tanking Lifeorb not choiceband with barely some HP left)Not sure If I should add more Defense EV's.

Choice Scarf Flyong~My Revenge Killer

Flygon@ChoiceScarf~Jolly
4HP/252Atk/252Spe~Levitate
~Earthquake
~Outrage
~U-turn
~Stone edge

The most popular flygon get , ChoiceScarf flygon , with its awesome base Speed and a choice scarf this guy helps the lack of speed in my team , It avoids ground type attacks by levitate , has a electric immunity , a SR immunity and finally nuetral to fighting type attacks , Earthquake is its main STAB along with Outrage although I hate the confusion after 2-3 turns and I might change to Dragon Claw , it's going to stay as Outrage for now though.I chose Stone edge over Fireblast because My tyraniboah takes care of scizors easily.This flygon was chosen over Gyarados because it covers the same resistance as well the SR and electric damage.

CurseTar~>My Special Wall

Tyranitar@Leftovers~Careful
252Hp/40Def/216SpD~Sand Stream[0Spe IV's][Currently testing for bulk]

• Curse
  • Stealth Rock
  • Sleep Talk
  • Payback
Okay so Bye bye TyraniBoah and welcome Mr.Cursetar , Can't believe I missed on that , this is similar to the smogon set with a minor change , instead of having Rest I put Stealth Rock instead of that , I usually bring in Tyranitar if the lead is a Roserade/Smeargle as it can take the Spore/Sleep powder nicely , I'm thinking because of the sandstorm boost , curse and the current Def/SpD EV's I should be doing fine , Im still testing so I cant say I wont need Rest yet.If this test ends up with Tyranitar having good bulk I wont need Rest and Il stay with Payback over Crunch since it'll get doubled+stab.[More to come after test~]

Double Status Rotom-C~My Physical Wall

Rotom-C@Leftovers~Bold
252HP/168Def/88Spe~Levitate
~Discharge
~Will-o-wisp
~Leaf Storm
~Shadow Ball

Rotom-C as suggested was chosen as a physical wall over Hippowdon as it can take physical hits pretty good and at the same Levitate those ground type moves , Rotom-C was specifically chosen because Leaf Storm counters Swampert.Discharge was chosen over Thunderbolt and Thunderwave because I actually wanted too actually do STAB damage other than Shadowball but at the sametime wanted higher paralysis rate which made Discharge fit there , Will-o-wisp was chosen over Toxic because it cripples those physical sweepers even more and it still does constant damage[Although not better as toxic]. Shadow ball is mainly there for STAB and other Rotoms.

My team overall

• Overall weak to the Fighting type
  • Overall so far I've won 23 matches and lost 6 out of 29 matches.
  • Will-O-Wisp would be really bad on 3/6 out of my pokemon[Much better now as I added more special sweepers]
Things that deserves changing

• Nothing right now , more suggestions pl0x?
Please rate and suggest/critisize and thanks~

Final l00kz

kthxbai

This looks pretty solid. Switching Gyara with Scizor would remove that SR weakness, but then all of ur team won't be able to dodge an EQ, altho hippowdon is bulky enough to withstand it. there's only 1.5 Special sweepers [Empoleon, and Tyraniboah]. Rotom w/ WoW would prolly be able to get off a Burn, thus neutering some of your team. The Rotom could outspeed ur whole team, bar gyarados [or bullet punch from scizor which would do half dmg only]. which brings up another point.. that this team is really slow. I don't have any suggestions to fill those slots, but Sandstorm pokemon i found a bit speedier are Lucario and Choice Scarf Magnezone. Hope my information helps :\

This looks pretty solid. Switching Gyara with Scizor would remove that SR weakness, but then all of ur team won't be able to dodge an EQ, altho hippowdon is bulky enough to withstand it. there's only 1.5 Special sweepers [Empoleon, and Tyraniboah]. Rotom w/ WoW would prolly be able to get off a Burn, thus neutering some of your team. The Rotom could outspeed ur whole team, bar gyarados [or bullet punch from scizor which would do half dmg only]. which brings up another point.. that this team is really slow. I don't have any suggestions to fill those slots, but Sandstorm pokemon i found a bit speedier are Lucario and Choice Scarf Magnezone. Hope my information helps :\
I guess by what you're saying , Gyarados>Scizor...and yes I actually forgot to add on my points that WoW is just too much on my team...

Adding Lucario/Magnezone as speedier pokemon is pretty cool...but that actually adds more pokemon that are weak to ground/fighting...and again who would I switch them with?

I'm not really sure. My first team, which was a sandstorm team, ran Jolly CB Aerodactyl, which should outspeed a lot of pokemon, get that +SpD boost, and is immune to EQ and neutral Ground. the team seems pretty solid, so it's hard to say wat could be replaced. possibly replace Metagross. since Hippowdon, TTar and your beloved Empoleon are a must. The Cradily is pretty sturdy so you could keep that. I find that a Gyarados in a Sandstorm + SR + Life Orb will die out pretty fast.

Bulky gyra is one of my favorite pokes to use, give it leftovers or lum berry tho.
Ur running a lot of lefties and u might be able to utilize Metagross better by giving him either a Shuca or a Sitrus. W/o gyra it would suck to have to possibly death fodder another poke to avoid EQ, when Shuca on gross could give it the chance to hit back or get in an agility.

Another Possible pokemon is Flygon, Sandstorm immunity, EQ immunity, SR resistance, and thunder immunity. Hippowdon nd Gyarados should be able to take fighting attacks. What I realized is that an Mix Infernape may pose some problem to your team especially if it has grass knot and thunderpunch with STAB Fire and fighting attacks, altho i haven't seen that yet it's still highly possible

Another Possible pokemon is Flygon, Sandstorm immunity, EQ immunity, SR resistance, and thunder immunity. Hippowdon nd Gyarados should be able to take fighting attacks. What I realized is that an Mix Infernape may pose some problem to your team especially if it has grass knot and thunderpunch with STAB Fire and fighting attacks, altho i haven't seen that yet it's still highly possible

I usually sweep infernape with Empoleon/Gross after +2Spe from agility , but yes it does pose threat...

Flygon is a GREAT idea...Im thinking Choice Scarf for my lack of speed on other pokes , what should i replace with him with?

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Use the following spread for Empoleon: 12hp 32def 252spatk 212spe. This ensures that you activate petaya after having subbed 3 times, in case the opponent fails to set up SR, but without the need to lower any IVs. This will help improve your defense against priority attacks slightly, whilst still outrunning scarftran, only missing out on the rare +1 Dragonite, Gallade and Togekiss.

Because scarf Rotom gives some serious problems to your team, I would suggest that you put Zen Headbutt (over tpunch) and Life Orb on Agiligross, along with anough speed to outrun max speed +1 Rotom-A after an Agility. This will let you outrun and do huge damage to Rotom-A, allowing you to continue sweeping if it is weaknened slightly, or at least weaken it considerably to be dealt with by the remainder of your team. Zen Headbutt will also do consistent neutral damage to opponents such as Swampert, Gyarados and Zapdos, and packs a handy flinch rate.

Good luck

Use the following spread for Empoleon: 12hp 32def 252spatk 212spe. This ensures that you activate petaya after having subbed 3 times, in case the opponent fails to set up SR, but without the need to lower any IVs. This will help improve your defense against priority attacks slightly, whilst still outrunning scarftran, only missing out on the rare +1 Dragonite, Gallade and Togekiss.

Because scarf Rotom gives some serious problems to your team, I would suggest that you put Zen Headbutt (over tpunch) and Life Orb on Agiligross, along with anough speed to outrun max speed +1 Rotom-A after an Agility. This will let you outrun and do huge damage to Rotom-A, allowing you to continue sweeping if it is weaknened slightly, or at least weaken it considerably to be dealt with by the remainder of your team. Zen Headbutt will also do consistent neutral damage to opponents such as Swampert, Gyarados and Zapdos, and packs a handy flinch rate.

Good luck
Thanks I'll take the advice on Zen Headbutt since Meteor Mash does nuetral to water types anyway~!

Thanks^^

Any more suggestions?

Physically based infernape runs through 5/6 of your team. Empoleon is a great sweeper to use if you have a way to lure and kill bulky waters otherwise they wall you pretty bad. The SpD EV's are a good diea but hippo wont be surviving surf anytime soon.

About will-o-wisp. Empoleon HATES burns because it limits its sweeping potential pretty bad, But i love the fact that you are using tyraniboah.

My suggestion is to include flygon, or including some sort of bulky water counter.

Your team seems sort of weak, you have a few holes you could patch up but its a fairly good team.

You could switch Choice Scarf Flygon for Gyarados. They both act as revenge killers. keep in mind that there still lacks special sweepers. You should also realize that the there's a water weakness beginning to surface.

I feel liek you could replace Cradily with a Sp.Sweeper, but don't take my word for it, since I'm not 100% sure. If you were to replace cradily, you would take out a fighting weakness. considering all the other pokemon, there are 2 pokemon that are weak against water, grass, ice, and fighting. these 4 weaknesses are mainly from Hippowdon, TTar, and Empoleon [+1 ice weakness from Flygon]. there are 3 weaknesses with ground, so 1 more is not advised, [flying/levitate,or something very bulky]. Simply, have something up ur sleeve to counter those. i'm probably not helping much ><

I would recommend Toxic Spikes somewhere on this team as Empoleon has problems with bulky waters as it is. A Tentacruel (as much as I loathe it) would fit here and also help against Infernape.

Leftovers>>LO on Gyarados. SR + LO + Sandstorm is really going to sap it very fast.

Which brings us to another problem. You have no real check to Gyarados and Scizor (Gyara dies quickly to residual effects, even with Leftovers your recovery is cancelled by Sandstorm so eventually SR kills you.) A Rotom-A could help a lot with this. Maybe over Cradily (TTar's SDef is very high due to a Sandstorm boost).

You mention that you only have problems with Infernape/Scizor/Lucario if they're carrying Life Orb or Choice Band, which is essentially almost every Infernape/Scizor/Lucario in the metagame. I agree with jc104; Subbing until the Petaya is a much more reliable way to get it off, while Rotom can act as a Fighting blocker.

Okay....awesome , So CS Flygon over Gyarados.

And as for changing Cradily...I prefer Rotom over Tentacruel as it has Levitate , takes those water hits and blocks those fighting type moves...but umm what is Rotom-A?

Smogon shows Rotom-C/F/H/S/W.

Okay edits~

• Changed Gyarados to Flygon as he does his job and more also helping my lack of speed.
  • Changed the "things to change"
  • Change the "team overall"
  • Changed Thunderpunch to Zen Headbutt on Metagross
  • Changed LifeOrb from my Old Gyarados to Metagross
And someone please tell me which rotom form should I use over Cradily?

Rotom-A is Rotom-Appliance which means I was making a generalised suggestion to use one of them. I suggest Rotom-C since just after looking at your team just then you may have a problem against Swampert especially when they lead they threaten Hippowdon with Hydro Pump.

I would recommend Toxic Spikes somewhere on this team as Empoleon has problems with bulky waters as it is. A Tentacruel (as much as I loathe it) would fit here and also help against Infernape.
Great observation. I agree with the above but instead of Tentacruel, a lead Roserade would help ensuring an agili Empoleon sweep. Bulky waters and pokemon like Blissey or Snorlax will wall you all day.

So replace Hippowdon, as Tyranitar can clearly set up sandstream already, and include Roserade as the lead. Tyranitar will be your safety net in taking out the Rotom Forms and Gengar.

And, as for Metagross consider putting stealth rock somewhere in the set or making it a dual screener with stealth rock and explosion. Dual screens will ensure a better sweep with Empoleon. Now, I repeat that Roserade is absolutely perfect for this team and will help you in the long run, without toxic spikes on the battle field, your chances of sweeping are very slim.

Overall good team.

Rotom-A is Rotom-Appliance which means I was making a generalised suggestion to use one of them. I suggest Rotom-C since just after looking at your team just then you may have a problem against Swampert especially when they lead they threaten Hippowdon with Hydro Pump.
Okay Rotom-C sounds like a great idea , thanks!

Great observation. I agree with the above but instead of Tentacruel, a lead Roserade would help ensuring an agili Empoleon sweep. Bulky waters and pokemon like Blissey or Snorlax will wall you all day.

So replace Hippowdon, as Tyranitar can clearly set up sandstream already, and include Roserade as the lead. Tyranitar will be your safety net in taking out the Rotom Forms and Gengar.

And, as for Metagross consider putting stealth rock somewhere in the set or making it a dual screener with stealth rock and explosion. Dual screens will ensure a better sweep with Empoleon. Now, I repeat that Roserade is absolutely perfect for this team and will help you in the long run, without toxic spikes on the battle field, your chances of sweeping are very slim.

Overall good team.

Pokemon such as Blissey dont tank me at all ,after stealth rock damage , My Tyranitar's focuspunch OHKO's Snorlax and 2HKO's Blissey.

As for the Metagross Set , I really prefer agiligross , my chances of sweeping are not slim at all I manage to KO atleast 2 pokemon with either of my sweepers usually , but again Toxic spikes really seems like a good idea...and dual screen metagross + SR is walled by taunt , IF i go with that set I need something different than explosion in my last slot.

Roserade seems like a pretty good choice but then If i add Rotom Defensive as a sub for Hippowdon as a physical wall i wont have any special walls[because il have to take out cradily]

What do you suggest?

Okay Rotom-C sounds like a great idea , thanks!

Pokemon such as Blissey dont tank me at all ,after stealth rock damage , My Tyranitar's focuspunch OHKO's Snorlax and 2HKO's Blissey.

As for the Metagross Set , I really prefer agiligross , my chances of sweeping are not slim at all I manage to KO atleast 2 pokemon with either of my sweepers usually.

Who in their right mind, lets a Blissey or a Snorlax stay in against Tyraniboah? Also, if you decide to keep Flygon give it Jolly nature. Jolly nature will force a speed tie against DD Salamence.

Your team looks good now with Rotom in the picture.

Edit: For special wall, you could run Curse Tar. It's a beast and can sweep late game, also can take a Focus Blast from Gengar at full health.

Who in their right mind, lets a Blissey or a Snorlax stay in against Tyraniboah? Also, if you decide to keep Flygon give it Jolly nature. Jolly nature will force a speed tie against DD Salamence.

Your team looks good now with Rotom in the picture.

Edit: For special wall, you could run Curse Tar. It's a beast and can sweep late game, also can take a Focus Blast from Gengar at full health.

Hmm........Jolly nature seems right there....Il change that , thanks.

As for Curse Tar , I can't believe I missed on that!

But do you recommend me to use the smogon set? I mean it only has 1 move;x

Okay changes done~!

• Changed lead to Roserade as toxic spikes support the team and adds another special sweeper which counters my Will-o-wisp weakness
  • Changed Flygon's nature to Jolly
  • Changed my TyraniBoah into Cursetar as it does greatly as a special wall[SR>Rest , still testing]
  • Last but not least changed my Physical wall into Rotom-C to counter Swampert and ground type attacks.
  • Changed Empoleon's EV's to jc104 suggestions as it gets me torrent and petaya berry boost after three subs exactly.
  • Edit:Changed Rotom's EV's to Defensive but it still works as a double status'er

Okay changes done~!

• Changed lead to Roserade as toxic spikes support the team and adds another special sweeper which counters my Will-o-wisp weakness
  • Changed Flygon's nature to Jolly
  • Changed my TyraniBoah into Cursetar as it does greatly as a special wall[SR>Rest , still testing]
  • Last but not least changed my Physical wall into Rotom-C to counter Swampert and ground type attacks.
  • Changed Empoleon's EV's to jc104 suggestions as it gets me torrent and petaya berry boost after three subs exactly.
  • Edit:Changed Rotom's EV's to Defensive but it still works as a double status'er

Team looks very solid now, hope it works well for you :)

One last thing! I noticed you wrote that you have a minor fighting weakness, I think you might like this suggestion (well I hope you do lol) um instead of running agili Metagross, I would suggest Stall Breaking Gliscor. Gliscor can help prevent any pokemon like forretress or Skarmory from setting up entry hazards, and Rotom forms from using Will-O-Wisp. Also, Gliscor and Empoleon have somewhat good synergy together as they both help each others weaknesses. Gliscor can set up rocks and can help you have momentum throughout the entire game.

Here's the set:

Gliscor@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Hp / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Taunt
Earthquake
Roost
Stealth Rock

Now your Curse Tar can have rest =]
Curse Tar + Gliscor = Great Combo

Team looks very solid now, hope it works well for you :)

One last thing! I noticed you wrote that you have a minor fighting weakness, I think you might like this suggestion (well I hope you do lol) um instead of running agili Metagross, I would suggest Stall Breaking Gliscor. Gliscor can help prevent any pokemon like forretress or Skarmory from setting up entry hazards, and Rotom forms from using Will-O-Wisp. Also, Gliscor and Empoleon have somewhat good synergy together as they both help each others weaknesses. Gliscor can set up rocks and can help you have momentum throughout the entire game.

Here's the set:

Gliscor@ Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Taunt
Earthquake
Roost
Stealth Rock

Now your Curse Tar can have rest =]
Curse Tar + Gliscor = Great Combo
OH WOW THIS IS AWESOME...

Umm someone did say that I can take even a focus blast from gengar , I couldnt even take an Aura Sphere from Lucario Q_Q[I think it was specs though]

Anyway.......Gliscor is a great combo and now my awesome T-tar can get rest to heal off its damage[I usually end up with like 10% from the first turn after a curse>_>]

Il edit it later im tired...zzz....and thanks:P

Hi,

Your team is pretty cool, but has a lot of very bothersome conflicts between different members of the team. It also tries to do too much with too many things and at the end of the day lacks opportunities to do all of the things it tries to do. I have some major suggestions that I trust will help your team a bit.

First, let me support the Gliscor on the lead slot over Roserade. Your team, despite having some issues with bulky Water-types, really cannot abuse the turns to really toxic stall very well. So I suggest replacing Roserade with the Gliscor that Rat. suggested, which I've reiterated below for emphasis. Gliscor will also help a ton with a substantial SD Lucario weakness that you appear to have. As a lead, it's good to use max Speed so that you tie opposing Gliscor for the Taunt.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Earthquake
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock
~ Roost

Now that that's done, I suggest making your Tyranitar a Dragon Dance Tyranitar for the following reasons:

• DDTar lures Choice Band Bullet Punch from Scizor or Choice Scarf Iron Head from Jirachi, both of which Empoleon can abuse to easily setup its sweep
  • DDTar gets better neutral coverage than CurseTar by far and keeps up the fast pace of the rest of your team
  • TTar also isn't a very good dedicated special wall since most of its switch-ins OHKO it with ease and its 4x Fighting-type weakness means even special attackers like Gengar can OHKO it.
I recommend the following set:

Tyranitar @ Life Orb / Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Stone Edge
~ Crunch
~ Fire Punch / Earthquake

I recommend Fire Punch over EQ for one main reason, and that is because your team has a massive Breloom weakness. If you find in using this set that not many Brelooms are switching into you, try EQ instead to better hit things like Metagross and Heatran. Also, I chose LO over Babiri Berry because you should be switching those choice-locked Steel-type attacks away to Empoleon or my next suggestion.

The last major change I recommend is the use of Gyarados over your current Metagross. Your team has a massive Physical MixApe weakness, which OHKOes everything except Rotom-C. Gyarados, particularly a bulky DD variant, will help a ton here and be able to take advantage of all of the things your team lures. (Such as Steel-type attacks)

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Nature: Adamant
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Taunt

Lastly, I want to recommend that you use the following EV spread for Empoleon: 24 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe, 30 HP IV You need the Speed and that HP IV to activate your berry after only 3 substitutes.

Hopefully my suggestions have helped a bit! Good luck with your team!

Hi,

Your team is pretty cool, but has a lot of very bothersome conflicts between different members of the team. It also tries to do too much with too many things and at the end of the day lacks opportunities to do all of the things it tries to do. I have some major suggestions that I trust will help your team a bit.

First, let me support the Gliscor on the lead slot over Roserade. Your team, despite having some issues with bulky Water-types, really cannot abuse the turns to really toxic stall very well. So I suggest replacing Roserade with the Gliscor that Rat. suggested, which I've reiterated below for emphasis. Gliscor will also help a ton with a substantial SD Lucario weakness that you appear to have. As a lead, it's good to use max Speed so that you tie opposing Gliscor for the Taunt.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Earthquake
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock
~ Roost

Now that that's done, I suggest making your Tyranitar a Dragon Dance Tyranitar for the following reasons:

• DDTar lures Choice Band Bullet Punch from Scizor or Choice Scarf Iron Head from Jirachi, both of which Empoleon can abuse to easily setup its sweep
  • DDTar gets better neutral coverage than CurseTar by far and keeps up the fast pace of the rest of your team
  • TTar also isn't a very good dedicated special wall since most of its switch-ins OHKO it with ease and its 4x Fighting-type weakness means even special attackers like Gengar can OHKO it.
I recommend the following set:

Tyranitar @ Life Orb / Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Stone Edge
~ Crunch
~ Fire Punch / Earthquake

I recommend Fire Punch over EQ for one main reason, and that is because your team has a massive Breloom weakness. If you find in using this set that not many Brelooms are switching into you, try EQ instead to better hit things like Metagross and Heatran. Also, I chose LO over Babiri Berry because you should be switching those choice-locked Steel-type attacks away to Empoleon or my next suggestion.

The last major change I recommend is the use of Gyarados over your current Metagross. Your team has a massive Physical MixApe weakness, which OHKOes everything except Rotom-C. Gyarados, particularly a bulky DD variant, will help a ton here and be able to take advantage of all of the things your team lures. (Such as Steel-type attacks)

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Nature: Adamant
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Taunt

Lastly, I want to recommend that you use the following EV spread for Empoleon: 24 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe, 30 HP IV You need the Speed and that HP IV to activate your berry after only 3 substitutes.

Hopefully my suggestions have helped a bit! Good luck with your team!

Awesome , this is what you call a full fledged rate...Im willing to take on each suggested idea here except that Im left with no Special walls...what do you say?

Your team is offensive in nature and you have enough type synergy between Pokemon to be able to come in on resistances rather than raw stats alone. A special "wall" is very unfavorable and will slow down the momentum of the team that you so meticulously try to keep alive with things such as U-turn on Flygon.

Your team is offensive in nature and you have enough type synergy between Pokemon to be able to come in on resistances rather than raw stats alone. A special "wall" is very unfavorable and will slow down the momentum of the team that you so meticulously try to keep alive with things such as U-turn on Flygon.
I see....thanks^^

-goes to edit the pogymonz-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)