Sandy Day> Sunny day

Warstory with this team

Sand has always been my favorite weather type been using an ig team for dppt/hgss for awhile now thats sand based i took my favorite pokemon from that team added 2 new ones and came up with this ive been testing it online only lost twice out of 20 matches so far and both matches were very close the big problem i have is Breloom unless i already have tyranitar in or can break his sub with somthing and bring exca or luc in safely since breloom is so frail

Aerodactyl
Lead
@ Focus Sash Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk /252 Spd/ 4 Hp
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This is my lead Aero His job is to set up rocks toxic any threats then if hes still alive eq/stone edge and try to do some damage hes basicly a suicide lead unless i can wall an obvious incoming attack

Tyranitar
Tyraniboah
@ Leftovers Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 204 Atk / 252 hp/ 52 Sp Attack
Quiet Nature (+SpAtk, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Stone Edge Or should i try ice punch/ice beam help me decide
- Focus Punch
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar sets up my sand Subs then attempts to kill whatever switches in he also blocks fire attacks that my other steals can't handle

Ferrothorn
Spiker
@ Leftovers Trait: Iron Barb
EVs: 252 Hp /200 Sp Def/ 56 Def
Careful Nature (+SpDef, -Spa)
- Thunder-wave
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

I wanted a spiker who resisted sand and could take most attacks the obvious choice was ferrothorn also kills those pesky water/Ground mons who like to mess with my other sweepers hes also able to take most non stab fire moves

Excadrill
Choice
@ Choice Band Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk /4 hp/ 252 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Brick Break
- EarthQuake
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

This is my Power Killer comes in to kill most threats with a huge attack stat and 550 speed in sand

TentaCruel
Toxic Spike Wall
@ Black Sludge Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 184 Def /252 hp/ 72 Sp Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

This is not your average tentacruel i love running him because with knock off he can remove Pokes leftovers heal so they take damage from Sand he then can get lucky and burn some things that want to switch in with scald he gets rid of Hazards with Spin then he lays his own Toxic Spikes and absorbs them

Lucario
End game Revenge Killer/Sweeper
@ Leftovers Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk /252 Spd/ 4 Hp
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Spa)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Lucarios goal is to come in later in the game with hazards up and kill everything or come into a weak resisted attack swords dance then commense to rape anything that trys to kill him theres very few things that can switch into him (safely) after a swords dance or two

Jut a nitpick, but I woundn't reccomend naming a Pokemon their role (i.e. Lead the Aerodactyl, Toxic Spike wall the Tena=tacruel etc.). Other than that, the team looks good. I would suggest trying Taunt on Aerodactyl as well.

Hope this helped.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Minor change, but BOAH's point is to have 101 hp subs. You need 252 hp evs in order to achieve that.

Might edit later.

ik but i changed it since im never running into seismic tossers/nightshades and the stronger fire blast helps in getting some kos

I noticed that this team has a severe weakness to any Pokemon with a scarf and EQ, like Landorus, Terrakion, and to a greater extent, Darmanitan. (a jolly Excadrill can also destroy this team even without a scarf) This is because because 4 of your team members are weak to ground. (Arodactyle and Ferrothorn are the only ones who can switch in, but Arodactyle is usually dead by then, and Ferrothorn can still be killed by a fire attack from Tan)
To remedy this, I recommend trying a SD Excadrill with an Air Balloon.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Swords Dance/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Return

SD Excadrill would allow you switch into scarf Pokemon using EQ and force them to switch, giving you a free SD. Jolly would be preferred over Adament so you can out speed Adament Excadrill and at least speed tie with Jolly Excadrill in a pinch.

Your team is also weak to Fire snd Fighting. Tentacruel seems like a dead weight, as you already have plenty of hazards. Could I recommend replacing him with Jellicent?

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
EVs: 248 HP/ 216 Def/ 44 SDef
Surf/Will-O-Wisp/Recover/Taunt

Jellicent would be an excelent team member, as she can solve your team's weakness to Fire and Fighting. Since most Fighting users are physical, Jellicent can ruin their fun with WOW. Also, Jellicent's WOW can stop a scarved EQ from destroying your team should something happen to Excadrill. Jellicent benefits from your team as well, since she can get free recovery from water attacks aimed at Arodactyle, Tyranitar, and Excadrill.

Other than that, this is a solid team. Good luck on the ladder with it!

I noticed that this team has a severe weakness to any Pokemon with a scarf and EQ, like Landorus, Terrakion, and to a greater extent, Darmanitan. (a jolly Excadrill can also destroy this team even without a scarf) This is because because 4 of your team members are weak to ground. (Arodactyle and Ferrothorn are the only ones who can switch in, but Arodactyle is usually dead by then, and Ferrothorn can still be killed by a fire attack from Tan)
To remedy this, I recommend trying a SD Excadrill with an Air Balloon.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Swords Dance/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Return

SD Excadrill would allow you switch into scarf Pokemon using EQ and force them to switch, giving you a free SD. Jolly would be preferred over Adament so you can out speed Adament Excadrill and at least speed tie with Jolly Excadrill in a pinch.

Your team is also weak to Fire snd Fighting. Tentacruel seems like a dead weight, as you already have plenty of hazards. Could I recommend replacing him with Jellicent?

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
EVs: 248 HP/ 216 Def/ 44 SDef
Surf/Will-O-Wisp/Recover/Taunt

Jellicent would be an excelent team member, as she can solve your team's weakness to Fire and Fighting. Since most Fighting users are physical, Jellicent can ruin their fun with WOW. Also, Jellicent's WOW can stop a scarved EQ from destroying your team should something happen to Excadrill. Jellicent benefits from your team as well, since she can get free recovery from water attacks aimed at Arodactyle, Tyranitar, and Excadrill.

Other than that, this is a solid team. Good luck on the ladder with it!
Thanks i kind of like jellicent idea but why surf over scald? I also really like Tentacruels knock off

Surf over Scald because most of the stuff you would want to burn don't absorb it. The only OU Pokemon I can think of who can absorb it are Heatran, Chandelure, and Arcanine, all of which TTar or Excadrill can handle. As for Knock Off, it is a nice move to have, but most Pokemon who have Leftovers usually are ammune to SS or have another form of recovery.

On Aero run taunt over Toxic.
On EXCAdrill run Swords dance over brick break.
Run Ice Beam over knock off on tenta.
Run Ice Beam on ttar.
"This guys job is to set up Sand and kill any Steel-types who think they can come in" Try to add more description!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)