Sawsbuck (Choice Scarf) 2/3

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
(Approved by Molk, sorry if this sucks it's my first one)
[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Double-Edge / Return
move 2: Horn Leech
move 3: Megahorn
move 4: Baton Pass / Nature Power / Jump Kick
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Sap Sipper
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Sawsbuck draws STAB from both Double-Edge and Horn Leech, making those moves the two most important parts of this set. Choice Scarf allows Sawsbuck to out-speed Rotom-C, +1 Lilligant and +2 Omastar revenge killing the former two with Megahorn and the latter with Horn Leech; Megahorn is on this set to do this. Furthermore, Sawsbuck has Sap Sipper to reliably counter both Rotom-C and Lilligant. The first three attacks are walled by Steel-Type Pokemon which is why in the last set Nature Power (Earthquake) or Jump Kick can be used. Jump Kick is able to remove Ferroseed, while Nature Power can not, however Nature Power always removes Magneton. Baton pass is there to drypass which still gives your team momentum, however it can also pass Sap Sipper boosts.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Return is possible on this set since it only misses out on a little bit of power compared to Double-Edge but without the recoil, however Sawsbuck isn't very powerful as it is. The EVs are max/max so that Sawsbuck can at least speed-tie with Choice Scarf Jynx and other Choice Scarf Sawsbuck while out-speeding Choice Scarf Rotom-C. A Jolly nature is used for this, however if you don't care about Jynx an Adamant nature is helpful for certain KOs. Since his item doesn't boost attack, Sawsbuck needs hazard support to KO defensive Lanturn, Expert Belt Magmortar and Aggron. Omastar and Crustle are good support options for this; Omastar has better defensive synergy whilst Crustle can accept Sap Sipper boosts via Baton pass. Hariyama tanks Sawsbuck's hits easily and KOs back, so Ghost-Type Pokemon such as Misdreavus and Spiritomb are also good partners. Durant and Escavalier wall this set, so Fire-Type Pokemon are good Pokemon to use. Qwilfish both supports and checks Sawsbuck with Intimidate both ways; it stops the Fighting-Type Pokemon that threaten Sawsbuck but also stops Sawsbuck with Intimidate.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Double-Edge / Return
move 2: Horn Leech
move 3: Megahorn
move 4: Baton Pass / Nature Power / Jump Kick
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Sap Sipper
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Sawsbuck has a great move-pool with a bunch of different types covered within it, however with it's unique Normal/Grass Typing Sawsbuck's plethora of weaknesses find difficulty being covered in just one set. Topping that off with the general utility it loves with Baton Pass and only being able to use one move at a time due to Choice Scarf and it doesn't look like good news for Sawsbuck. However, Choice Scarf takes use of Sawsbuck's above average speed to become quite the deadly revenge-killer, despite it's fairly sub-par offensive stats. </p>

<p>Horn Leech gives it good longevity throughout the match thanks to it's high Base Power and draining capabilities. Naturally this pairs well with Sawsbuck's strongest attack, Double-Edge, since the down-side to the attack is the recoil damage racked up on it throughout the battle. Despite this, Return can be a good option instead of Double-Edge thanks to still being powerful and no recoil damage to go with it, however most of the time Double-Edge is the better option. Sawsbuck has a great ability called Sap Sipper which helps it fulfill it's potential as a revenger - even revenge killing other revenge killers! Sawsbuck can come in on Rotom-C, +1 Lilligant (after one Quiver Dance) and +2 Omastar (after one Shell Smash) and revenge kill all of them with Megahorn for the former two and Horn Leech for the latter thanks to it's above-average Speed and Jolly Nature. If you can predict correctly Sawsbuck can Baton Pass Attack boosts to other team-members after switching into a Grass-Type attack and absorbing it with Sap Sipper; this is also a great way to force offensive Pokemon such as Lilligant, Tangrowth and Rotom-C out while maintaining the switch advantage. This is also a great way to support your team while countering Whimsicott, since almost every move Whimsicott uses are of the Grass-Type.</p>

<p>The other two possible moves, Nature Power and Jump Kick, serve very similar roles for your set. Since Nature Power turns into Earthquake on battle simulators and Wifi battles it is a reliable way to remove Steel-Types, such as Magneton and Klinklang, however it gives no extra coverage that Horn Leech doesn't already cover. Jump Kick is a lot less reliable due to the heavy HP drop if it misses or is used on a Pokemon with Protect, however it provides coverage against opposing Normal-Types and Ferroseed, two types of Pokemon that have the ability to wall Sawsbuck heavily.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Due to having the same base Speed as Rotom-Mow, Choice Scarf Rotom-Normal is also out-sped by Choice Scarf Sawsbuck, however often they willbe able to tank a hit or two from Sawsbuck. Furthermore, if you manage to switch into Tangrowth whilst he is using a Grass-Type attack (such as Leaf Storm or Sleep Powder) you will gain the ability to 2HKO it, despite it being very bulky. Good partners to Sawsbuck are Omastar and Crustle (hazard setters only) since Sawsbuck's Attack stat isn't all that great he really likes hazard support. Hazard support lets Sawsbuck get a lot more kills, such as defensive Lanturn, Expert Belt Magmortar and even bulky Pokemon such as Aggron and Quagsire. It benefits Sawsbuck immensely due to the admittedly average Attack stat. Both help in other ways; Crustle can get off some extremely powerful X-Scissors or Rock Blasts once Sawsbuck Baton Passes attack boosts to it, while Omastar brings a FWG (Fire Water Grass) core 2 thirds to completion, and FWG is extremely good in rarelyused. The synergy it brings to Sawsbuck is resisting his Fire-, Flying- and Poison-Type weakness', as well as being a great lure for Grass-Type attacks, letting Sawsbuck get a Sap Sipper boost from them. Furthermore Bug/Steel type Pokemon, such as Durant and Escavalier, handily wall Sawsbuck, resisting both of Sawsbuck's STAB attacks and being death neutral damage by it's coverage attacks. This means that Fire-Type Pokemon are great partners and with Omastar it completes a strong FWG core. Qwilfish is another possible Water-Type Pokemon to partner with Sawsbuck since it can also stack Spikes and Toxic Spikes and even cripple threats such as Durant to stop them hurting the sweep as much. It can also situationally take down a Pokemon that threatens Sawsbuck's with Destiny Bond. Qwilfish is also a fantastic check to Choice Scarf Sawsbuck thanks to Intimidate, and he can use Thunder Wave to cripple Sawsbuck for the rest of the battle. Bulky Fighting-Type Pokemon such as Hariyama and even Throh are full-on counters to Sawsbuck due to being able to hit it hard with their STAB attacks and tanking hits very well. Ghost-Type Pokemon, such as Misdreavus and Spiritomb, handle the Fighting-Types well, and they also spin-block so Sawsbuck can have those ever-helpful hazards still there for it's clean.

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Has trouble fitting all of the coverage options he wants into on set
  • Horn Leech is the main STAB attack he uses and it lets it recover it's health back otherwise he would be worn down very easily, however it's only use in the battle is to increase Sawsbuck's longevity and take out dangerous threats such as boosted Omastar and Kabutops.
  • Double-Edge pairs well with Horn Leech as the STABs and is very powerful which Sawsbuck needs due to his fairly sub-par offenses
  • Return can be used if you really dislike the recoil of Double-Edge but the majority of the time Double-Edge will be better due to it's far superior power
  • Megahorn is there to hurt the Grass types he comes in on with Sap Sipper, very important in a tier over-grown with Grass Types. One of the great things about Sawsbuck is his Grass Type immunity thanks to Sap Sipper and ability to revenge said Grass types.
  • Baton Pass passes Attack boosts from Sap Sipper to another team member as well as avoiding a pursuit if he ends up at low health but still has use for later in the match, it also gains momentum very well.
  • Nature Power, in other words Earthquake but not getting hurt by Sucker Punch, is Sawsbuck's most reliable way to get past Steel Types such as Klinklang and Magneton.
  • Jump Kick is there to get past Steel and Normal Types but is a weaker and far less reliable version of Nature Power. It does however hit Ferroseed super-effectively, something which Nature Power does not.
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • An Adamant nature can work to get some more KOs without hazard support but one of the perks, revenging scarf Rotom-C with ease, is gone.
  • After a Sap Sipper boost Sawsbuck can usually 2HKO Tangrowth.
  • This set needs hazard support to really prosper so defensive Omastar is a great partner, especially since it can lure Grass types for Sawsbuck to get its Sap Sipper boost.
  • If you choose to run Baton Pass Crustle can also be a good team-mate to set up hazards and accept the attack boost with pleasure.
  • The bulky fighting types of RU such as Hariyama and Throh are great at walling Sawsbuck and forcing a switch or just outright KO'ing. Hitmonlee is also great at keeping Scarfbuck in line since it can come in a Fake Out/Mach Punch to get unburden up and bite back with Hi Jump Kick. Ghost types are clearly good partners in this situation due to their immunity to the fighting attacks and ability to burn them with Will-O-Wisp. Pokemon like Spiritomb and Misdreavus are good partners because of this.
  • Durant and Escavalier resist both of his STABs and have good defense to boot, this makes Fire types good partners to take them out.
  • Qwilfish is both a great partner and a great check to Sawsbuck, since it can hurt Sawsbuck's sweeps with Intimidate and cripple it with Thunder Wave or force a switch. It can, however, wall the Fighting Types mentioned earlier and stack Spikes for Sawsbuck, which he greatly appreciates.

Last edited:

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
A few nitpicks:

• Mention that Double-Edge is more powerful then Return and helps mitigate Sawsbuck's only above-average offensive presence
  • Baton Pass also gains momentum by letting Sawsbuck switch out of a predicted counter and go into a check of said counter
  • Jump Kick also hits Ferroseed super effectively, which is worth mentioning
  • The point about hazard support in AC should go after the Adamant point
  • I AC you mention Pokemon that can beat Sawsbuck, but you don't mention how to get past them; Galvantula is handled well by Steelix, while the Fighting-types are troubled by Spiritomb and Uxie
  • I don't think that Seed Bomb should be mentioned at all, the tiny increase in power is never noticeable
AC said:
  • Wild Charge is an attack to let it charge straight through Flying Type pokemon such as Swellow and Braviary however Double-Edge is usually fine to handle the birds; Wild Charge is nice to catch Choice Scarf Moltres on the switch though
  • Galvantula is one of the best counters to Scarfbuck as it can come in on Horn Leech, Jump Kick and Megahorn and either force a switch or KO with Bug Buzz. Due to it being so fast Sawsbuck can also not revenge it.
  • The common fighting types of RU such as Gallade, Sawk, Scarf Medicham and Hitmonlee are also great at keeping Scarfbuck in line with great bulk in terms of Gallade and Sawk and simply being faster in terms of Scarf Medicham and Hitmonlee.
  • Faint Attack could be used to get past Misdreavus and Dusknoir more easily
  • Bounce can work over Megahorn to get past Bug and Grass Types in one move, however the turn to charge is unfavorable
  • Seed Bomb can also be used over Horn Leech for a tiny bit more power but often-times it is not noticable.
  • Galvantula is one of the best counters to Scarfbuck as it can come in on Horn Leech, Jump Kick and Megahorn and either force a switch or KO with Bug Buzz. Due to it being so fast Sawsbuck can also not revenge it.
  • The common fighting types of RU such as Gallade, Sawk, Scarf Medicham and Hitmonlee are also great at keeping Scarfbuck in line with great bulk in terms of Gallade and Sawk and simply being faster in terms of Scarf Medicham and Hitmonlee.
You repeat these points, remove those that are at the top as the teammates (those aren't even teammates :O) are mentioned after the alternative moves.

I'm not QC, so feel free to disagree, but overall, good job :]

Celever

i am town
I made all of the changes except for removing Seed Bomb because I'm think it has some kind of use! :s

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
No problem :) but, you haven't mentioned the Baton Pass point, the fact that it gains momentum is very important :o

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, guess I'll be the first QC member to weigh in on this:

• Remove Scarf Moltres mention. It's a terrible choice due to its 4x SR weakness and shouldn't really be used under any circumstance.
  • Um, Gallade's physical bulk is terrible. Really wouldn't call it a bulky Fighting-type when talking about a physical Scarf user like Sawsbuck. Hariyama is bulky though.
  • Don't really think Galvantula is a good check to Sawsbuck. It gets trucked by Double-Edge/Return, is hit hard by Megahorn, and has a hard time handling Horn Leech due to its frailty.
  • Mention how Horn Leech not only can revenge dangerous things like boosted Omastar, but it also gives Sawsbuck a lot more staying power than most other Scarf users, allowing it to typically outlast walls and its checks/counters.
  • Just name the set Choice Scarf. No use using a fancy-sounding name.

Not done looking over this/testing this, so I'll hold off on my approval. Just want to have a few more battles with it, though it's been nice so far.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry this took so long to get back to. Didn't really find any other issues with this in testing, so:

QC Approved 1/3

Celever, what ScraftyIsTheBest means is explain why this Sawsbuck set should be used over other Sawsbuck sets (it hits a great speed tier for a Scarfer that allows it to outspeed +2 Omastar as well as Scarf Rotom-C and +1 Lilligant, which other Sawsbuck sets fail to do. Also a Sap Sipper boost is really nice and can be beneficial when using Sawsbuck when attaining KOs or Baton Passing it out). While this is mentioned briefly in AC, this is when it is explaining the EVs, while the perks of the set need to be emphasized in the Set Comments. imo, I think Megahorn needs to get mentioned that it has a 71.88% chance to 2HKO Tangrowth after a Sap Sipper boost, and a guaranteed 2HKO on Tangrowth after SR.

Also, I feel that there are things in AC that are somewhat questionable. For example, it says that Galvantula is a great check for Scarf Sawsbuck as it can switch into Horn Leech, Megahorn, and Jump Kick. While this is true for Horn Leech and Jump Kick, Galvantula takes a whopping 58.71 - 69.39% from Megahorn (Bug doesn't resist Bug). Unless you run into Choice Scarf Galvantula (which is not good as a set), Sawsbuck can cleanly 2HKO it (Scarf Sawsbuck outspeeds max speed Galvantula). If you want to keep Galvantula as a check, be my guest, but I just don't think its a great check that you make it out to be. All four of the Fighting types you mention (Gallade, Sawk (completely irrelevant), Hitmonlee, and Medicham) do not have great bulk and all get 2HKOed by Return (and Hitmonlee has a 68.75% chance of getting OHKOed) without a boost, and all but bulky Gallade (which has a 43.75% chance of getting OHKOed without hazards) get OHKOed easily with a Sap Sipper boost. Technically, only Hitmonlee can check Sawsbuck with Mach Punch, while the others just plain suck when checking Sawsbuck). If you count those Fighting types as checks, you can add a huge list of Pokemon that can "check" Sawsbuck (Entei, Emboar, Druddigon, etc.) as well. Also, it is strange that you mention these Pokemon but not Durant or Escavalier, both of which can easily take a hit (unlike your list of checks) and retaliate with a super-effective move. That makes Qwilfish (something that can set up Spikes) as well as combat both Durant and Escavalier (and to a lesser extent, physical Fire types) a fantastic partner. Oh yeah, on a final note, Seed Bomb shouldn't be in AC because the power difference between it and Horn Leech is minor and the recovery from Horn Leech is much more beneficial.

Sorry if I'm being harsh here, but I don't really know how this got through the first QC stage without heavy scrutiny. Feel free to disprove anything I say, but I'm writing down what I think is necessary to change so that it doesn't fool people when reading this set on site.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
Ok thanks for the reply.

I mentioned it can outspeed +2 omastar and Scarf Rotom-C but not Lilligant actually. Also I didn't know that about Tangrowth, I guess I never thought to try :s.

With Galvantula I said common, not great. On half of the moves, especially horn leech which generally you would use the most. Galvantula can quickly come in and since Choice Scarf is used a lot (and isn't that bad really, I have used it to success I will say that now) it is something the reader would have to watch out for whilst battling with Sawsbuck.
I will replace Gallade with Hariyama in the checks and counters (I meant to do that actually, must have slipped my mind a bit) and Sawk with Poliwrath since it walls unless you are locked into Horn Leech which will be specified. I will add Escav and Durant as checks and Qwilfish as a partner. Also I did note them as checks since Hitmonlee /can/ take him out with a faster STAB after he switches in. I will remove Medicham though. I guess I thought they were bulkier than they were... I have also added Qwilfish as a counter though, as well as a check.

Also I forgot that I had to get this written up but it should be done by the end of the day!

Outspeeding +1 Lilligant is important considering Sawsbuck gets a free switch into a lot of its moves. Everything SpareAacount said is true and I would advise implementing it all if you missed out on anything.

With Galvantula I said common, not great. On half of the moves, especially horn leech which generally you would use the most. Galvantula can quickly come in and since Choice Scarf is used a lot (and isn't that bad really, I have used it to success I will say that now) it is something the reader would have to watch out for whilst battling with Sawsbuck.
There is a reason the Galvantula analysis doesn't have a Scarf set - it was deemed unviable. So you are presumably warning people to watch out for a bad set. Galvantula is better off removed.

Sawk with Poliwrath since it walls unless you are locked into Horn Leech which will be specified.
You can't really check something very well if you are weak to one of their STABs. It would be better to just stick with the other three, as that is enough examples.

Please remove AC mentions of Seed Bomb, Bounce, Wild Charge, and Faint Attack. A lot of people have explained why Seed Bomb is bad and I really doubt it actually will net any extra KOs, unless you can provide some examples. Bounce does less than Double-Edge even if its super effective. Wild Charge does the same amount when super effective and has the same drawback as Double-Edge. Also, Faint Attack may look cool, but...

252 Atk Sawsbuck Faint Attack vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Misdreavus (+Def) : 22.22% - 26.54% (4-5 hits to KO)

As a side note, I would like to see Double-Edge/Return moved to the first slot on this set. Considering it is a revenge killer, the stronger moves will generally be more useful because, well, it will end up killing the opponent more often.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is there any specific reason as to why Sawsbuck has 32 HP EVs? I know other base 95 Scarf Pokemon like Jynx and other Scarf Buck aren't necessarily all that common, but having max Speed will be much more useful than the random bulk you have right now which literally does nothing as far as I can tell.

@Celever ?

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
agreeing with ebeast that i don't really understand the need for the 32 hp evs on Sawsbuck. Even if Sawsbuck doesn't outpace anything notable with its other EVs, i'd rather be able to always tie at worst with other Scarfbuck and other rare choice scarfed base 95's than have a little more hp, which as far i can tell doesn't seem to accomplish much of anything .-.

Celever

i am town
Eh, OK I'll change it to max speed, I suppose it's good to speedtie with Jynx.
Sorry for not getting round to writing this yet, I'm just going to have to ignore all of the rest of the internet for a while and get this typed up; I will try to get it done tomorrow.

Celever

i am town
>Says he will get it done tomorrow
>Gets it done over a week later

Yeah sorry about the wait guys! I have got this written up now though, so it's ready for the final QC check!

There are many things wrong with the write-up. The first paragraph is almost all fluff or misleading info. The set comments reads like a bulleted list without much info on how to use the set or what its merits are. Other than that are things that should be taken out like mention of WiFi battles, irrelevant Pokemon like Whimsicott and Quagsire, and false info like Sawsbuck having the same Speed at Rotom-C. I'm sorry but I do think that the whole set needs to be revamped. I suggest reading How to C&C, the Spelling and Grammar Standards, and on-site analyses for examples. I'm going to reject this for now. If it gets 3 rejections I suggest finding someone who's willing to help you write the set or transferring it over to someone else.

QC Rejected 1/3

Celever

i am town
So should I use the skeleton to rewrite this entirely?

(I don't have anything planned to do today :s)

Yeah the skeleton can still be used. You can try to find someone else to QC this and probably someone who is willing to write it with you.

I really don't want to reject this so I want to point out some major issues I found.

Set Comments

Sawsbuck has a great move-pool with a bunch of different types covered within it, however with it's unique Normal/Grass Typing Sawsbuck's plethora of weaknesses find difficulty being covered in just one set. Topping that off with the general utility it loves with Baton Pass and only being able to use one move at a time due to Choice Scarf and it doesn't look like good news for Sawsbuck. However, Choice Scarf takes use of Sawsbuck's above average speed to become quite the deadly revenge-killer, despite it's fairly sub-par offensive stats.
Is this line supposed to be positive or negative? Regardless, this could probably be merged with paragraph #2 and the positive points could be summarized, something along the lines of explaining that it gets good coverage, gets nice utility with Baton Pass, and has a good enough speed to revenge kill the Pokemon listed below. Or just deleted, since its pretty fluffy.

Sawsbuck can come in on Rotom-C, +1 Lilligant (after one Quiver Dance) and +2 Omastar (after one Shell Smash) and revenge kill all of them with Megahorn for the former two and Horn Leech for the latter thanks to it's above-average Speed and Jolly Nature.
This is a bit too long to get the point across. Something like "Sawsbuck is capable of outspeeding and revenge killing threats such as +1 Rotom-C, +1 Lilligant, and +2 Omastar" would be fine. The reader probably knows how they got said boost. (Lilligant could also be holding a Scarf to be at +1.) Stuff like this occurs in other areas as well so watch out!

Additional Comments

Sawsbuck has a great ability called Sap Sipper which helps it fulfill it's potential as a revenger - even revenge killing other revenge killers!
Ability information should be put into AC. Also be sure to explain what the ability does for it.

Due to having the same base Speed as Rotom-Mow, Choice Scarf Rotom-Normal is also out-sped by Choice Scarf Sawsbuck
Rotom is faster than Rotom-C. Speaking of which, for Rotoms, "Rotom" and "Rotom-C" should be what they are labeled as at all times.

Qwilfish is also a fantastic check to Choice Scarf Sawsbuck thanks to Intimidate, and he can use Thunder Wave to cripple Sawsbuck for the rest of the battle. Bulky Fighting-Type Pokemon such as Hariyama and even Throh are full-on counters to Sawsbuck due to being able to hit it hard with their STAB attacks and tanking hits very well. Ghost-Type Pokemon, such as Misdreavus and Spiritomb, handle the Fighting-Types well, and they also spin-block so Sawsbuck can have those ever-helpful hazards still there for it's clean.
There is already a checks and counters section in the analysis so there is no real need to explain what counters it (especially when these are all things that deal with any other Sawsbuck)

You really should go through all this and 1) get a definite order going 2) avoid fluff 3) be correct about everything and 4) follow the structure of all the other sets out there.

I'll check again on this later but if it doesn't look much better after you're done I might have to reject it too :/

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
Thanks Swamp.

Unfortunately I'm not at a.. good computer? (the internet on this is pretty shoddy as is, and I hate this keyboard there are giant gaps between the keys so I keep mistyping) so I will have to try that out tomorrow sometime, possibly the next day since I will be quite busy tomorrow. Sorry to hold stuff up more...

Also is "Rotom" not "Rotom-N"?

Also is "Rotom" not "Rotom-N"?
Yes. Generally for Pokemon with a base forme and then a few other formes nothing is added to the name of the base forme. Things like Thundurus, Giratina, and Rotom are correct instead of things like Thundurus-I, Giratina-A, and Rotom-N even though things like Thundurus-T, Giratina-O, and Rotom-C are correct. You can find the list of accepted forme names in the Spelling and Grammar Standards thread that DittoCrow linked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)