Non-Pokébank OU Scarf volt/turn core

So I have tried many different Pokemon testing this team changing Pokemon using mega's not using mega's a z move no z moves I changed around Pokemon for a week and a half

So a high damage scarfer that can u turn scout take a ghost or ground attack and kill the enemy or take down slow rock types or steel types with close combat so it kills most walls with brave birds or double edges and most importantly outspeeds Pheromosa

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imtimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
  • Brave Bird is high damage that can kill most walls like Toxapex, Mantine, Golisopod
  • Double Edge is Reckless boosted damage to Electric types
  • Close Combat can kill Rock and Steel types that usually resist
  • U-turn can scout out opponent switches or if the opponent is going to stay in while doing high damage

So to complete the high damage volt/turn core with unrealistic special attack and with a scarf it outspeeding many things and can switch in resisted attacks and do high damage back

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Thunderbolt is high damage STAB that can kill anything neutral with its high special attack like Aquaraqnid, Celesteela, Sylveon
  • Volt Switch is momentum stab that can scout out switches and see if they stay in or not
  • Energy Ball can kill Ground types that want to switch in to Xurkitree expecting a Volt Switch
  • Dazzling Gleam can kill any Dragon types who believe that they can take a Volt Switch

Now to take electric type moves for Staraptor as well as doing damage that can kill everything with Choice Band damage and taking elemental attacks

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Thousand Arrows hits flying types with Banded Stab and can kill Skarmory, Celesteela
  • Outrage does extremely high Dragon stab that kills everything neutral
  • Extreme Speed is priority damage so it can kill any sweeper faster than it
  • Crunch is random it can kill ghosts and psychic types

After all the weakening I kneed a fast sweeper that can take advantage of all the damage done to the opponent revenge sweeping the opponent and taking a fighting type move to finish a game

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Psychic does high Stab damage and kills Toxapex, Nihelego, and the Tapu's
  • Dazzling Gleam can kill all Dark and Dragons while doing high neutral damage to other things
  • Shadow Ball can kill all psychic and ghost types wanting to switch in
  • Focus Blast when it isn't missing 99% of the time it kills Dark, Ice, Steel, and Rock types

Now I kneed a wall that also can be used for support while taking ice ans poison types while providing small offensive support and with regenerator can keep it alive longer with extremely high defences

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Careful Nature
  • Toxic can chip away the opponent slowly and take down sashes
  • Liquidation is basic stab that can do damage while lowering the opponents defences
  • Poison Jab is other stab that can do good damage
  • Recover can sustain Toxapex and keep it alive so it can wall out longer

To finish out the team we have another Pheromosa counter that haves it's HP faster than you can say High Jump Kick and with an assault vest it can easily switch into special hits or normal and fighting hits

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
  • Rapid Spin is there because my team is weak to field hazards so I need to get rid of them
  • Anchor Shot boosted by Steel Worker it becomes a Brave Bird and can get lots of kills and take out Fairies
  • Power Whip is powerful stab that can do lots of damage and take down sweepers who want to switch in
  • Phantom Force is stab that can scout out hit and pp stall the opponent

Whole Team

Starscream (Staraptor) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Live Wire (Xurkitree) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Cell (Zygarde-10%) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch

Loki (Alakazam) (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Captain Hook (Dhelmise) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Phantom Force
- Anchor Shot
- Power Whip

Cuddles (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
- Recover

Any problems with this team please tell me how to improve this team

Last edited:

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
How much mileage have you actually got out of Arcanine so far? If not much, I recommend finding a cleric such as Chansey/Meowstic/Meloetta/Ribombee and others.

Thanks for trying but I can't use most of them meloetta and meowstic are pokebank only ribombee doesn't have high bulk and chansey is another special tank while arcanine with intimidate can switch into physical hits

Question here, how did you manage to get rapid spin on Tentacruel in Non-Pokebank? Isn't it supposed to be a chain move from Squirtle?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)