BW OU Scizor and friends - VoltTurn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro
Welcome to my new RMT; currently I'm playing with 6th Gen teams on PS!, but me and my friend only have a BW2 cartridge, so I would like to know what do you think about my "old" VoltTurn.

Overview

In-Depth

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This is the best set a Scizor can have: a slow U-turn brings in "weaker" teammates, Bullet Punch gives priority, Superpower hit hard pkm like Chansey/Blissey, Heatran, Ferrothorn and Tyranitar, Pursuit traps annoying foes like Gengar and Lati@s (without HP Fire)

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-W, other than Heatran, sponges Fire attacks and hits hard with Volt Switch and Hydro Pump; WOW cripples Physical Attackers and Pain Split acts as a form of recovery. I find this set a bit odd, because commonly it runs Specially/Physically Defensive, so I would like to know what do you think.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I chose this Physically Defensive because I need someone resistant to fighting (for Ferrothorn and Heatran) and with Intimidate Lando-T is perfect; even with an Impish nature HP Ice hits hard Dragon-types like Dragonite and Garchomp.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SDef / 128 Def
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn runs an odd set that I would name Mixed Wall (I'm not sure how much can it be effective), but is working well; it provides Stealth Rock, synergize well with the team and really irritate the opponent (lol).

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Toxic

Heatran is here to help Scizor and Ferrothorn with its ability, Flash Fire; I chose HP Grass because it can it really hard annoying pkm like Gastrodon and Quagsire, that would otherwise wall it

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Spd / 36 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

I chose a Bulky set for Starmie because its a Rapid Spinner, so I need it to stay alive; 224+ Spd let it outrun timid Gengar and Tornadus, the rest is thrown into Spa. Natura Cure is mandatory.

Importable for PS!
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SDef / 128 Def
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Toxic

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Spd / 36 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Hi ReadytoRoll,

This seems like a pretty good balanced team. One problem I noticed with your team was that your team is weak to Sun teams. Once Heatran is eliminated by Dugtrio (common on many sun teams), Venusaur can pretty easily set-up Growth on Rotom-W, sweeping the rest of your team with a combination of Giga Drain, HP Fire, and Sludge Bomb. In the same way, once Volcarona gets a Quiver Dance (and Heatran is gone), it can sweep your team with a combination of Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, and Fire Blast.

To help with this, I think you can try using Air Balloon Heatran. By giving Heatran a ground-type immunity, Air Balloon allows Heatran to escape Dugtrio, making it much easier for you to beat sun teams. In addition, Heatran can now switch into Earthquake much more easily, helping you in dealing with ground-types like Hippodown and Lando-T.

On Rotom-W, I would recommend a spread with 248 HP, 40 SAtk, and 220 Spe (keeping a modest nature). Although Rotom-W loses a lot of attacking power, it's added speed allows to outspeed Adamant Mamoswine, Adamant Dragonite, and max speed Scizor, allowing the washing machine to Will-o-wisp them first.

Another problem I found with your team is the lack of a Scarfer. Although Scizor's Bullet Punch helps with most attackers, it fails against Pokemon that resist Steel, meaning Pokemon such as Nasty Plot Thunderus-T will cause trouble. Bulkly Pokemon like DD Dragonite and Sword Dance For this reason, I suggest you use a Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Scarf Landorus-T give you a revenge killer that can also use U-turn, letting it fit in with the theme of your team. Finally, with its boosted speed and high attack stat, Landorus-T can act as a win condition, giving your team more offensive momentum.

Hope this helps!

Sets:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 172 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

The given EVs allow Landorus to outspeed everything up to and including +1 Gyarados, while giving it an odd HP stat to minimize Stealth Rocks damage. A faster spread with 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe can also be used to outspeed neutral nature +1 base 100s.

Thanks for the reply (a bit late :p)
I'll try scarf-landorus and air baloon-heatran, but I think a slow rotom is better (specially with volt switch)

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. I'm going to have to lock this thread due to lack of descriptions. Please PM me once you feel you can update them, and also feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Please read over the rules as well! n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)