ORAS OU Scoliosis (Hazard Spam+ Steel Spam), Peaked 1812, 80.1% GXE

Introduction

Hey Jase Duken here, welcome to my first OU RMT featuring an offensive Bug Spam dual hazard squad utilizing Mega Scizor and of course Scolopede to get back into the OU Meta. Having played a variety of tiers recently, I thought I would try and reach my personal goal of breaking the 1800's before the release of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon with the upcoming generation seven.

Having just recently got back into OU laddering once again, I thought I would build around the core of Mega Scizor and Bisharp having enjoyed my success in the monotype tier, I wanted to ensure I could get the most out of my team. I found that Scolipede was a great partner to Scizor and Bisharp because I can break sash leads and endeavour threats to Scizor+Bisharp and pressure them appropriately. On top of that both Garchomp, Keldeo and Heatran Leads could be dealt and capitalised upon them all which was highly appealing in the design process.

Huge thankyou to Obii, Cory and JasonWilliam and the rest of the FIR community for helping with the team layout, battle practise and general advice with the showcased team, it was much appreciated :)

Proof Of Peak :

Team Process

Mega Scizor not only acted as my mega of choice but also provided the team with tons of utility with its fantastic defensive typing as well checking and revenge killing numerous foes with its fearsome Technician-boosted Bullet Punch and Bug Bite respectfully. Because of the nature of the current OU Metagame, I opted for the Adament max Attack and Speed set keeping it plain and simple.

Typically, Scolipede will want to lead off against an opposing team in order to get up Spikes early and prevent its Focus Sash from being broken by opposing entry hazards, I opted for Scolopede to be my dedicated lead of sorts. I often Prioritised whether or not I wanted spikes up or instead focus on removing a key threat removed on the opposing team. This set is highly prone prone to being Taunted or having its entry hazards bounced back by Magic Bouncers, so Pin Missile was chosen to remove Sash providing some nice offensive presence when needed.

I opted and took the Lum variant of Bisharp, Lum sharp is best used as a late-game sweeper against offensive teams and fat teams, gameplan wise I value it as a key piece of the team saving it for after its checks and counters have been sufficiently weakened. However, Bisharp can also act as a powerful wallbreaker early- or mid-game against more defensively oriented teams and lastly highly valued the free momentum and switches that Landorus generates.

Manaphy as a standalone water type fares well against both defensive and balanced teams, as the extra coverage helps it break down its would be checks, making Manaphy even harder for defensive teams to beat. Against defensive teams, set up on the likes of Skarmory, Mega Sableye, and Tentacruel, which pose no threat to Manaphy. To capitalise on the pressure that my previous team members achieve, I opted for Hp Fire and Psychic coverage respectfully.

Thundurus fits well on offensive teams in need of an emergency check to multiple sweepers that also has offensive presence. Thundurus fits mainly on offense teams, which appreciate both Thundurus's ability to check Steel- and Flying-types and its ability to act as a late-game cleaner and weaken defensive Pokemon. I went for the standard Thunder Wave + 3 attacks set to ensure I could deal with as many pokemon as possible.

Landorus T was added as my final member as a necessary pivot for momentum and for a reliable Rocksetter in general. Landorus-T's superb typing gives him immunities to Electric and Ground, two very potent offensive typings, and resistances to Bug, Fighting, and Poison. Landorus-T's defensive potential is also commendable allowing all of my team members to safely come in.

Team Description

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

After a Swords Dance boost, Scizor transforms into an awesome offensive threat, capable of levelling teams with just Bullet Punch and Bug Bite. The former is both a good sweeping and revenge killing tool thanks to priority and boosts from Technician and STAB. Bug Bite further improves Scizor's coverage, hitting relevant threats such as Rotom-W, Celebi, Mega Slowbro, Jirachi, and Mega Venusaur harder so that Scizor does not have to rely on a weaker Bullet Punch.

A simple spread of maximum Attack and Speed, along with an Adamant nature, allows Scizor to hit as hard and fast as possible.

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Spikes
- Pin Missile
- Endeavor

Spikes serve just the one single purpose; to help break down the opposing team as quickly as possible. Endeavor serves to set an opponent down to a single hit point after taking a hit, as thanks to Speed Boost and Scolipede's uninvested defenses, you'll be able to outrun nearly everything and severely weaken an opponent. Pin Missile is able to break through Substitutes and Focus Sashes, notably having a 50% chance to OHKO lead Azelf sets as well as breaking Sturdy / Focus Sash on a variety of targets.

Maximum Speed investment allows Scolipede to outrun and set up on as many threats as possible, while the rest is put into Attack in order to hit things as hard as possible. While many players would rather use Toxic Spikes, Baton Pass allows Scolipede to pass its Speed boosts to a teammate. I found this works on tandem with team mates well and allows me to bluff the dual hazards Scolopede set and ultimately turns any of my pokemon into potential wincons.

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Bisharp is a top-tier threat in the ORAS OU Metagame, as it sports numerous positive traits that allow it to take on many different team archetypes. Defiant, STAB Knock Off and Sucker Punch, and the ability to check many top-tier threats, such as Latios, Latias, and Clefable, make Bisharp a good choice for many offensive teams. Additionally, it can act as a great setup sweeper with Swords Dance as targets attempt to switch in, all of which the rest of the team really appreciates.

Bisharp is taking a Lum Berry to aid in setting up on bulky Water-types, as Bisharp will no longer have to worry about random Scald burns. It also helps with Will-O-Wisp from the likes of Rotom-W, Mega Sableye, and Mega Gardevoir.

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Scald

Despite Manaphy's cute looks, it is one of the most capable Pokemon in the entire OU tier, being one of the most prominent wallbreakers and stallbreakers. Tail Glow makes it immediately threatening, boosting Manaphy's Special Attack by three whole stages in the span of only one turn. With one move, Manaphy can easily set up on and destroy many common defensive Pokemon, such as Mega Sableye, Mega Scizor, Skarmory, Heatran, Hippowdon, and more.

Manaphy is the team's only true Fire Check and deals with Volcanion, Heatran, Mega Venusaur and Amoongus lastly I also included Wacan Berry to let Manaphy check and take on an Electric-type such as Raikou, Mega Manectric, or Thundurus once turning the tide
( pun intended ) preventing an early sweep from being shut down. This often was a game changer once Tail Glow was used to remove many problematic pokemon.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

Thunder Wave enables Thundurus to paralyze faster attackers and sweepers, preventing them from sweeping and enabling Thundurus to act as a one-time emergency check. Thunderbolt is Thundurus's main offensive move; it acts as a powerful, reliable, and accurate STAB move. Hidden Power Ice gets perfect coverage alongside Thunderbolt; specifically, it hits Ground-types such as Gliscor and Landorus-T, Dragon-types such as Latios and Garchomp, and certain Grass-types such as Serperior and Chesnaught. Focus Blast provides powerful coverage on Pokemon that resist Electric such as Ferrothorn, Mega Charizard X, Raikou, Mega Manectric, Kyurem-B, Magnezone, and Quagsire, as well as certain specially bulky Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Heatran.

A spread of 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe gives Thundurus as much speed and power as possible while giving it an odd HP number, reducing the damage it takes from Stealth Rock. Thundurus along with Manaphy help to deal with many of the key threats that plague Scizor, Scolopede and Bisharp, with its near perfect coverage, no one is truly safe from Thundurus.

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Lastly Landorus T was added to the line up. Earthquake is Landorus-T's main way to deal with Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Raikou, Mega Manectric, Mega Diancie and Excadrill. Stealth Rock is used for gradually wearing down your opponent's Pokemon and punishing switch-ins, with Landorus-T being an excellent user due to its good typing and ability to switch into many physical attackers to sponge hits. U-turn makes Landorus-T a great pivot to gain offensive momentum and scout the foe's moves as well as baiting in some defensive Pokemon such as Skarmory that strong wallbreakers on your team can take advantage of without taking the risk of getting damaged beforehand. Stone Edge is the best possible coverage move for Landorus-T, allowing it to hit Flying-types and Pokemon with Levitate while being able to OHKO some threats such as Mega Pinsir, Talonflame, Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y.

Because of the nature of what Landorus attracts to the table, a yache berry was taken to check and lure Mega Lopunny, Mega Manectric, Raikou, Thundurus and a wide assortment of specific pokemon carrying ice coverage which lets us use Stealth Rock or just remove that specific threat via Ground, Rock and Bug coverage respectfully, this minor edit was a huge change changer for my team.

Importable Team

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Spikes
- Pin Missile
- Endeavor

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Scald

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Special Thanks

The FIR mentor community
Pokemon Fire Island Ruins
Pokemon Central

Threats

Mega Herracross can be an issue if left unchecked or it manages to get a substitute up. Preventing that set up and preserving Landorus if the situational calls is most wise until Heracross is in a position to be removed entirely.

Because of the nature of the team, both Mega Charizard Y and Mega Charizard X can be issues for the team due to three of my team members being weak to the fire type. Both of these tyrants can leave huge holes in the team and must be played around accordingly.

Both Zapdos and Sub Calm Mind Raikou must be played around accordingly. Zapdos with its Electric Fire and Raikou with its Electric Ice coverage can be immense threats to the team with no real switch ins. Playing aggressively and ensuring the removal of these pokemon or taking advantage of the psychology these pokemon apply can lighten the load. Preventing that set up is key by pressuring would be opponents.

Last edited:
why do u not have any spinners or defoggers in ur team?
I did at one point when I had zapdos but i felt it didnt really helped the team because I needed thundy with T wave and i didnt want to remove my hazards; also cuz w/o speed pass the team is pretty slow. plus I can force my opponent to defog hazards away but overall the team pressures alot of builds. i know i have thundy but just keep up with offensive and it will be hard for your opponent to get rocks up

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

you can use this spread too it stills allows you out speed 44 ev rotoms and can take EQ from scarf drill/lando better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)