Scrafty @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

With a vast moveset and decent bulk for its role, Scrafty makes its presence known as a efficient sweeper. Dragon Dance allows Scrafty to set up and sweep the opposing team with powerful STAB moves that deal heavy damage to almost everything after a few boosts. Scrafty's good offensive typing allows it to switch into Knock Off easily and take advantage of Choice-locked Pursuit trappers such as Sneasel. Scrafty's ability Shed Skin is beneficial when setting up, as it could remove any crippling status conditions such as Toxic poison and burn from the likes of Altaria's Toxic and Slowking's Scald, respectively. Scrafty should set up on Pokemon it forces out such as Palossand and Gigalith to avoid problems whilst setting up. Fightinium Z allows Scrafty to combat physical walls and Dark-resistant Pokemon such as Audino and Hariyama. Fairy- and Poison-types such as Whimsicott, Toxicroak, and Garbodor check Scrafty, as they can wall and wear down it rather easily, so Pokemon such as Steelix and specially defensive Golbat can help. VoltTurn support from the likes of Xatu and Rotom can help Scrafty switch in safely to set up.

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
Good for QC

edit: Managed to trim this without taking out too much information. Character limit not reached :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
hi, nu qc here, the mai thing that stands out to me first is the actual set, scrafty should be running shed skin > moxie, with fightium z as oly main item, and iron tail not slashed

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ed-for-a-week-ish.3625159/page-4#post-7743501

here's this post where i posted all the sets, chople is a plausible set but did have much more merrit pre-usm where emboar was in the tier and hitmonlee was much more prevelant. also just as a note, so far from what you've written it feels much more like an analysis rather than a spotlight, talk about what mons it sets up (could use this point as a gateway to make a point about shed skin's usefulness), fightium z enables it to break past stuff like audino, hariyama, toxicroak, whimsicott etc

Pokemon such as Delphox, Braviary, and Haunter make good partners as they can take care of Scrafty's checks, while U-Turn support from the likes of Xatu are also appreciated
this is a bit vague; if you're gona make a point about teammates mention specifically what pokemon check scrafty e.g whimisicott, fighters, defensive mons like plume and garb and so and so

implement these changes then tag me once you've done, if u have any questions just pm me

Conni

katharsis
Yeah, my bad for writing about the wrong set.
I've implemented your suggestions and re-wrote almost everything in accordance to the correct set.
Stan Soojung can you look over this to see if there are any problems left?

ok sorry for delay, here we go.

Scrafty @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

With great great is overselling when ur not even using the bulky set (spd bulk up), dont wan't go give the illusion that scrafty comes in on attacks all day, just emphasise it has passable and decent bulk for an offensive setup mon bulk, a vast moveset, and good offensive typing either take this out or expand on it, like what makes its typing a 'good offensive typing', Scrafty makes its presence known as a efficient sweeper. Dragon Dance allows Scrafty to set up and sweep the opposing team with powerful STAB moves that deal heavy damage to almost everything after a few boosts. Scrafty's ability Shed Skin is beneficial when setting up as it could remove any status conditions such as toxic poison, which would otherwise cripple it. the main reason why we use shed skin is so that we don't become a lacklustre sweeper or cleaner after getting burned, also lets u set up on mons like slowbro and blastoise (scald), and if u keep toxic mention specific toxic users like altraia etc Scrafty should set up on Pokemon it forces to switch out such as Cryogonal and Slowking mention palo over cryo or just add it; much more prevelant than croyogonal which isn't the best rn, also try and mention gigalith as it's being spammed rn and it easily ohkos w z-hjk / forces out to avoid hindrances whilst setting up. 'hindrances'? i don't really understand this part, if you're trying to say it allows scrafty to set up easier to then clean the game easier or force the opponent out then try and re-word The Fightinium Z allows Scrafty to combat physical walls and resistant Pokemon such as Hariyama and Toxicroak. mention audino its a really big reason to use it Fairy- and Poison-types such as Whimsicott, Toxicroak, and Garbodor check Scrafty as they can wall and wear down it rather easily, so Pokemon such as specially defensive Golbat and Steelix can help, especially the latter as it provides entry hazards that help Scrafty sweep. this is nitpicky but saying "provides entry hazards that help Scrafty sweep" is kinda fluff and could probably be done without VoltTurn support from the likes of Xatu and Rotom can help Scrafty switch into safe opportunities to set up.

some things u might wana add
• when u mention it's typing mention how good it is for coming in on knock off's, also taks advantage of choice locked pursuit pokemon like sneasel, houndoom and so on.
• might want to mention specicially defensive bulk up set if u have room at end, but not necessary imo, its just really really good.
Scrafty @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Rest
even though it looks like this is a lot; please don't feel disheartened, its a fickle mon and u done well, after these changes are impleneted 1/1 from me.

Conni

katharsis
ok sorry for delay, here we go.

even though it looks like this is a lot; please don't feel disheartened, its a fickle mon and u done well, after these changes are impleneted 1/1 from me.
Thank you, I've implemented all of your suggestions except for the specially defensive bulk up set, as another spotlight just for that set could be done in the future but also because I don't want to exceed the character limit too much.

This is ready for Grammar Prose!

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
add remove comments
Scrafty @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

With a vast moveset and decent bulk for its role, Scrafty makes its presence known as a efficient sweeper. Dragon Dance allows Scrafty to set up and sweep the opposing team with powerful STAB moves that deal heavy damage to almost everything after a few boosts. Scrafty's good offensive typing allows it to switch into Knock Off easily and take advantage of Choice-locked Pursuit trappers such as Sneasel. Scrafty's ability Shed Skin is beneficial when setting up, (AC) as it could remove any crippling status conditions such as toxic Toxic poison and burn from the likes of Altaria Altaria's Toxic and Slowking's Scald, respectively. Scrafty should set up on Pokemon it forces to switch out such as Palossand and Gigalith to avoid problems whilst setting up. The Fightinium Z allows Scrafty to combat physical walls and resistant Dark-resistant Pokemon such as Hariyama, and Audino Audino and Hariyama. Fairy- and Poison-types such as Whimsicott, Toxicroak, and Garbodor check Scrafty, (AC) as they can wall and wear down it rather easily, so Pokemon such as specially defensive Golbat and Steelix (if steelix isn't also spdef then swap the order) can help. VoltTurn support from the likes of Xatu and Rotom can help Scrafty switch into safe opportunities switch in safely to set up.

1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)