Honko's Happy Funtime With Men
Hello again, RU! This post marks the return of the popular, much-loved scRUb League! Almost two years have passed since the last edition, with the hosts of the tournament taking home the victory after an exciting second season. This third edition of the tournament will see a lot of changes to last season's format, but the heart of the scRUb League will be kept alive, as always. As I looked over the previous threads from two years ago, I was pleased to see that many scRUb League alumni had moved on to greater things here at Smogon, and I have that same hope for this season.
Now, let's get on to this season of the scRUb League. As in the past, my cohost phantom and I will be your administrative team. The format is described here:
- Eight teams will play a maximum of three rounds over a 1.5 week period. The rounds will be single elimination, with the winner moving on to the next round and the loser being done for this season. Each round will be between two and three days. Although, if there is enough interest for third/fifth/seventh place matches, then I am not opposed to this.
- There will be a total of nine (9) games in each matchup. Three players will play SM RU, two players will play ORAS OU, two players will play BW2 RU, and there will be a manager matchup. Also, there will be a mystery metagame as a ninth game to break any potential ties.
- However, keep in mind that tiers are subject to change. Any and all rules regarding the tiers are at the discretion of the hosts.
- Managers will be selected by the hosts, and they will be able to create a team name and will set their lineups each round. However, both of these things are subject to change, once again at the discretion of the hosts.
- There will be no draft or auction for this season. Managers will send the hosts a list of players they would like from the ones that signed up, but ultimately the hosts will make teams that they believe to be fair.
- There will be no subs, so no one will be left on the bench, and everyone will get a chance to play if selected to a team.
- Keep in mind that this is the scRUB League, and as such expect some scrubs to be on each and every team. We stay true to our roots here.
- Expect a lot of curveballs and obnoxious rules in this tournament. If it was not obvious by the rest of this post, the hosts have absolute authority and WILL use and abuse that power.
If you are interested in managing, please notify the hosts, in this thread or otherwise. I would say that preference will be given to former managers, but I can't be sure yet. In any case, feel free to sign up as both a potential player and manager, though obviously managing will take precedence if you are selected to do that.
Without any further ado, welcome back to the scRUb League! In this thread and any scRUb League thread, memes and smack talk are not just welcome, but rather encouraged. I look forward to a great third season, and I hope everyone has fun!