Season V Farm League - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I've contacted ErzavsErza over the forums 2-3 times, and each time, he said he'd be on somewhere between 4:15 - 9:30 MST, and yet he never showed up... we have yet to play our match, and I'm not sure where to go from here.

EDIT: Upon reading this "activity" thing, if he doesn't show up tomorrow, I'd like to claim an activity win.
There haven't been any sort of activity wins given out to anyone for this, and I doubt there will be. The people posting activity does it for one reason or another, but in the long run it doesn't matter. I believe the + signs only come if your opponent haven't been active on the forums for a full week (Sunday to Sunday only) and nothing else.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am extremely annoyed at my Farm League Round 4 opponent. He has refused to show up on time, twice, during the week. He vehemently refuses the timings that I generally allow for other players of his timezone, e.g. my previous Farm League opponent ajwf, and instead expects me to play on a whim "hey we're both on lets play now" as and when he likes.

I am of the strong opinion that this is my opponent's fault, as I have already successfully contacted and played my OST opponent Soulwind within 24 hours of the thread being posted, signaling that there is no problem on my part in the activity/scheduling department, and the fault is clearly all on my current opponent for purposely missing our scheduled timings twice and avoiding me, highly possibly on purpose.

As this is a high stakes match, which my opponent wishes to john, I request from Lady Salamence that special arrangements be made. I understand the policy of "no activity wins for 0-0 randoms", but this is no 0-0 and also no random. The activity call should also be clear as I can successfully contact all other opponents e.g. SoulWind but not this one.

EDIT: refuses to show up even 2.5 hours after scheduled timing. I am still online by the way, but this proves my point that this opponent deserves a loss, not an "activity loss" which is worth nothing, but at least a penalty for making my scheduling difficult; I have to wait 2 hours, which is a very generous window, only for him to make absolute zero effort on his part to get anything done whatsoever. Due to my opponent's lack of regard for the Farm League and his opponent's time, I feel that he would deserve inflicted a loss because, anyway, he does not care. And I do.

Last edited:
I know these posts are annoying and don't mean anything but my opponent hasn't been on since last Sunday. Sooooo.... Activity

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
There haven't been any sort of activity wins given out to anyone for this, and I doubt there will be. The people posting activity does it for one reason or another, but in the long run it doesn't matter. I believe the + signs only come if your opponent haven't been active on the forums for a full week (Sunday to Sunday only) and nothing else.
Ah, thank you :)

Activity post. I've set out multiple times to play, and he refuses to agree on any, or he just does not reply at all for days thus compromising any playing time for either of us. He's been on multiple times, and every time he sent a message, I immediately replied to which he would then ignore my replay for up to 2 days at a time. Ridiculous, I don't know why you would sign up for this tournament if you can't make time for just 1 Pokemon game a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)