Seasonal Ladder [July: Fireworks Frenzy]

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1. Random set generator doesn't account for that on seasonal, fixing this.
2. Fixed this.
3. Not intentional, fixed.
4. This is intentional.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/seasonalsleighshowdown-191784817
Turn 17, Keckleon was dead before it could attack, but it attacked anyways. It did not change anything, since Recover failed(!) but that was strange.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/seasonalsleighshowdown-191786904
Turn 4. I nuzzled a frozen Magmortar, which thawed and was then instantly paralyzed. That does not seem right.
Turns 14 & 29. The Rest-induced sleep did not last 2 turns.
Turn 36. Magic Bounce bounces back Presents. Is that intentional?

From the damage dealt on my +4 Def Sawk, I assume that Present attacks are special. Am I right?

Also, it seems that since you fixed the three-megas-at-once problem, there is no mega gem left at all.

how long exactly is this mountain?
From the second match I posted, where I won from reaching the town, it appears that the mountain is between 3858 and 4075m long. 4000m is a safe guess.

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Statuses being overriden is intentional, mountain is 4000m, I got rid of megas, and most presents are special and status presents can indeed be bounced.

Well, what I bounced was a Starmie thing that gave me a neat OHKO.
Also, under Trick Room, Pokémon are going UP the mountain.

Last edited:
Also, it happened to me quite a few times that a Pokémon has <10% health, receives snow on the head, has HP reaching 0%, still attacks, and dies immediately afterwards.

(this may not be the right place to post this) How does speed boost affect this meta? I had a Scolipede with SB that got boosted to +7 (it literally said Speed x4.5) after it reached +6 and then sped up or something like that. I have a screenshot:

What happened?

Edit: Damnit, the image didn't come out correctly. All you need to know is that there was a Paralysed Scolipede with 4.5x Speed on full health.

(this may not be the right place to post this) How does speed boost affect this meta? I had a Scolipede with SB that got boosted to +7 (it literally said Speed x4.5) after it reached +6 and then sped up or something like that. I have a screenshot:

What happened?

Edit: Damnit, the image didn't come out correctly. All you need to know is that there was a Paralysed Scolipede with 4.5x Speed on full health.
You advance down the mountain a length proportional (in fact equal) to your current speed, which accounts for stat boosts, statuses, abilities, and item modifiers. Also the faster you are, the easier it is for you to run across an obstacle.

I really wish it wasn't random teams because I really want to spam speed boost pokemon on my team and see what would happen. Imagine a 2000 Meter Ninjask.

Joim

Pixels matter
The idea is that you must find an equilibrium between speed and avoidin obstacles. A +6 Ninjask would probably hit an obstacle every turn.

Joim

Pixels matter
It's been updated and the seasonal is slightly better now:
-Improved the set maker to avoid bad sets due to Present.
-Made the mountain 500 meters shorter (now 3500).
-Made the chance to hit an obstacle slightly lower.
-Added weight to the sleigh that is lowered by throwing Presents and makes you faster.

Well you should've saved a replay instead of just posting the battle link since battlerooms expire within 15 minutes. And uh are you sure the opponnent didn't have zoroark or something?

Joim

Pixels matter
[Seasonal] Spacetime Funtimes
The current Seasonal Ladder, January, is Spacetime Funtimes. Dialga and Palkia teamed up to destroy the fabric of reality, shredding space and time into pieces. Thus, you fall into a vortex of mysteriousness that will lead you to one of the six possible scenarios in which you will battle for your life.

In the first scenario you will join either the forces of evil of Mordor or the fellowship and their comrades in an epic battle for Middle Earth. Frodo will be able to use the power of the one ring to use Growl as a recharge move that has very high BP and hits Fire-type Special. Additonally, Pokémon from both sides get boosts and a one-liner upon switching in. Wonder Room will be active for all of the battle.

In the second scenario you will be either Red or Blue, partaking in the classical rivalry battle with somewhat updated movesets and even one mega on each team. Beware of Pika, it's stronger than it seems!

In the third scenario, you will join either Skynet robot forces or the human resistance in a battle that will decide the future of humankind. Choose wisely! Trick room will be active for all of the battle and humans will always have a move designed to kill robots.

In the fourth scenario, you're back to 1997-exactly, you're in Gen 1. But not entirely! Space and time have merged current day with 1997, so while a lot of things will look like the past, not all of them work exactly the same! But don't worry, hyper beam recharges are gone upon faint regardless. Magic Room will be active throughout the battle.

On the fifth scenario you are going to be either part of Rameses II's army to stop the hebrew people from fleeing Egypt or Moses and its chosen people themselves. In this biblical battle you decide the fate of the whole modern world! Either Sunny Day or Sandstorm will be active all the battle.

On the sixth and final scenario, you'll find yourself in a shipwreck in the middle of the ocean. You can read the letters 'Tit' on the sinking ship, but it's going down too fast to get the full name. You'll take part with either the sea Pokémon, wanting to get a nice dinner, or the sailors of the wrecked ship, who will fight to escape the grasp of the ocean. Rain Dance and Water Sport will be active for all of the battle.

Leaderboard for this month
Total battles:
Pos - Name - ELO - GXE - Glicko-1
1 DeathxShinigami 1419 76.2 1721 ± 49
2 tbundy 1415 73.5 1693 ± 45
3 WiikHulten 1397 75.2 1711 ± 57
4 jeova 1359 82.5 1799 ± 77
5 darkiway 1354 80.1 1767 ± 70
6 SS_Append 1330 76.1 1719 ± 38
7 M103 1327 77.1 1733 ± 69
8 The Trigger Dopant 1325 62.4 1597 ± 64
9 orcslayer 1321 77.7 1739 ± 70
10tizioqualunquista131878.3 1747 ± 76

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
if anyone has been able to defeat Mordor I would love to know. you get a whopping Baltoy and Munchlax to defeat Yveltal, Hoopa-U and Reshiram, the former two of which get speed boosts.

The seasonal is pretty fun though

if anyone has been able to defeat Mordor I would love to know. you get a whopping Baltoy and Munchlax to defeat Yveltal, Hoopa-U and Reshiram, the former two of which get speed boosts.

The seasonal is pretty fun though
If you made the Ring's special attack (that weirdly-modified Growl) into an absurdly high-power Dragon- or Fairy-type attack instead of being a Fire-based move, that might help.

Also where the heck is whatsisface (that guy who kills Smaug with the Black Arrow) when you need him? (But srs can we give some random mon Thousand Arrows with a Ground Gem and use that to represent him?)

EV

Banned deucer.
Gen 1 shenanigans
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/seasonalspacetimefuntimes-200141409

• Screech Persian is really annoying
  • Thunder Wave is more annoying
  • Things are oddly bulky, probably because there's no way to invest in attack. Scouting is easier, though
  • I miss items and abilities :(
  • Is Clamp supposed to work like that? I thought it prevented you from attacking while you're trapped?
LotR shenanigans
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/seasonalspacetimefuntimes-200159411

• Sarumon is cul. Couldn't even KO a Frodo with +1 LO Shadow Ball
  • Nazgul are pretty good
  • Sam would have been better if I didn't have a Troll and a Mordor Man (btw what's a Mordor Man Joim ?)
  • Remember that Gandalf is regular Hoopa and don't try to Mach Punch it
  • Beware Legolas. +2/+2 at switch-in is legit

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)