Seasonal Ladder [July: Fireworks Frenzy]

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This meta is fun but I have to say it's rather unbalanced (at least in my opinion). The non-evil side is almost ALWAYS the one winning.
That's because the good™ always wins, the darkness cannot fight the light of friendship.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You have info posted in the submissions thread, I will update this one when everything's wrapped up.

I'm curious about how a Seasonal Ladder is coded. Does anybody know how they work?
How are the specific nicknamed pokemon nicknamed, how are the custom moves made, and how are in-battle effects like those in Rainbow Road coded?

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I'm curious about how a Seasonal Ladder is coded. Does anybody know how they work?
How are the specific nicknamed pokemon nicknamed, how are the custom moves made, and how are in-battle effects like those in Rainbow Road coded?
The code is handled in Pokemon Showdown's Github. Usually, seasonals are handled within the formats file under the name of the Seasonal. Sometimes, like this month, the random team generation is handled in the scripts file. Each Seasonal's effects are coded directly by the programmers, so each Seasonal is different, but a general knowledge of JavaScript gives a bit of insight.

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
Uh the guy who is Heliopolis, his move retreat is meant to hit everything 2x SE but ground types are currently immune

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Quick Question
is Ascriptmaster's Rotom still secretly Electric/Ghost?
I had Freeroamer use Jump Kick and it said Rotom was immune

Fun tier and just great to play and meet up with people online. Granted the Hax in this is doubled, it just makes winning more rewarding.

Can't wait for the other seasonals coming up, each of them has proved real fun!

-TenucSkenuck

That's because the good™ always wins, the darkness cannot fight the light of friendship.
Who needs friends? I live alone and I'm perfectly stable. Also I do think the fact that some of them are just way too OP (especially when they get massive stat boosts when they are thrown out :/)

BUG REPORT. Residual Splinters Damage is still placed if you are immune to Splinters. (Such as Bludz that Conversion2'd into a type that isn't weak to rock). EDIT: The splinters part even goes through Protect.

Last edited:
Bug found ! Forgot to save replay, sorry.

If Kid Wizard uses its Broken Wand on a Pokémon holding a Red Card, it goes like this :
1) Kid Wizard uses Thunderbolt
2) Red Card triggers and Kid Wizard is replaced with another Pokémon, but the attack continues!
3) The new Pokémon tries to use Ice Beam (but it failed!)
4) It tries to Calm Mind (but fails)
5) It successfully lays down Spikes.

EV

Banned deucer.
Bug found ! Forgot to save replay, sorry.

If Kid Wizard uses its Broken Wand on a Pokémon holding a Red Card, it goes like this :
1) Kid Wizard uses Thunderbolt
2) Red Card triggers and Kid Wizard is replaced with another Pokémon, but the attack continues!
3) The new Pokémon tries to use Ice Beam (but it failed!)
4) It tries to Calm Mind (but fails)
5) It successfully lays down Spikes.
Truly a broken wand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)