Seasonal Ladder - March (Spring Forward)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
After the Valentine Venture success, March is having a new Seasonal Ladder which is going to feature the beginning of the Spring season, Easter, and St. Patrick's day (rather month).

I'd like people to point out anything that sounds weird or that could be improved, but this is going to be the ladder:
---

We are going to welcome the upcoming spring with a 3 VS 3 with no Team Preview random battle featuring some Flower, Egg, and Green Pokemon!

• We all know that March and April showers bring May flowers, so Drizzle will be activated upon battle start 75% of the times! Rain always ruining the spring!
  • You'll find Egg, Flower, Bunny, and Green Pokemon.
  • Shiny Pokemon that are green have decided to put on their special clothes to celebrate St. Patrick, so they are found too!
  • That's not all! St. Patricks spirit has been imbued all over this Seasonal, so luck is will be very important - all Pokemon will have either Super Luck or Serene Grace as their ability.
  • To celebrate Easter, Pokemon have been gathering delicious chocolate eggs that have empowered them. All Pokemon will have one of the following moves: Softboiled, Barrage, or Egg Bomb!
  • Yes, yes, we all know these two attacking moves suck. That's why these egg-related moves have been super boosted:
    • Softboiled is now healing 75% of the user's Max HP.
    • Barrage is now a Special Grass-type now that hits from 3 to 5 times, every move having 35bp, has a high crit chance and heals user 1/40 of their Max HP per hit and it never fails!
    • Egg Bomb is now a Special Grass-type move with 100bp, it always crits, heals user 1/8 of their Max Hp, and never fails! But not everything is cool, it lowers Speed by two stages and Special Attack by one stage upon use. Furthermore, Spring Forward is plagued by foes resisting Grass-type moves.
  • All moves have had their crit ratio increased, so they all have a base high crit ratio now!
  • All Pokemon will know Metronome too as their first move!
  • Pokemon that usually use Choice items will find themselves using the Metronome item.
  • All green Pokemon have been partying too much celebrating St. Patricks, so they will be confused upon switch in for a very short duration!
Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss, Happiny, Chansey, Blissey, Exeggcute, Exeggutor

Cherrim, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom, Lileep, Venusaur, Sunflora, Lilligant

Lopunny, Bunneary, Azumarill

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Caterpie, Metapod, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Scyther, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Spinarak, Natu, Xatu, Bellossom, Politoed, Skiploom, Lavitar, Tyranitar, Celebi, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Dustox, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Breloom, Electrike, Roselia, Gulpin, Vibrava, Flygon, Cacnea, Cacturne, Cradily, Gardevoir, Gallade, Keckleon, Tropius, Rayquaza, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Budew, Roserade, Carnivine, Yanmega, Leafeon, Shaymin, Shaymin-S, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Pansage, Simisage, Swadloon, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Petilil, Lilligant, Basculin, Maractus, Trubbish, Garbodor, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Axew, Fraxure, Golett, Golurk, Virizion, Tornadus-I, Tornadus-T, Burmy, Wormadam (Plant Cloak)

Kakuna, Beedrill, Sandshrew, Nidoqueen, Zubat, Golbat, Oddish, Gloom, Mankey, Poliwrath, Machoke, Machamp, Doduo, Dodrio, Grimer, Muk, Kingler, Cubone, Marowak, Hitmonlee, Tangela, Mr.Mime, Tauros, Kabuto, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Marill, Hoppip, Espeon, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Cascoon, Taillow, Swellow, Pelipper, Masquerain, Azurill, Minun, Carvanha, Huntail, Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence, Latios, Tangrowth, Seismitoad, Jellicent (male), Elektross, Druddigon, Bronzor, Bronzong

Murkrow, Honchkrow, Absol, Pidove , Tranquill, Unfezant

Dunsparce, Jirachi, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Meloetta

If you want to get into the spirit of Irish luck, also implement the mechanics used in haxmons. That'll make it for an interesting month :)

This looks really cool :D but I'm scared of all the super luck / serene grace haxes xD

EDIT: Gardevoir, but not Gallade?! :(((
EDIT2: Ralts and Kirlia are also green...dunno if that would be nitpicking :P

This looks really cool :D but I'm scared of all the super luck / serene grace haxes xD

EDIT: Gardevoir, but not Gallade?! :(((
It would be a mighty shame to forget Gallade! D:

How does this Seasonal Ladder work, though? Do you need to design a team yourself, or does it automatically give you a team upon starting a battle?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you want to get into the spirit of Irish luck, also implement the mechanics used in haxmons. That'll make it for an interesting month :)
That might be too much luck necessary :P Plus flinch on haxmon is really deadly...

Sunflora and Liligant aren't flower mon? D:
Added both!

It would be a mighty shame to forget Gallade! D:

How does this Seasonal Ladder work, though? Do you need to design a team yourself, or does it automatically give you a team upon starting a battle?
Added Gallade too!

The team is random as usual :)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whenever sunny day is activated after the rain there will be a rainbow present with active leprechaun bonuses???

That would be hilarious, I loved the Valentines ladder and I've been quite content with 30th on it. I love the risks being taken with messing around with mechanics and with how focused they often are. Can't wait to play!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
A lot of the flower Pokemon not listed are in the "green" list, guys...

Also, I came up with the name. Get at me.

EDIT: For clarification, EVERY Pokemon will have an egg move and a luck ability?

Joim

Pixels matter
Whenever sunny day is activated after the rain there will be a rainbow present with active leprechaun bonuses???

That would be hilarious, I loved the Valentines ladder and I've been quite content with 30th on it. I love the risks being taken with messing around with mechanics and with how focused they often are. Can't wait to play!
Hey, that'd be a cool idea. Let me see what I can do with Sunny Day!

A lot of the flower Pokemon not listed are in the "green" list, guys...

Also, I came up with the name. Get at me.

EDIT: For clarification, EVERY Pokemon will have an egg move and a luck ability?
Yeah, every Pokemon has Metronome, egg move, and a luck ability. The other two moves are chosen by the random battle set maker.

Also most Pokemon were chosen by Hugendugen, go blame him if you don't find one :P

Vullaby (and consequently, Mandibuzz?) for egg based Pokemon!
Otherwise, looks fun. :)
I added Vullaby since it's definitely an egg Pokemon :D

Started playing this today. So much fun. The only thing that has bothered me so far has been Serene Grace Breloom@Toxic Orb. Needless to say it's not exactly the same effect I would be going for with a Poison Heal loom.

Highlights so far have been Metronoming into Shell Smash and Hi Jump Kick with my Oddish, Serene Grace Sludge Bomb Vileplume sweeping from the get go, and seeing "Pelliper drank way too much! Pelliper is confused!"

Great job Joim. :]

Edit: Scratch that. Metronome into Sacred Fire with Serene Grace!!

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This seasonal is so much fun ^_^

Every one of these games have included game-changing hax, extremely useless pokes, extremely good pokes and lolz everytime a drunk pokemon smacks itself in the face :^D

Jirachi is much to overpowered. I could not upload the replay because of the message "Error while uploading replay: hash mismatch", but here is a battle log:

Mari joined.
Yachary joined.
Format:
[Seasonal] Spring Forward
Rated battle
Sleep Clause: Limit one foe put to sleep
March and April showers bring May flowers...
It started to rain!
Battle between Mari and Yachary started!
Go! Jirachi!
Yachary sent out Sandshrew!
Sandshrew drank way too much!
The foe's Sandshrew became confused!
Turn 1

Jirachi used Ice Punch!
It's super effective! The foe's Sandshrew lost 31% of its health!
The foe's Sandshrew was frozen solid!
The foe's Sandshrew thawed out!
The foe's Sandshrew is confused!
The foe's Sandshrew used Metronome!
Waggling a finger let it use Trump Card!
It's not very effective... Jirachi lost 4% of its health!
The foe's Sandshrew lost some of its HP!
Jirachi restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 2

Jirachi used Ice Punch!
It's super effective! The foe's Sandshrew lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Sandshrew is confused!
The foe's Sandshrew lost 15% of its health!
Turn 3

Jirachi used Ice Punch!
It's super effective! The foe's Sandshrew lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Sandshrew fainted!
Yachary sent out Maractus!
Maractus drank way too much!
The foe's Maractus became confused!
Turn 4

Jirachi used Ice Punch!
It's super effective! The foe's Maractus lost 35% of its health!
The foe's Maractus was frozen solid!
The foe's Maractus is frozen solid!
The foe's Maractus restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 5

Jirachi used Ice Punch!
Turn 6

Jirachi used Ice Punch!
Turn 7

Jirachi used Ice Punch!
It's super effective! The foe's Maractus lost 13% of its health!
The foe's Maractus fainted!
Yachary sent out Swellow!
Swellow drank way too much!
The foe's Swellow became confused!
Turn 8

The foe's Swellow is confused!
The foe's Swellow lost 15% of its health!
Jirachi used Ice Punch!
It's super effective! The foe's Swellow lost 42% of its health!
The foe's Swellow was frozen solid!
Turn 9

The foe's Swellow is frozen solid!
Jirachi used Ice Punch!
It's super effective! The foe's Swellow lost 44% of its health!
The foe's Swellow fainted!
Mari won the battle!
Ladder updating...
Mari's rating: 966 → 1085
(+119 for winning)
Yachary's rating: 924 → 885
(-39 for losing)
Mari: gg
Yachary: gg
Yachary left.

and ... lulz:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man in a game where everyone has metronome having sub is so good because you will never have to suffer repeated super effective hits. I also had a Mence with metronome/softboiled/roost/fireblast and in the rain it wasn't my day.

It seems as if any Pokemon with Softboiled is nearly impossible to kill, since it's simple to regain full health. The confusion doesn't make it any easier.

EDIT: For example, if you get a Softboiled Murkrow against a team of grass-types, it's pretty much a guarenteed victory: just use Brave Bird until you need to use Softboiled.
With such widespread Confusion, it seems as if a victory or defeat is based mostly on luck (no pun intended); even more so than normal Random Battles.

Joim

Pixels matter
Luck is a main feature of this seasonal (St. Patrick's, irish luck).
Mari, I've solved that bug, it's gone with the server restart!
Regarding Softboiled, it's so powerful because STAB Egg Bomb and Barrage are very powerful as well, you just need to put pressure on Pokémon with Softboiled :) Anyways that's the reason for it to be 3v3, in my tests we saw that battles got long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)