XY OU Sechs Suiten | Weavile Hyper Offense

Sechs Suiten | Weavile Hyper Offense
Introduction
So I've been wanting to do a fancy RMT for a while, but I always ran into some obstacles. Namely, the teams were shitty and not worth the effort, or unoriginal, or boring, etc... SO, with that in mind, I set out to make some teams that didn't posseses those qualities, and after dicking around for a good while I came up with a few good ones, this being my current favorite. In fact, the initial, unfinalized version was my entry for the current OU teambuilding comp, but then sugarhigh showed up and completely ruined my chances of winning (although I don't feel too bad as that team is fucken sick). If you couldn't tell from the title, the team is composed almost entirely of very strong, but very frail, all-out offensive mons. It can be difficult to use at first, I've found, but once you get the hang of it (aka when to do what with what mon depending on the opposing team), it practically plays itself. It's nowhere near perfect, but it's perfectly usuable even up in the 1900+ rankings (as my friendo WebBowser shows in the replays), plus, it's fun as hell and utilizes two fairly uncommon (and extremely underrated) threats in Starmie and Weavile, so hey, why not? (Also with ORAS coming up this team will likely become nearly obsolete, so there's that...). Anyway, the name of the team comes from the "Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello," which has nothing to do with the team but fuck it, I love 'em. Added my favorite rendition at the top to give you something to do as you read all this shit I typed up (or at least pretend you did, it'll make me feel better about myself, and that's what's really important here give me likes u sluts)

Team Preview

Sexy sexy lineup, yes? (yes)

In-Depth

Stravinsky

@ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin

Let's get this straight, for all y'all fucks hatin on Starmie, be it known that this thing is god's gift to offensive teams in need of a spinner (eat shit Excadrill). Starmie is the fastest hazard remover in the tier bar Excadrill in sand, so once I decided to add her to the squad, so many more team options suddenly became available. I greatly prefer rapid spin to defog, as a) you keep your own hazards up, and b) Bisharp can't freely switch in and proceed to wreck face. Speaking of switching in, nothing can do so safely. That's actually a lie, with this set Latias is pretty safe... Latios too, for that matter, but if you couldn't tell, I'm kind of overprepared for the Latis, so Ice Beam is really unnecessary. HP Fire OHKO's Mega Scizor, 2HKO's Ferro (turning into a OHKO on the switch (thank u based analytic)). Other two moves are self-explainatory, stronk-ass STABs that severely dent anything switching that doesn't resist it (even has a chance to OHKO Mega Venu should they be 'tarded enough to switch in). Defensively, Starmie serves as a check to non-HP Electric Keldeo... and pretty much nothing else, but who gives a fuck we got ourselves a fucken Starmie.

Widor

@ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

As much as I love Starmie, Weavile is top nigga on this squad. Fuck yo Latis. FUCK yo Tyranitar. This thing has some pretty sexy-sexy coverage, so as long as you can get Weavile in safely, something's gonna take a nasty hit. This thing's attack and speed stats are insane, unlike Bisharp, who risks taking a Will-O to the face from Gengar should it choose to stay in, and it outspeeds both Latis, removing the need to predict Pursuit (and risk dying to HP Fighting/EQ) or Sucker Punch (Healing Wish, bitches). Quiz time! What mon outspeeds and outprioritizes Talonflame? Hint: Motherfucking WEAVILE. In fact, this cocksucker outspeeds all priority users (bar those with Extreme Speed), so if you're both worn down, Weavile gon' come out on top. Also, with a dark resist, Weavile beats Bisharp 1v1 (Low Kick is a clean OHKO errytime). TL;DR: Weavile's fucking good, use it!

Mendelssohn

@ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

I'd skip this bit if I were you, tbh. We all know what this shit's here for, but I have a minimum sentence requirement to meet so here we go. Offensive Birdspam check, Dragonite/Chomp check, Scizor check, non-scarf Lando-T check (although those don't really exist anymore, for fucks sake please use something other than scarf Lando on your teams before I have an aneurysm), revenges on shit like Keld and Azu and all that jazz. Standard.txt.

Tchaik
@ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

This set... hnnng... bar Lucario, this is probs my favorite late game sweeper/cleaner mon to use, and this set makes me moist like no other ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Anyway yeah, grade-A primo shit right here, T-flame checks a lot of shit the team struggles with, such as (but not limited to) Mega Venusaur, Chansey... actually fuck lists, this thing wrecks more defensive mons that can't kill it before it sets up (so they can die after it does). Secondary bird check along with Manectric and my primo answer to Mega Venusaur alongside Starmie.

Per alexwolf/TheEnder: Talonflame's EV spread has been altered to outspeed Scarf Magnezone and Raikou, while retaining the same about of power (at the cost of a slight decrease in bulk)
Per me: After fiddling with Talonflame's set some more, I slowly began to realize that, hey, I'm not actually weak to Scarf Magnezone or AssVest Raikou, and so the need to outspeed was null. I also found myself using Flare Blitz literally never, as all the things it is there for have always ended up being KOd before Talonflame even gets sent out. So what I've done is replaced Flare Blitz with Taunt -- this allows me to have an easier time vs stall and lets me beat SDef Heatran 1v1 as it can no longer Toxic. Taunt brings so much utility to the team that I now find it difficult to imagine playing without it, and while open to further suggestions I believe this decision will likely be final.

Brahms
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

I love me some Loom. For real tho, I rely on Breloom to handle so much shit (probably more than I should but w/e). I used to have defensive Lando T, but Ice Beam Tyranitar wrecks that shit. Then I had scarf Lando T (like your typically everyfag), but LO Exca only needs a bit of prior damage to 2HKO after the intimidate drop, so that wouldn't do. Then I tried a mix of the two and discovered that, between Mega Manectric and Lando T, Bisharp bends the team over its knees and finga-pops errybody's assholes like no tomorrow. So. With that said, I went about something that could check both sand and Bisharp, and voila, I got me a Loom. This also fixed my issues with CroCune and Sub DD Mega Gyara, so hey! Focus Sash is the only feasible item here, and is great for nabbing KOs against birds or anything that has been slowed by Tomb (provided the sash is intact, of course). All in all, Loom is an essential part of the squad (and pretty much the only thing holding it together).

Per alexwolf: Adamant nature has been replaced for Jolly. A drop in power has been exchanged for the ability to outspeed Adamant Bisharp and, at the very least, speed tie Jolly variants.

Chopin

@ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Clefable works its way onto about half of my teams, and it's not hard to see why. It's just so fucking versatile, you can slap it almost anywhere and it perfoms well. On this team, Clef, obviously, serves as my SR setter and a "catch-all" mon for the team, as while the point of this team is to switch in to other moves as little as possible, sometimes it's just unavoidable (especially if you happen to be an ass battler like myself), so when the need arises, I got Clef as insurance. Clef also serves as a secondary sweeper, easily mowing down teams that have been softened up a bit and had all counters removed.

Threats
I can't be fucked to collect sprites for a buncha shit, so I'm going to keep this list concise. This team has quite a few smaller threats, but primarily it has two big ones: DD Mega Charizard X and Choice Band Dragonite. For the former, there are two ways of going about handling it. Number one is to get rocks up and keep rocks up. This allows for a much easier time revenge killing it with any one of my three priority users. The second way is to keep rocks off of your side to keep Breloom's sash intact so you may pick it off with a combo of Rock Tomb + Mach Punch. Both seem fairly shaky, and to be honest they kind of are, but when played properly both methods are effective. As for Dragonite... well, fuck. You better be good at predicting. Again, get rocks up and keep rocks up, and keep Mega Manectric healthy until you can get in safely and KO w/ HP Ice.

Closing Comments
This team is full of frail-ass shit and has a hit-fast-and-hit-hard playstyle, so if you are used to playing conservatively, stay the fuck away from this team. If u gon play this squad, ya gotta go all out, so if you be into that shit... welcome aboard, friends.

Stravinsky (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin

Widor (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Mendelssohn (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Brahms (Breloom) (F) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Tchaik (Talonflame) (M) @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Chopin (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Uhhh for the most part I worked on this thing flyin' solo, but wtf is a fancy-ass RMT without shoutouts... so I'll call out a few niggas
First has gotta be WebBowser, who was willing to test out the team at the top o' the ladder, where my nonexistent battling prowess fails to get me. You da real MVP.
I'mma go ahead and call out Hjwang, who I'm p sure wasn't even aware this team existed until now but he a good nigga even tho he tried to counterteam me in OU conquest with a fucking red card Crustle and choice scarf Beedrill
OH MAN I gotta give alexwolf some recognition, this guy is the best. Really chill and approachable dude, always willing to help out (even if your team is shit and should never see the light of day), puts up with all the shit that goes on in the viability rankings (that alone deserves a badge), just an overall good dude.
Oh also Clair, haven't talked in a while but thanks for putting up with my shit when I would present you with ass teams and request your assistance

(reserved for those who will bitch at me and feel they deserve some sort of recognition)

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Solid team, congrats! You should use Jolly > Adamant on Breloom, in order to speed tie with opposing Bisharp at worst, which is very useful, because it means that even at 1 HP, Breloom can be used to revenge kill Bisharp with Mach Punch. Then, i suggest you remove Talonflame's item and replace Brave Bird with Acrobatics. It's much easier to clean up with Acrobatics thanks to the lack of recoil, and sometimes you can even sweep with SR up, as long as you manage to set up safely. In such a fast paced team, Acrobatics is the better option, as the superior cleaning ability is preferred over the extra power, because you already have plenty of revenge killing options (Ice Shard, Mach Punch, Mega Manectric). 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe is also a better spread than your current one, as it allows Talonflame to outspeed Choice Scarf Magnezone, Choice Scarf Magneton, Weavile, and Raikou, all common checks to Talonflame on offensive teams. Also, being able to outspeed most opposing Talonflame is great, as your team lacks any good switch-ins to it, aside from Mega Manectric, which can only switch in once. Will-O-Wisp and U-turn are also nice alternatives over Roost that give to Talonflame some nice early-game utility, when its checks and counters are alive. Really minor and optional though, so i won't really recommend it, just brought it up so you can choose whatever you like best.

Seeing as how your team is stall weak, you could also try two changes. The first is three attacks + Swords Dance Life Orb Breloom, which applies immense offensive pressure and can wear down Mega Venusaur so that Clefable can sweep. The second is to use SD Liechi Berry Natural Gift Talonflame, so that you can lure and beat Quagsire, slightly weakened Slowbro, Rhyperior, and Alomomola, some of the most common answers of stall teams to SD Talonflame, while luring and beating Tyranitar and Rotom-W is also great, opening up the way for Mega Manectric and Starmie.

Here are the changes:
Jolly > Adamant on Breloom
No item > Sharp Beak and Acrobatics > Brave Bird on Talonflame
4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly > 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe Jolly on Talonflame

And here are the sets:
Talonflame @ Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Good luck, hope i helped!

I second Jolly Loom over Adamant Loom. Liechi Berry Natural Gift is very unviable atm. Most teams run heatran as a counter to talonflame, and teams with tyranitar generally have sand rush excadrill which beats talonflame. Quagsire is sort of rare atm. Rhyperior is probably the most notable thing you hit, but even then it's extremely weak.
+2 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Talonflame Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 212 HP / 252 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 345-408 (81.3 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Talonflame must be at +3 for a guaranteed OHKO, and that's on a 4x weakness. I would probably just stay with your current talonflame set, but acrobatics no item might be worth it, but you just lose out on so much power, it's probably not worth it.
Yeah so basically keep all your sets and then jolly loom over adamant loom so you can get off a hit on stuff like adamant bisharp.

yooo thanks for stoppin by! some fine suggestions hath been made, so lemme address each one

alexwolf leichi berry tflame is fun as hell, but in practice I often find myself wishing I had something else. I'm a p mediocre battler so I do whatever I can to ease prediction, so on paper the grass type lure looks very appealing, but once it's gone, it's gone. The EVs, tho, are a different story... and being revenged by scarfmag sounds the worst (hasn't happened yet but ey les be proactive here), so I changed the spread to 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe w/ Jolly. This spread outspeeds Raikou and Scarf Zone, retains an SR number, and suffers no drop in power. Weavile is pretty rare for some reason, but if usage increases (which hopefully it will), I'll change the set to accomodate for it. Scarf Magneton is really rare, and I feel confident in the rest of the team's capabilities to handle it should I encounter one... as for the rest of the set, I just can't handle the loss in power from dropping sharp beak and bb for acro, sry frend :(

As for Loom, I'm keepin the sash, it's saved my ass so many times l-o-l but really tho I can't imagine the team functioning at the same level w/out it. However, I am making the switch to jolly, since more ppl seem to be running jolly bisharp atm for some reason... and I'll need more testin' time but I think I'll scrap spore for SD, as most of the time I find myself just spamming Rock Tomb followed by attacking more than actually bothering with spore... we shall see, hmmm

anyway thank you for the quality rate friendo, were it a lady 9/10 would consensually smash after a nice brunch

should update the op asap eventually

Last edited:

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hi Rosenfeldius, this is a really good team you got :] Thus, I don't have a lot of suggestions, but there some things I would suggest you try out. Seeing as how Mega Gardevoir and Azumarill seem like major problems to the team, I would try to fit a Ferrothorn on your team somewhere. In addition to coming in on those threats, it's capable of stacking Spikes, which is something every HO appreciates when trying to break buliker cores. In my opinion, Breloom seems like the most replacable poke, and therefore I would suggest you try some battles with Ferrothorn > Breloom. While you miss out on the immediate offensive presence Breloom has with Spore and strong priority, Ferrothorn sports a lot of valuable support, making it a good fit even on HO. I also second changing Talonflame's EV spread to outspeed maximum Speed Raikou, and while pretty situational, I think it's worth it. Also, change Weaviles ability to Pressure cuz it's really fucking cool :].

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed / Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect / Power Whip

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Update the OP. Changes include Adamant -> Jolly on Breloom and Talonflame's EV spread from 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe -> 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe. The reason for keeping Spore instead of replacing with Swords Dance is that without the ability to prevent movement with sleep, Unaware Clefable becomes a serious problem.

I stuck with Breloom over Ferrothorn as Ferro kills momentum on this squad and leaves more me vulnerable to sand, Talonflame, Bisharp, DD Mons, Heatran, Greninja... it just can't work here, sorry mang

Thank errybody for the suggestions, they all have some merit to em and I appreciate it

Edit: actually, after playing and realizing that I don't actually have a weakness to Scarf Magnezone or AssVest Raikou (all offensively handled by Breloom, Mega Manectic, Weavile, and Clefable), I decided the new Talonflame EV spread was not necessary... and neither was Flare Blitz, for that matter. I frequently find myself in positions where the best decision is to just spam Brave Bird until shit be ded, and as HP Fire on Starmie is a fantastic lure and Mega Manectric has Flamethrower, I didn't find myself needing to use Flare Blitz hardly at all (I've seriously only used it like twice on the ladder). As alexwolf said, I do occasionally struggle with stall, however, so I have chosen to replace Flare Blitz with Taunt. Sweeeeet mercy me, it's fantastic. I gotta play around w/ it more, but it may free up space on Loom for Swords Dance > Spore after all. Idk yet, I gotta test it out some more, but ultimately I think this is going to prove itself to be an excellent decision (key words 'i think')

DOUBLE EDIT: OKAY YES I AM NOW CONVINCED TAUNT ON TALONFLAME WAS A GOOD DECISION --> http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-173815394

Last edited:
For Clefable, since you have soft-boiled, you really don't need lefties. Consider LO boost

Last edited:
Bullet seed is unreliable. I would use Seed Bomb.
no

edit: so the post won't be deleted/infracted...

bullet seed, being a multi-strike move, has the ability to break subs and sashes whereas seed bomb does not. more importantly, bullet seed is boosted by technician and stab the to point where one strike is a base 50 powered move, meaning the average 3 hits from bullet seed is stronger than one seed bomb, and when factoring stab, the full five hits equates to a non-stab base 250 power hit (if i did the math right (which I may not have))

tl;dr bullet seed is better and is here to stay

Last edited:
Rosen, I faced your team on the ladder and it seems pretty weak to SD Talon, especially Jolly.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-181912973

Jolly means if Mega Mane isn't Mega'd then it just outspeeds and uses FB and rolls the rest of your team.
well

he didn't have to let manectric break breloom's sash

so that was a huge mistake

but fucktarded plays aside, if other jolly talonflames are a concern, just run this spread on your own talonflame instead:

Tchaik (Talonflame) (M) @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 96 HP / 240 Atk / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

you outrun raikou and speed creep most other jolly talonflames, allowing you to revenge it after recoil. also you still outrun most variants with weavile, so revenging with ice shard isn't out of the question either. unless of course that talonflame is running max speed as it appears to be in the replay, which is nonetheless very uncommon. so keep your sash intact, or mega evolve early. or both.

Last edited:
cmon, maisky or even yo yo ma are better

i dont like gamba

greets, a double bassist
yo yo's is a respectable rendition but if you're gonna remotely imply mischa maisky's bach is even in the same ballpark imma have to kindly ask you to gtfo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)