Secret Santa 7 - Signups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Santa is going on 7 years strong albeit a bit delayed this year, but it is back!

Approved by the TDs and know your tournament rules.

Previous winners:
Year 1: MoP with Team Jackal
Year 2: JabbatheGriffin with Team Lawman
Year 3: imperfectluck with Team skarmblisscounter
Year 4: Atticus with Team Loki
Year 5: wilson46 with Team zdrup15
Year 6: Malekith with Team Maaf

Who will join this illustrious list?

Signups will be as follows:

You must PM me (and me only) your team before you are accepted into the tournament (please use export to text). The team must be standard format (OU, BL, RU, UU, NU, etc are allowed but if there is excessive use of anything not OU the team will not be accepted) for full OU, gimmick teams may not be accepted unless the gimmick seems viable and you have proof that the team works. This also goes for unusual movesets, things like Double Slap Blissey, Mud Slap Dugtrio, or Poison Gas Weezing.

This will be a 64 person tournament, and that is a hard limit. You will not be in the tournament until your team has been screened and accepted. The first 40 players who have been approved will be entered into the tournament with the remaining 24 chosen at random according to the tournament forum first come, first serve policy. Several subs will be required, and will also be chosen at random. Teams will then be assigned randomly as will pairings to ensure maximum fairness, I will not be a competitor because of my access to all of the teams, when Round 1 begins you will receive a PM containing your team that you must use for the tournament.

PLEASE submit the team that you most commonly use on Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown as this will be closer to a true team exchange, but remember these teams will be made public to other users, so if you have a top secret team you don't want in the hands of others, don't submit it. As a side note I will not tell the receiver of each team who the creator is until the tournament is over (so no one goes seeking help from the creator) and to add to the fairness each battler must keep each others team a secret as not to reveal anything the team might consist of (so please no “that Qwilfish surprised me” posts).

This is the first year for BW2, so I am and everyone else should be excited for the prospects of this year. Hopefully we see some unique teams and everyone has an incredible time this year.

Secret Santa 7 will be using all standard clauses and the current ban list found here.

Standard Clauses:
Sleep Clause
Species Clause
Evasion Clause
OHKO Clause
Timer Clause
If you watch another tournament battle while you are still in the tournament you will be disqualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)