Secret Santa Pokemon Team Tournament (GSE) Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use the team I submitted, and I probably still will, but just not anytime soon.

Anyways, I PM'ed peter_pan.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was going to list the team creators that lost but then decided against it

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
The only thing I ask is that you don't reveal the team. I happened to submit my awesome team I'm planning on using in sneak3 and don't want other people to know what it is!

makiri

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
ok if 2 more people agree I will, but if people keep posting the teams on the RSE board then I won't reveal any creators

makiri

Ok I've decided to reveal the creators but if they wish to remove their name or don't want it there at all please PM or post here, that way I don't get people like G80 complaining that they don't want their team revealed (hes not really complaining, more of a request)

makiri

Ok quite a few people are complaining about their teams, but I think everyone needs to realize they have different preferences for their team, this was the original idea of the tourny, to see what other people use and how they win with it, you are supposed to not like it, everyone has different styles of play, some with pure offense some, with tanks and a mix of utility, some straight tanks. As nate has said

nate said:
I asked CS to give me a team to try once that she said went 45-0 including multiple tournament battles.

After I could not get it to work I had her try to watch my battles and tell me what I did wrong.

After that still didn't work I had her watch my battles and tell me what to do every single turn. That didn't work either.

he couldn't get it, thats why I give you time to play with the team, you're not supposed to get it at first, if your playing style is different of course you would think a different type of team sucks and doesn't work

Ok quite a few people are complaining about their teams, but I think everyone needs to realize they have different preferences for their team, this was the original idea of the tourny, to see what other people use and how they win with it, you are supposed to not like it, everyone has different styles of play, some with pure offense some, with tanks and a mix of utility, some straight tanks. As nate has said
he couldn't get it, thats why I give you time to play with the team, you're not supposed to get it at first, if your playing style is different of course you would think a different type of team sucks and doesn't work
Actaully, some of these teams are of completely different calibur, but you can't just draw a subjective line on what is an acceptable team. So, nothing really can be done. Its all luck. Hoping that you get a playable team, while avoiding being haxed to death.

I'm also with the idea that team creators that lost be revealed. (I'm expecting to see my name out there...)

And yeah some teams are just ment to be played differently... but please next time don't accept teams like the one jarryparid got..

I have been cursed...
EVs: 2 HP / 252 Atk / 2 Def / 252 Spd / 1 SAtk / 1 SDef
EVs: 252 HP / 1 Atk / 252 Def / 1 Spd / 2 SAtk / 2 SDef
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
God please the first 2 are insanely stupid.

makiri

asdf i should've joined this ._. Let's have a 2nd one after this :X
Second one will be much better, I'm just going to list the losing teams after Round 1, that way its slightly harder to find out who got who, because of people wanting to keep their team secret like G80

Remember this team also shows the skills in team building, now someone like MoP will be much better at team building that say (for example, not picking on you) Karrot. Whoever got MoP's team still complained yet I think its one of the best in the tourney. I also think that several of you didn't post your everyday team, you just made a team real quick and posted it. The second secret santa will be much better because this one was a learning experience, to run the tournament more smoothly and to make sure sub par teams don't make it in would require more than one person to screen teams.

Round 2 will also be much better, most of the bad teams will have been weeded out and will be more competitive

makiri

No, the bad teams are going to lose then it becomes a true test of knowing your new team

This would be really cool with UU. Or even better, something like, 1 Uber, 2 OU and 3 UU. That would be awesome because it would be really original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)