Secret Santa Pokemon Team Tournament (GSE) Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Deadline to complete your battles this round is this Friday 10PM (PST)
ok, that gives you time to mess around with your team then get your battles done, please PM your opponent and try to get these battles done by the deadline, the closer you get the sooner I may have to put in a sub and with only 3, I need everyone to get their battles done so we can see how this tournament goes, BOTH WINNER AND LOSER MUST PM/EMAIL THE LOGS, THIS IS AN ANTI CHEATING DEVICE AND IF YOU ARE CAUGHT CHEATING IT IS A 1 MONTH BAN FROM SMOGON (I have been given word from mods that if someone is cheating they will be punished when reported by me)

I know I can't check everything on your team, but please be honest and use the correct things (Poke/moves/etc) on your team for if you are caught remember the consequences

Ok I eliminated some rules since the team making has been made, several questions have been answered in the sign up thread, but if you have one ASK, I don't want people saying they didn't know something, if you don't know feel free to ask me (on this thread)

Rules:
PP Ups optional (if there is a disagreement, they must be ON)
Rated optional (if there is a disagreement, it must be unrated)
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
No Self Ko on last pokemon
You MUST only use the team assigned to you
Logs MUST be PMed or e-mailed to the tournament e-mail address (this is necessary to ensure everyone used the correct team assigned to them)
If you watch another tournament battle while you are still in the tournament you will be disqualified (please do your part to prevent this by disallowing specs or putting GSE, Santa, or something along those lines in your name)
If you are caught cheating you will be banned from Smogon for 1 month

ok Round 1 Pairings:

SomeRandomGuy vs TheMusicMan
Pilocus vs Delta
Alper vs el_B
Council vs Dan Dan
Doomsday vs Atlas
Mekkah vs SSBM roy
PikaPete vs Jackal
DragonDance vs Philbert
Cye Kinomiya vs Justin8649
Groudon80 vs Mizuno
Lexay vs Karrot
Cerberus vs (TO) Juggernaut
jerryparid vs Aeroblacktyl
Rekt vs peter_pan
Moxom vs thecrazylazyguy
Ghost_Chill vs Toy

Subs:
Havak
Hansy
gdpt

good luck to all, teams are being distributed via PM right now

hey I really like my team, it's pretty original heh!

I'll talk with atlas as soon as I see him in #smogon

NEVER MIND my team sucks

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Alright, I'll pm Mizuno then. Sigh this team is so... disjointed.

edit: can we BATTLE other people with secret santa teams?

My teams useable, but not the best ._.

I'll battle philbert in a bit.

EDIT: End Battle! DragonDance wins!
Score: 3 to 0

sending log. gg man.

Lost to DD. He said he'll send the log. I wont bother sending it since there's no point in him faking a log that he won anyway :/ Would have prefered a team that had at least one defensive pokemon TBH....

makiri

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
G80 yes you may, and I realize that some people may have been shafted, all teams are useable (maybe not Doomsday, but I'll go into that later), I think though that this has shined more light on the Secret Santa process, next time whoever runs it should use a commitee of at least one other person to look at each team, now being one person I looked at a basic team and made sure there wasn't any crap like Unown, etc. I was slightly rushed while looking over the teams so I couldn't get a real in depth look at the teams, the commitee approach should fix that as additional feedback and time from other people would be a great approach

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK I definitely got someone goods team. I was actually hoping to get a more original team than this as it is bog standard but w/e.

I want to know who got my team as I want to see them fail at using it ^___^

Mm, My team seems very original. Can we rearange the order?

EDIT: Okay, whoever made this team has no idea what a flygon is.

Mm, My team seems very original. Can we rearange the order?
Yes

Also I know it's common sense, but I'm just requesting that people either put spectators disallowed or something about secret santa in their names so I don't accidentally watch the battle!!!

I have been cursed...
EVs: 2 HP / 252 Atk / 2 Def / 252 Spd / 1 SAtk / 1 SDef
EVs: 252 HP / 1 Atk / 252 Def / 1 Spd / 2 SAtk / 2 SDef
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
With those EV, imagine what sets I could have gotten......

GL MoP, with any decent team, I won't stand a chance.

Edit: God, I hate this trash team, can't even kill a Cursepert....No phaze

Edit:
Yes, 20 freaken turns, with no Phaze....gg
Begin Turn #20
... used Earthquake!
(45 damage)
Milotic fainted!

End Battle! MoP wins!
Score: 0 to 5

makiri

Yes

Also I know it's common sense, but I'm just requesting that people either put spectators disallowed or something about secret santa in their names so I don't accidentally watch the battle!!!
Added to rules, though I can't force anyone to do that, and yes to Pilocus

Next tourny I think its going to be original movesets or teams or gimmicks or something along those lines to stop things that are bog standard as Jackal has mentioned

See, by saying 'with his own team' anyone of us can easily battle Pilocus and see what his team is and therefore you are screwed for the rest of the tournament since we'd know first hand what to expect despite the Pokemons already being set, since there'd be no suprise factor.

Actually, no, I've been using a new team. And why would I reveal Delta's team? Also, whoever made my team didnt have much of an idea of what they were doing. No ground resist? Also, once we've lost, can we put their teams up for a rate?

See, by saying 'with his own team' anyone of us can easily battle Pilocus and see what his team is and therefore you are screwed for the rest of the tournament since we'd know first hand what to expect despite the Pokemons already being set, since there'd be no suprise factor.
i doubt anyone here uses the same team they submitted, anyway

makiri

Actually, no, I've been using a new team. And why would I reveal Delta's team? Also, whoever made my team didnt have much of an idea of what they were doing. No ground resist? Also, once we've lost, can we put their teams up for a rate?
right now I'm not sure but for the moment please don't, I will answer you with what I think later, I see you have already so for the moment I will allow it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)