Secret Santa Round Final [Won by MoP w/ team Jackal]

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
The deadline to complete your battle is October 24 10pm (-7 GMT) (this is not a real set time, as long as it hasn't been a month before you guys battle), if you guys can plan a time so I and any other interested people can watch that would be great. I'm glad there were no real big hiccups during the tournament and my time hosting a tournament went pretty well and I have all the participants to thank. When the number of tournaments dies down I will propose another Secret Santa tournament, and it will be much better as I will either enlist help from some others for screening teams or we make the tournament more gimmick based (though still useable).

MoP IS WINNAR!!

Jackal IS WINNAR!! (teambuilder)

teams and assignments will be posted tomorrow, mods don't close this til I post the link for the files, thanks

Just to add some fun I decided to make up some awards:

Most unique team: atlas; I wish I got more teams like this and at first I questioned it, but user Doomsday managed to get quite far with it, atlas I would like permission to show the team but its up to you

Biggest complainer: Life; Justin8649 submitted a good team, it didn't use normal EVs and had some different sets, Life complained quite a bit over it here, Justin wins the fight

Complainer that got far: Justin8649; his name when using his team was [suckysanta], and complained about the team quite often on irc yet kept winning (but wanted to lose to prove the worthlessness of the team)

Person constantly wondering if his team made the next round: toy; constant PMs on NB with the first line "DID MY TEAM WIN?"

I could make up more awards but that's enough imo

gl MoP and G80

The file with all the teams and assignments is right here, a few people wanted their teams removed and I did that, if you are a holder of one of these teams please do not tell anyone what the team is, thanks

http://rapidshare.de/files/37394633/...Tournament.zip

Well tomorrow I'm avaliable at 3-5 PM EST. And then again at 10-12 EST. =]

P.S. Your team is stupid you're lucky IPL lost or Raikou would have swept me. =/

I don't know who to root for. Groudon80 beat me but his team is lame. I don't know MoP's team and his ego doesn't need to grow, but he does deserve to win this kind of stuff!

Requesting all teams getting posted.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Most unique team: atlas; I wish I got more teams like this and at first I questioned it, but user Doomsday managed to get quite far with it, atlas I would like permission to show the team but its up to you
:3 i dont mind you showing it, most people have already seen/heard/bitched about it anyways.

makiri

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok thanks atlas, I'll probably upload most if not all teams to a hosting site for viewing pleasure, but if you do not want your team to be seen please tell me somehow PM or post here

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i forfeited the match at like turn 3. unfair matchup, his team was a perfect counter to mine, i couldn't do a thing about it. oh well gg i'm surprised this even made it to the finals =\

also i don't care if you post my team, i was lucked out of sneak and i finished my last world cup match, so it doesn't matter if it is revealed.

Hehe good game. His team was a generic stall team, so therefore once Skarmory got out the way, it was no offense, and to add injury to insult, I also had Vaporeon which perfectly counters any other offense he has, CMCune, and yeah.

gg man =[

Jackal your team sucks, it only won cause I'm THAT good. =D

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yea!!!!!!

hey MoP I know thats mop-ese for "wow jackal your team is awesome I wish i could make a team that good"

heh, I am the best.

Biggest complainer: Life; Justin8649 submitted a good team, it didn't use normal EVs and had some different sets, Life complained quite a bit over it here, Justin wins the fight

Biased opinion, go read the freaken thread. At first people were being sarcastic, if you can't tell what their opinions are, then you fail.

Next, it was revealed that Justin8649 made the team, now, this team has become perfect. Flood of ass kissing with no real comment came in, every move has a purpose, its just that there are better alternatives.
(And according to the comment made by many, 1-2 stats doesn't matter much, so it is perfectly logical and acceptable to waste some EV on pokemons.)

Then, Justin8649 did lowly deed, by locking the thread.

makiri

Of course its biased, I made the awards up, and if you read the "award" (Biggest Complainer) thats what you did, complain. The team was just fine and 6 EVs to increase a stat one point does not matter, now don't shit up my thread and turn this into a flame war before I post the link to the teams and assignments.

and Juggernaut, your team lost to G80, Council had it

Ok, sorry, i also thought it was quite worthless. But well, after Justin's explanation, i think it's quite good, well at least according to justin's explanation. I've yet to see it in practical..

And thanks for showing all the teams. It would really help anyone who needs experience. Seeing 30 teams will make someone a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)