SS OU Serenity. Team made by high ladder friend! (Spectrier Webs Team)

Ok so its been some time since i've posted anything here and that's because ive been busy trying to get better at team building,anyway i asked one of my friends who is very familiar with OU and extremely good at team building so anyway i asked him if we could make a team together. Since HO isn't really my thing ( i prefer semi stall) we made put our brains together and and made a webs team my version was decent but we settled with his version and it was good extremely good,lets hop in to the the team building process shall we?

KWr-jDUvT09gfF4p8xTVIhzgZGd1fk4aqxlsbeXAWyF8f2mKIUYTCCatVfrWYBG-jKFmozdGY_GalBb0G53zuqRFvua6Wj...jpg

:shuckle: :togekiss: :spectrier: :rillaboom: :magearna: :garchomp:
Team Building Process
:shuckle:

So if you know me or seen one of my RMTS you know i love shuckle and in my opinion one of the best mons for hazards due to its bulk and its slow speed allowing you to take advantage of them by using encore.

:shuckle: :togekiss:
So as i've stated multiple times I've wanted to build a team around togekiss for a long time so i took that chance to add togekiss to a webs team because why not and the fact it gets T-wave just made thing so much better.
:shuckle: :togekiss: :tapu-koko:
Now i wanted a mon that could take advantage of terrain and a swift hard hitter so i chose Tapu-koko and i also decided to ass choice specs to it so i can go berserk on electric terrain
:shuckle: :togekiss: :tapu-koko: :jirachi:
Just to make my opponent even more mad at the fact that webs can be useful i added my 2nd serene grace mon,jirachi. Honestly i thought it would be fun clicking iron head and get getting flinches 80% of the time not only did i add jirachi just to add jirachi i even gave jirachi scarf!
:shuckle: :togekiss: :tapu-koko: :jirachi: :rillaboom:
So i started asking my myself "are there any other mons that hit hard and can take advantage of terrain?" AND POOF rillabom popped into my head not only does it learn grassy glide with in priority in terrain but from what i've seen most web teams are nothing without this mon due to the fact LO SD is a deadly combination.

:shuckle: :togekiss: :tapu-koko: :jirachi: :rillaboom: :buzzwole:
So anyway i wanted a defensive backbone that was also a hard hitter and a nice shifu check.

THE TEAM:
:ss/shuckle:

Shuckle @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Encore
I know a lot of people dont think red shuckle is a good idea but honestly its gotten to the point where i dont care because its been very useful for me and has helped me win a lot of games.

:ss/spectrier:
Spectrier @ Leftovers
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 144 HP / 180 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Hex
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
This indeed is a substitute set and im not a big fan of substitute sets but being able to easily will o wisp and half the damage take is just amazing to me.

:ss/magearna:
Magearna @ Life Orb
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Aura Sphere
Ive had A LOT of fun with this set and i suggest you try it as well the life orb extra damage makes life so much easier i dont know any better way to explain it.

:ss/togekiss:
Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
OOOO t wave togekiss,thats one way to stop shifu spammers isnt it?

:ss/rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- Knock Off

:ss/garchomp:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Now i would be annoying and replace scale shot with dragon tail and then replace life orb with scarf and just click buttons but since i have above room temperature IQ i wont do that

Threats:
:cinderace: Due to fact cinderace gets stab with everymove and life orb cinderace makes life harder due to HEAVY damage it'll be very rough even tho you can get webs and slow down cinderace its not that simple (ill explain down below,HDB ace could also exist.)

Rain Teams - :Barraskewda: :pelipper: :thundurus-therian:
In testing i saw that this team really struggled with rain teams and rillaboom was the main mon for for checking/countering rain but in testing i ran into A LOT of sap sipper azumarills which basically just put me into a corner and have no choice but to forfeit or well...... just forfeit,everytime azumarill comes out i switch into spectrier and then will o wisp because no way in hell can they OHKO spectrier while burned and after that i usually click hex or sub. Now to talk about the ough part about getting up webs,so basically urishifu rapidstrike is getting popular due to the fact it benefits from rain and banded urishfu rapidstrike is basically a a goodbye to shuckle yes you could always switch into rillaboom to force switch them out but like .-.

Replays im proud of:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1258988504
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1258983548
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1258986110
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1258966892 (OST Team,RMT on this soon)

Anyway thanks to my great friend Duelz for the amazing and fun team!
1610220540608.png
As always if you have any suggestions dont be shy!

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/641745609f603a30

Last edited:
Hey! I like the team and wanted to try it out for myself, but I happened to notice your Shuckle doesn't have Mental Herb and runs all non-attacking moves, making it free setup for most mons in front of it, at times you might even lose a mon because of that choice. Either way, it would be best that if you are using red card, you also use Knock Off instead of Toxic. Sure, Toxic gets its uses, but unless you are running Infestation and know you can for a fact you pick up a KO with it, it just isn't worth it, especially since there are so many solid switches for Shuckle in the OU that make it a niche strategy. I would also not run LO on three of your best offensive mons, imo it's such a waste to sack so much HP dealing damage during the course of a game and not have anything like Defog or Rapid Spin. On that Magearna set, run 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe for Timid Nature, it helps with taking hits much more than max SpA does. Plus, having Stored Power and Aura Sphere/Draining Kiss, really, they don't rely on your SpA stat that much when you are boosting often on a set like this (to add again, LO just drains its HP and you're investing everything in SpA and Spe even though you have to setup, it just isn't good, use Leftovers). Also, your team is very weak to Ice and Sand/Hail chip, and your only answers get worn down easily because you LO on all of them right now so you get stalled out more than you'd like, and will lose those matchups.

Another thing you could try, running Scarf Magearna to mess with setups and stalls that get in front of the team, and go CB U-Turn Rilla with Superpower for momentum, which this team looks like it could use (it frees up Garchomp to play the role of LO sweeper as well, kinda nice and it gets this team's gears turning). Shuckle is currently really weak to Special Attackers, and really without Toxic won't be stalling out much It can play a much safer role as a consistent switch-in for Scarf Threats mid-game if you use a Careful set for my suggested Shuckle change. If not, at least run 8 SpD stats on it with 248 HP.

P.S. Forgot to mention that Shuckle with Knock Off should be Impish.

Have Fun!

Update:

Team is VERY weak to Ferrothorn, might want to find a switch-out for Garchomp as well if you don't run screens like a HO team.

Last edited:
Hey! I like the team and wanted to try it out for myself, but I happened to notice your Shuckle doesn't have Mental Herb and runs all non-attacking moves, making it free setup for most mons in front of it, at times you might even lose a mon because of that choice. Either way, it would be best that if you are using red card, you also use Knock Off instead of Toxic. Sure, Toxic gets its uses, but unless you are running Infestation and know you can for a fact you pick up a KO with it, it just isn't worth it, especially since there are so many solid switches for Shuckle in the OU that make it a niche strategy. I would also not run LO on three of your best offensive mons, imo it's such a waste to sack so much HP dealing damage during the course of a game and not have anything like Defog or Rapid Spin. On that Magearna set, run 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe for Timid Nature, it helps with taking hits much more than max SpA does. Plus, having Stored Power and Aura Sphere/Draining Kiss, really, they don't rely on your SpA stat that much when you are boosting often on a set like this (to add again, LO just drains its HP and you're investing everything in SpA and Spe even though you have to setup, it just isn't good, use Leftovers). Also, your team is very weak to Ice and Sand/Hail chip, and your only answers get worn down easily because you LO on all of them right now so you get stalled out more than you'd like, and will lose those matchups.

Another thing you could try, running Scarf Magearna to mess with setups and stalls that get in front of the team, and go CB U-Turn Rilla with Superpower for momentum, which this team looks like it could use (it frees up Garchomp to play the role of LO sweeper as well, kinda nice and it gets this team's gears turning). Shuckle is currently really weak to Special Attackers, and really without Toxic won't be stalling out much It can play a much safer role as a consistent switch-in for Scarf Threats mid-game if you use a Careful set for my suggested Shuckle change. If not, at least run 8 SpD stats on it with 248 HP.

P.S. Forgot to mention that Shuckle with Knock Off should be Impish.

Have Fun!

Update:

Team is VERY weak to Ferrothorn, might want to find a switch-out for Garchomp as well if you don't run screens like a HO team.
Heyo! I'm glad you like the team and i do agree the team is very weak to ferrothorn,while in testing ferrothorn just tore down my team but i found a way around this by switching into garchomp but its also risky because i really didn't want chomp to lose its life orb sinces its not as viable with it BUT i recently started switching into mag because LO is a throw away item for magearna,also i completely forgot leftovers exist so thank you for suggesting that on mag. I also wanted to make a statement about shuckle with red card i do agree that mons with taunt like tapu koko or grimsnarl can literally make shuckle useless but i rarely run into those anymore but im always down to try mental herb because it'll just be impossible for me to set up webs ALSO i have never heard of knock off shuckle but i'm actually really down to try that.

Thanks for the advice! :psysly:

Heyo! I'm glad you like the team and i do agree the team is very weak to ferrothorn,while in testing ferrothorn just tore down my team but i found a way around this by switching into garchomp but its also risky because i really didn't want chomp to lose its life orb sinces its not as viable with it BUT i recently started switching into mag because LO is a throw away item for magearna,also i completely forgot leftovers exist so thank you for suggesting that on mag. I also wanted to make a statement about shuckle with red card i do agree that mons with taunt like tapu koko or grimsnarl can literally make shuckle useless but i rarely run into those anymore but im always down to try mental herb because it'll just be impossible for me to set up webs ALSO i have never heard of knock off shuckle but i'm actually really down to try that.

Thanks for the advice! :psysly:
It isn't really just Koko and Grim that are taunt threats, stuff like Fini, Heatran, certain Hawlucha sets, Krookadile, Skarmory, Genger, and Lele. Although some of these of uncommon, they make for threats against your team that disable Shuckle entirely, and being as your team is completely based around being able to slow things down and get setup. Shuckle either needs the opportunity to disable them some with Knock Off and get out safely for another day, or be able to get that webs off immediately and then come back out, even punishing them, but that takes Mental Herb, meaning that your function is limited. Although the situation may be rare for taunt, when you run into it you need to be prepared with a functioning team that take care of the threat. However, being as none of these mons really begin to wear down another team well due to a complete lack of momentum as it is, I don't see that happening often.

Once again, have fun!

:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)