VGC [Series 10] Xerneas

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Level: 50
EVs: 84 HP / 4 Def / 164 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Geomancy
- Protect

The majestic stag makes an appearance in VGC! With the ban of Dynamax in VGC Series 10, Xerneas is able to take advantage of the slower game pace to find opportunities to set up with Geomancy and serve as an excellent wincon, utilizing its Fairy Aura-boosted attacks to demolish common foes such as Calyrex-S and Kyogre. A boosted Xerneas is very difficult for Unrestricted Pokemon to handle, meaning that games will often come to an end if Xerneas manages to KO the opposing Restricted Pokemon. It is pivotal that Xerneas is given opportunities to successfully set up with Geomancy. Fake Out support from Incineroar and Rillaboom, as well as redirection moves from Amoonguss and Volcarona, disrupts opposing momentum and helps Xerneas set up. Landorus and Urshifu-R are great offensive partners that can synergize offensively with Xerneas by handling Fire- and Steel-types like Entei and Stakataka. 84 HP EVs are necessary to survive Water Spout from Choice Scarf Modest Kyogre.

Wanna see Xerneas in action? Check out this replay from Week 4 of Smogon VGC Premier League!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series10-1382895424

Last edited:
DC sorry was later than expected. this is all correct, though its pretty similar to what i wrote for my analysis

the angle I'd like to see this spotlight take is that Xerneas is back in the spotlight with series 10 banning dynamax, allowing Xerneas to take advantage of the slower gameplay it needs to find spots to set up. Dynamax being allowed in series 8 made Xerneas practically unusable, as the format was too aggressive and its targets could simply double their HP to stomach the attacks

see if you can work that in this and let me know when done

look at me im greentexting
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Level: 50
EVs: 84 HP / 4 Def / 164 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Geomancy
- Protect

The majestic stag makes an appearance in VGC! With the ban of Dynamax in VGC Series 10, Xerneas is able to take advantage of the slower game pace to find opportunities to set up with Geomancy. After setting up, it is able to serve as an excellent wincon, utilizing its Fairy Aura-boosted attacks to demolish common foes such as Calyrex-S and Kyogre. the flow of these two sentences is weird but the info is correct ig, maybe merge them? sentence here about how the game often ends if Xerneas KOes the opposing restricted because the power level between it and 84 HP EVs are necessary to survive Water Spout from Choice Scarf Modest Kyogre. this is pretty disconnected from everything else and should probably be mentioned last It is pivotal that Xerneas is given opportunities to successfully set up with Geomancy. Fake Out support from Incineroar and Rillaboom, as well as redirection moves from Amoonguss and Volcarona, disrupts opposing momentum and helps Xerneas set up. Landorus and Urshifu-R are other great teammates emphasize that these are offensive partners, up til now it kinda sounds like xerneas teams only care about the deer that can synergize offensively with Xerneas by handling Fire- and Steel-types like Entei and Stakataka.

Wanna see Xerneas in action? Check out this replay from Week 4 of Smogon VGC Premier League!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series10-1382895424
1/1 when implemented, lmk if u need any help tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)