VGC Series 6 Braviary + Terrakion/Toxicroak Tailwind Team! (UPDATE: Climbed to 1500!!)

Been meaning to do a new team for a while with Braviary, and juuuuust as I felt like I was getting close to a breakthrough-
Series 6 banned lotsa mons
so RIP

BUT HEY i got some stuffs together and I hope it all works out. Been pretty good so far with this team!

Braviary @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Tailwind
- Protect

Braviary is a mon I've been meanin to use for awhile, with a strong Brave Bird and Close Combat to smack things for big damage with decent enough coverage. Tailwind support helps boosht up the speed of the team to new heights, supporting other mons that are kinda middling in terms of speed. Only issue is that in terms of speed Braviary's speed is pretty middling itself, so getting a successful tailwind off can be a bit of a pickle. That said, it threatens mad damage and counters Intimidate pretty hard, which is always nice. A good dynamax target too, tanks Max Lightning from unboosted Porygon Z when Maxed out.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Earthquake

Thinking about it realistically, T-rekt-a-dactyl here was always going to be a solid choice in need of tailwind support. Great speed, attack, and coverage, it can cover for Braviary's tailwind set up by erasing a threat to it from existence. These two were what started off the core, however, a clear few weaknesses were rearing their heads, and I decided to press the "screwit" button when it came down to how to deal with it:

Toxicroak @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Why Toxicroak to cover for fairies? Why ANOTHER fighting type? Welp... honestly I can't quite tell you. I CAN tell you I was really worried about Primarina, which smacks around Braviary if it lives a hit, and demolishes Terrak without much trouble. So my solution was: get this froog an assault vest and use dry skin to soap up any attack meant to result in a watery grave. Gunk Shot OHKOs Primarina where Poison Jab would not, Fake Out cuz... OF COURSE, Sucker to account for Psychics thinking they slick, and Drain Punch to get some health back. Overall, its done some decent work for the team, but I'm not entirely sold on how well it functions outside countering some very specific mons.

Lapras-Gmax @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Water Absorb
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

I really wanted a big boi Weakness Policy user, and Lapras took the spot for me. G-max Resonance gives the team further longevity by halving the damage that comes in to hurt, and with good coverage it plugs up for most of the weaknesses of the other teammates. Appreciates a good speed boost from Tailwind too.

Arcanine @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Helping Hand
- Will-O-Wisp

I was kinda hesitant putting this boofer here, cuz I don't usually like using whats meta. I like stretching my creativity to find my own answers to the problems I have. Thats why originally in this slot was Alolan Persian, and I had Parting Shot and Snarl and Helping Hand and... it didn't work out. I realised pretty quick i needed something much sturdier, and something that could maybe deal with Amoonguss dumb ass more efficiently when Braviary isn't around, so Arcanine fit right in. It's done MAD work as a defensive support, and I understand now why people use this boofer so much. Very cool very cool mon.

Duraludon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Stalwart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Duraludon is the one filler spot I had left, I just wanted to help clear fairies more consistently while being a special attacker. However, its currently the member seeing the least action, so its probable that I'll switch em out for some other mon that can better deal with fairies. RIght now, it's just not really contributing too much by being there.

And thats the team! I'd really appreciate any feedback I'd receive here, and if you have any suggestions please leave them below! I can't wait to see what other players think about this team so far.

Thanks for reading! Heres the Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/bf92e6774d883ab1

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)