move 3: Knock Off/Dragon Tail
move 4: Aqua Tail/Aerial Ace/Substitute
ability: Overgrow
item: Lum Berry
evs: 252 Atk/4 Spd/252+ Spe
nature: Jolly
Moves
========
-Swords Dance helps to boost serperior's attack and help it with sweeping teams, and surprising people that are expecting specially attacking serp.
-Leaf blade is serperior's strongest and most reliable physical stab, and the crit chance is nice.
-Knock off is there for annoying mons that rely on items, barring slurpuff. It's also spammable early in the match for removing any scarfs from it's fire type foes.
-Aqua tail is for self coverage on all non scarfed fire types.

Set Details
========
252 Atk/4 Spd/252+ Spe is just a natural ev spread, nothing special.

Usage Tips
========
-Use is generally more offensive, generally wanting to come in, force a switch, setup sd, and sweep/take out a significant portion of opposing team.
-Can also be used to revenge kill, slower targets susceptible to it's decent variety of coverage, such as Archeops to Aqua Tail.
========
Team Options
========
Flareon and Gigalith were my personal go-tos, but any bulker water type such as mantine or politoed will work well with serperior, aswell as all flash fire pokemon, as they switch in on the fire type attack, therefore gaining a boost to their own stabs. Stunfisk is a nice partner as they would both end up benefitting from each other.

Other Options
########
-You can substitute Knock off for dragon tail for setup sweepers such as gatr, and anything that relies on stat boosts, even the occasional bulk up floatzel or flareon, and the rare leafeon.
-Serperior could also benefit from replacing knock off with aerial ace to cover leafeon and leavanny, who could do massive damage in return.
-Another Strategy is to run SubSD in with leftovers in order to be able to ensure ko's on fire types granted the sub is intact.

Checks & Counters
########

-Scarfed Fire Types. i:e; Typh, Pyroar, Heatmor(questionable), Flareon(questionable)
-Weezing--Laughs at Stab and all coverage moves
-Leafeon & Leavanny; they can take two knock offs and ohko/weaken Serperior enough to be easily revenged.
-Torkoal, barring a +4/+6 Serperior, torkoal can 2hko Serperior or leave it susceptible to revenging.
-Granbull is a Counter/Check Hybrid to this set, depending on Serperiors attack boost level after intimidate and Serperiors current Health.

###############
New Set
###############
Much Calm Such Mind
################

Set name: CM LO SUB
Move 1: Calm Mind
Move 2: Giga Drain
Move 3: Hp Fire/Hp Ice/Hp Rock
Move 4: Substitute
Item: Life Orb
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk/4 Hp/252 Spe
Nature: Timid

Moves
#################
-Calm mind is a nice boosting move, allowing you to gain offensive prowess and bulk, which goes well with Serperiors base 95 Sp.Def.
-Giga Drain is main stab, allowing Serperior to regain Hit Points whilst doling out great amounts of damage.
-Hp Fire is another possible, allowing Serperior to deal with with the likes of Vileplume, Ferroseed, and many other potential counters. Meanwhile, Hp Ice is a very viable option, covering itself against it's airborne foes, and Hp Ground is effective against its fire, poison, and steel type counterparts.
-Substitute is for atleast a cleaner +1.

Set Details
############
-Maxing out Sp.Atk and Speed allows it to outspeed everything it can, and hit the hardest.
-4 investment into Hp is just for more LO attacks.

Usage Tips
############
-Serperior likes being brought in on foes choiced into in-effective moves, and doesn't appreciate hazards or statuses, despite having giga drain, hazards should be kept off the field, as you may need to switch a lot.

Team Options
========
Flareon and Gigalith were my personal go-tos, but any bulker water type such as mantine or politoed will work well with serperior, aswell as all flash fire pokemon, as they switch in on the fire type attack, therefore gaining a boost to their own stabs. Stunfisk is a nice partner as they would both end up benefitting from each other.
Other Options
########
Leaf Blade and a spread of 248 Sp.Atk/8 Atk/252 Spe and a hasty nature is usable for ensure less residual damage from Mantines.
Checks & Counters
########
-Scarfed Fire Types. i:e; Typh, Pyroar, Heatmor(questionable), Flareon(questionable)
-Garbodor and Muk are good Checks to this set, both being specially bulky, and taking little from the various hidden powers, and smacking back hard.
-Specially Defensive Miltank is a check to this set if it is carrying Sap Sipper.

###########
New Set
###########
Paralyzed Cards IMO
Set Name: Parashuffler
Move 1: Glare
Move 2: Dragon Tail
Move 3: Taunt/Substitute
Move 4: Substitute/Taunt
Evs: 252 Hp/4 Sp.Def/252 Spe
Nature: Timid/Jolly
Item: Leftovers

Set Details
##########
-252 HP/4 Sp.Def is for being as bulky as possible
-252 Spe with a timid/jolly nature is for getting off extremely fast taunts and statuses

Moves
#########
-Taunt+Glare+Dragon Tail is a great Cripple-Status-Repeat combo
-Giga Drain is for Damage and recovery
-Substitute is for protecting against statuses and more longevity

Usage Tips
########
-Fairly useful set for Anti-Lead/Stallbreak with it Cripple-Status-Repeat combo
-Good on Counterstall teams

Team options
##########
-An offensive Fire/Ice Resist is a good partner, as they benefit well from each other
-Mantine makes a great defensive partner as it can remove hazards and stop unessecary residual

Other options
############
I can't find any other options
Checks & Counters
#############
-Any faster taunts i:e; Electrode
-

#################
New Set
#################
So many Screens
Set Name: Dual Screens
Move 1: Reflect
Move 2: Light Screen
Move 3: Taunt
Move 4: Giga Drain
Evs: 252 HP/4 Sp.Def/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Item: Light Clay

Set Details
##########
-252 HP/4 Sp.Def is for bulk
-252 Spe with a timid nature is for getting the screens up and the taunts off ASAP

Moves
##########
-Reflect and light screen are useful for allowing team mates to come in and setup
-Taunt is for setup mons/stall, and is great for anti-lead
-Giga Drain is Serperiors most reliable special stab and it also grants slow recovery

Usage Tips
###########
-Should generally be used as a lead/anti-lead with dual screens and taunt
-Can be used to setup screens, then hardswitch out into a setup sweeper/stat rat

Team Options
##########
-Once again, Mantine makes a great partner for Serperior as it can remove hazards from the field, therefore allowing Serperior to setup screens more often, better benfitting your team. In general, just a hazard remover.
-Bulky fire types support Serperior well, specially defensive Flareon is the best in my opinion, as it can pass a wish off to Serperior, aswell as absorbing Fire-type moves with Flash Fire, and boosting its own main stabs, Flareon can also eat up bug type attacks.

Other Options
############
-You may substitute giga Drain for leech seed

C&C
#########
-Faster Taunts
-Knock off ruins screen time
-Sneasel--Can get off a knock off/taunt, then finish the job with ice punch.

I felt like a new thread would be nessecary for re-doing the title, as I was unsure if it would pose a problem, bear in mind, all the prior changes are on this thread, so this thread is identical to the other one, just with a proper title

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It is possible to change/edit the old thread you had. In the future please do not make a new thread for an analysis if you already have one on the same pokemon, as it means that we can not see any previous comments from QC members.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lolbro are you still working on this? You have yet to properly format this, please do this ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)