Serious Sesame Street Controversy

The statement makes no sense considering Miss Piggy and Kermit dated so they clearly do have sexualities. But what I thought was worse was Frank Oz tweeting that it doesn’t matter what their sexuality is. Representation definitely does matter for kids who may not see a lot of people in their daily lives who are like them. Will & Grace was really important for me as a closeted teen, it showed me there was a life out there for people like me that could be happy and normal. Just frustrating that he didn’t even seem to understand why people would care about possibly seeing a healthy gay relationship on a children’s show.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Wasnt really surprising tbh. Was more interesting to see people with my same reaction or accepting. Doubt this would’ve flew 20 years ago without serious backlash.

I actually know a couple whose personalities are very similar to Bert and Ernie and the Bert is the top in that situation, so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)