ORAS OU Sexy Russians and drunk Germans [peak 1806]

valetta

Banned deucer.

Hey guys, I'm here today to bring you my most successful ORAS OU balance team, as it brought me (even though ladder is shit) to around 1800. It's a pretty standard team but w/e it does what it's supposed to do. If you play it well it actually deals with all other play styles and handles most of the current threats in the meta. It's basically hazard stack with a few mons that really pressure the opponent to switch as that's basically what hazard stack is.

Teambuilding process:
so i wanted a decent balanced fwg core and originally it was supposed to be sdef tran and crobro but as i toyed with the sets i realised offensive bro does better on this type of team
i needed a hazard remover that doesnt defog because i was utilizing spikes and i needed a greninja switchin so i thought of the lord jelly himself
i needed a pivot and a mon to check dd zard x as it basically beat me at this point (as i'm not crobro) and what's a better mon for that than scarf lando-t
ok, so here, i looked at the team and i saw a glaring weakness - bisharp, so i experimented with many bisharp checks/counters and came to the conclusion that low kick bish actually checks and/or counters opposing bisharps well and it also pressures the opponent not to defog my hazards away

So The team in detail:

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

So, this is the mon the team is built around and there isn't really much to say about the set as it's pretty self explainable. I run scald for the burn chance, fire blast as it catches ferro and even bisharp (i use it over flamethrower solely because of the fact that flamethrower isnt a guaranteed ohko on ferro and fire blast KOes megagross after rocks and a spike), psyshock to hit mega venu and amoonguss and slack off is obviously there for longevity

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 88 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Protect/Power Whip

Ferrothorn is usually a pretty straight forward pokemon, i use it as my lati switchin (tran has no recovery and isnt sdef so i rather switch this in and scout for hp fire by doubling), spike setter, azu switchin and many more. Moves are pretty self explainable, as leech seed provides recovery, gyro ball is the main stab, spikes are really important on this team as i force many switches etc. Last move is changeable as protect is nice for added recovery but since im not running shell bell or helm you can switch it for power whip to hit stuff like rotom, azu and mega swamp harder

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Heatran is probably my favourite mon to use in ORAS and well, even though i usually use spdef, i'm actually using the offensive set with just enough speed to outspeed adamant bisharp which is otherwise, as i stated earlier, a pretty big threat. Stealth rock is self explanatory, i'm using fire blast>lava plume as this is the offensive set and it appreciates the extra damage quite a bit. Earth power for other tran obv and in the last slot i use flash cannon to hit stuff like mega altaria, clefable, sylveon etcetc.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 34 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off/Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I'm using this mon, as it provides me speed control, the ability to revenge dd zard x which is a big threat otherwise, generally pivot around and much more... The set is pretty standard but i have superpower slashed as i would be kinda weak to dd mega ttar otherwise.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb Acid Spray/Knock off

So, before you start shitting me with comments like "Empoleon is better you fucktard" hear me out. I'm using this>pingu as it doesnt lose to low kick ninja, doesn't get rid of my own hazards and provides tspikes support to the team. First 3 moves are staple on every tentacruel but i actually thought a lot about the last slot, considered stuff like haze, magic coat, icy wind, reflect type.... As Celtic suggested, acid spray is definitely the superior option over sludge bomb even though you can still slash knock off as it definitely still provides usage (fuck chansey lol)

Bisharp @ Life Orb

Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

This is basically my glue, its the mon that semi handles stall with knock, pressures opponents not to defog and much more. Most importantly, it beats sd bisharp which is honestly the biggest threat to the team. Low kick also does a hefty chunk to random stuff like tran, ferro and even empoleon. I'm using lo>blackglasses because i'm not running pursuit and the additional damage on low kick and in general is really appreciated

Threatlist:

Holy shit this mon is annoying, especially the sd variants. You basically only handle it with bisharp and healthy mega slowbro.

Fuck this mon. Just fuck it. It's rly annoying to the team and if you see one on the opponents side get up tspikes IMMEDIATELLY otherwise rip

this mon, even though i have a dedicated counter is still an incredible threat if tentacruel gets worn down. Basically, if you see one, preserve tenta as much as you can and try to get up tspikes to wear it down even quicklier.

Kinda hate to include this bcs i have a poison and 2 steel types but it can actually set up on stuff like lando locked into knock and eq versions get past tran. Basically you just need to preserve ferro and possibly scout its set to find out if it has eq.

Rain. Yes, rain. This team kinda struggles vs rain, but honestly, with ferro+bro, nothing on rain can really do much to this team and even if you somehow lose ferro and/or bro vs rain you can still beat it by doubling so its not that big of a deal

Importable:
Code:
Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 88 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Protect

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Acid Spray

EVs: 34 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

So yeah, if you have any suggestions feel free to rate.

Last edited:
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Acid Spray

Acid Spray allows Tenta to break down things with higher Special Defense. It also gives Tenta a chance to beat Mega Sableye if it tries to spinblock it. 0 EV Scald 2HKOs physically defensive Mega Sableye at -4, and it's fairly easy to get Sableye to that level due to Tenta's higher Special Defense allowing it to take a few Shadow Balls. Once Sableye's defense is lowered a few levels, something like Heatran could come in and finish it off easily.

EVs: 32 Def / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off/Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I would put the EVs in Defense instead of HP. Small nitpick, but those EVs get multiplied by Intimidate, giving it more physical bulk.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Jolly bisharp doesn't really need max speed. It only needs enough EVs to outspeed Adamant Bisharp and perhaps max speed jolly T-Tar, unless you want to speed tie with Jolly Breloom which is kind of situational.

Umm, I would add a better user for this team

Not much to suggest fren:], very solid team. The only thing I see in terms of changes is:
Heatran: Magmastorm> Fireblast Earth Power Or FlashCannon< Taunt
That would help trap mew, chansey, and other fat mons that could be problematic to your team. If u didnt know its me av. Have a good day and Happy Holidays​

valetta

Banned deucer.
Heatran: Magmastorm> Fireblast Earth Power Or FlashCannon< Taunt
That would help trap mew, chansey, and other fat mons that could be problematic to your team.​
chansey isnt really a problem but mew that ev for max jolly sharp kinda are so i appreciate the rate fren gonna try taunt>epower as tran arent gonna be switching in on baloon tran anyways and i got low kick sharp tenta and bro to handle opposing tran if it rly comes down to it

Hey Feeling The Moment, nice team. There are a few things I would recommend changing though:

You said in the RMT that you didn't really know what to put in Tentacruel's 4th moveslot, and you were on the fence between Sludge Bomb and Knock off. I wouldn't recommend either. Like Celticpride said above me, Acid Spray is a good move to have on Tentacruel as it lets Tentacruel beat Mega Sableye, allowing Tentacruel to spin (you can also get up Toxic Spikes on Mega Sableye). This can be very usefulso that you can get rid of hazards without having to worry about being spinblocked. Also, I do not know how useful Toxic Spikes really are. Sure they can wear down certain mons, but there are so many Flying / Levitating / Steel types in the game that Toxic Spikes don't help a ton. If you are going to drop Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel, then you should replace it with Knock Off so it can beat Chansey.

==>

In your threatlist you said that Bisharp is a problem for your team. I see what you mean by that as I got swept by Bisharp when I tried the team out on the ladder. After it sets up an SD on something it is almost impossible to beat without Bisharp healthy. I suggest changing Ferrothorn to Chesnaught because it can take on Bisharp no problem. It can also do the same role as Ferrothorn being a bulky grass type that can Leech Seed, Protect, and get up Spikes. Although, I would recommend changing Slowbro to be more defensive now that Ferrothorn is gone so it can handle Azumarill.
Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed

You can run a more defensive variant if you want to.

Now that you have removed Ferrothorn, which you said you used to beat Lati@s and Azumarill, you are weak to both. Bisharp can be used to beat both Latias and Latios if you add Pursuit to it. I would put Pursuit over Low Kick because you are not weak to opposing Bisharp anymore. Also, since you are not running Low Kick anymore, you can go ahead and put Black Glasses on Bisharp. This will allow you to switch into a Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Defog and Pursuit trap. This also prevents your opponent from getting rid of hazards now that their defogger is dead.

valetta

Banned deucer.
Thanks for the rate Wheezer, I appreciate it. But honestly, with chesnaught, i basically lose to eq lati and it forces me into unecessary 50/50 with bisharp which is kinda ass. I see your point with ches but ferro is kinda essential and opposing sd bisharp are dealt with if you just preserve your own and bro has a good chance of taking +2 lo knock at full

Thanks for the rate Wheezer, I appreciate it. But honestly, with chesnaught, i basically lose to eq lati and it forces me into unecessary 50/50 with bisharp which is kinda ass. I see your point with ches but ferro is kinda essential and opposing sd bisharp are dealt with if you just preserve your own and bro has a good chance of taking +2 lo knock at full
quick question, how have you been dealing with HP Fire Latios?

If Latios has HP fire then it doesn't have EQ most of the times, HP fire Latios isn't a problem for the team as long as heatran is healthy

Pent

dumb broad
I'm on mobile. I'll my best.

AV Conkeldurr OHKOs 5/6 of your team if played right. Your only resistance is Tentacruel, and he still does a good chunk to it with Knock Off.

valetta

Banned deucer.
I'm on mobile. I'll my best.

AV Conkeldurr OHKOs 5/6 of your team if played right. Your only resistance is Tentacruel, and he still does a good chunk to it with Knock Off.
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Knock Off vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Mega Slowbro: 100-118 (25.5 - 30.1%) -- 2.9% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Slowbro Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 300-354 (85.4 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

the game that Toxic Spikes don't help a ton. If you are going to drop Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel, then you should replace it with Knock Off so it can beat Chansey.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
Whats the purpose of running Wood Hammer over Spiky Shield? Rotom-W outspeeds and wisps Chesnaught anyway.

Good team, but if you get bored with that set, try this:
Slowbro@Slowbronite
252 HP 252 Sp Atk 4 def Modest
Calm Mind
Slack Off
Scald/Fire Blast/ Blizzard

A CM Mega Slowbro, and can turn it into a terrifying Bulky sweeper. CM boosts Sp Def, allowing Slowbro to eat up attacks from either side of the spectrum, and since this guy cant take crits, its an ideal set and can kill tems on its own, once opposing water types are gone.

And Find a mon that can deal with Rotom-H. It destroys your team. Anyone who can dispute me on that can practically just become the president of the US.
Rotom-H@Choice Scarf
252 spe 252 sp atk 4 hp Modest
Levitate
Overheat
T-bolt
Trick
HP Ice

Chesnaught dies to Overheat,so does Bisharp, and HP Ice
Slowbro gets two-three Koed by T-bolt, same for Cruel. and Heatran
Lando by HP Ice

Last edited:
Slowbro@Slowbronite
Calm Mind
Slack Off

A CM Mega Slowbro, and can turn it into a terrifying Bulky sweeper. CM boosts Sp Def, allowing Slowbro to eat up attacks from either side of the spectrum, and since this guy cant take crits, its an ideal set and can kill tems on its own, once opposing water types are gone.

And Find a mon that can deal with Rotom-H. It destroys your team. Anyone who can dispute me on that can practically just become the president of the US.
Rotom-H@Choice Scarf
Levitate
Overheat
T-bolt
Trick
HP Ice

Lando by HP Ice
Well, Scarf Rotom-H will force alot of 50/50 against this team but she has enough pivots to work around it. It will be easy after rocks are up.

valetta

Banned deucer.
Slowbro@Slowbronite
Calm Mind
Slack Off

Rotom-H@Choice Scarf
Levitate
Overheat
T-bolt
Trick
HP Ice

Lando by HP Ice
yeah rotom-h is rly not an issue as its easily dealt with by doubling and scouting, and as for the slowbro set i specifically stated offensive bro does better on this team

As I said there is no a perfect team, you will always struggle against a specific pokemon which will force 50/50s. I never said that Rotom-H wasn't a threat to the team and never disagreed with you.
Let's not start a pointless argument

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)