Done Shadow Tag Description

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hello!

I'd like to recommend that we add an additional piece of text in the description on the Shadow Tag ability. It currently reads, "Prevents adjacent foes from choosing to switch unless they also have this Ability." This neglects to inform Pokémon players that Ghost types––or, in other words, Pokémon of the same type as that of the Shadow Tag ability holder––are able to switch out, irrespective of whether they possess Shadow Tag as an ability or not.

My recommended, updated ability description: "Prevents adjacent foes from choosing to switch unless they also have this Ability or the same type as the Shadow Tag holder."

pre

pkmn.cc
This neglects to inform Pokémon players that Ghost types––or, in other words, Pokémon of the same type as that of the Shadow Tag ability holder––are able to switch out, irrespective of whether they possess Shadow Tag as an ability or not.

My recommended, updated ability description: "Prevents adjacent foes from choosing to switch unless they also have this Ability or the same type as the Shadow Tag holder."
This is inaccurate, its not Pokemon with the same type as the Shadow Tag holder but specifically Ghost types who can switch out. Psychic types don't get to switch out from Gothitelle.

Also, you're talking about the short description - the long description outlines that Pokemon immune to trapping (Ghosts in later gens) are immune to the effects of Shadow Tag:

Code:
desc: "Prevents adjacent opposing Pokemon from choosing to switch out unless they are immune to trapping or also have this Ability.",
shortDesc: "Prevents adjacent foes from choosing to switch unless they also have this Ability."
The shortDesc is restricted in length, and so can only include the most salient details. Marty may want to tweak these descriptions to be more explicit, but IMO he's already done a pretty good job given the limitations.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I wrote it as "immune to trapping" because it covers both Shed Shell holders and Ghost types, and therefore didn't require overriding the description for Gen 5, and is also future-proofed for any new trapping immunities (like hopefully Run Away (Game Freak please)). I'm still in the middle of a slow and getting slower process of updating all Ability descriptions for all gens, so I might as well add this to my list. The short description you see in the teambuilder will not be changing though, for the reason pre mentioned above; there's no more space.

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hey, thanks for the quick responses, you guys! I actually didn't know that it's Ghost types specifically that cannot be trapped, so I appreciate the info! That makes sense about the short descriptions being necessary. I just would recommend some way if possible about getting the info across. I think it's only the more dedicated Pokémon players who are aware of the immunity of Ghost types here. And as we're seeing Shadow Tag holders like Mega Gengar and Gothitelle somewhat often, I think it's a good idea to make sure people are aware.

Mathy

i'm not chien pao
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
New (full) description reads:
Prevents opposing Pokemon from choosing to switch out, unless they are holding a Shed Shell, are a Ghost type, or also have this Ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)