Metagame Shared Power

:tsareena: Queenly Majesty and Quick Draw are BANNED :slowbro-galar:

Hello, Council Member Mengy here to announce:
  • Queenly Majesty is banned for enabling super-sweepers
  • Quick Draw is banned for being luck-based and uncompetitive
  • Toxapex is unbanned, since Regenerator was banned
For more reasoning (and some new teams), read on!
I am seeing a lot of frustration in this thread with the Quick Draw teams and Destiny Bond spam teams that have been rising in popularity, and while these strategies can be extremely irritating, the reason they have become so popular recently is because they are the only teams with a consistent matchup versus big scary setup sweepers. Versus a lot of teams, a 1 HP Cloyster is impossible to deal any damage to, thanks to priority-preventing abilities, and Quick Draw hax or Destiny Bond trades are the only ways to revenge.

With Queenly Majesty out of the equation, there are many more options for dealing with boosting sweepers, like priority moves or Prankster Twave or any number of other things. Quick Draw has always been a bunch of coin flips, so we're tossing it out as well, and Pex was meant to be unbanned after the Regen ban. Merciless is a pretty cool ability!

Will Queenly Majesty simply be replaced by Psychic Surge? Maybe, but at least there are workarounds to that, like opposing terrains and just waiting for the field effect to expire (see below). We'll wait for the meta to develop a bit more before more bans.
With no Queenly Majesty, some powerful new priority-based strategies are now possible! Check out this Grassy Surge team, which combines some of the strongest priority with the ability to break through Psychic Surge:
:kartana: :dhelmise: :heatran: :rillaboom: :crawdaunt: :zygarde:
https://pokepast.es/c341397233b5c8b1

This team is built around a core of Kartana, Dhelmise, and Heatran, which support each other very nicely. Steelworker gives the Steel types insane breaking power, Flash Fire removes the Grasses' biggest weakness, and Beast Boost lets all of the sweepers snowball after getting a kill.

Rillaboom puts the team into Grassy Spam waters. Grassy Surge gives Rillaboom and Dhelmise strong priority while also acting as a perma-shuca for Heatran. With both of Kartana's STABs getting boosts from Steelworker and Grassy Surge, Crawdaunt was a natural choice for Adaptability.

In the last slot, Zygarde takes advantage of the extra Grassy Terrain recovery to set up while also being one of the few physical Ground types to not be inconvenienced by the Earthquake nerf. Even though Zygarde contributes no ability to the team, it benefits a ton from the power increases from Adaptability and Beast Boost, and Flash Fire giving a Will-O-Wisp immunity is super helpful for a team full of physical sweepers.

Versus offense, the gorilla and the origami punch holes, while versus stall, Heatran and Zygarde can be challenging to face. Dhelmise's Poltergeist and Zygarde's Thousand Arrows hit Fluffy teams for non-contact damage. Due to no multi-hit moves, the team can struggle versus Sturdy and Multiscale teams, but it has the tools to win in any matchup. Give it a shot!

There are still a lot of bans and unbans we're considering, and we'd like your input! Here's a survey that will take less than a minute:

Shared Power Survey

Happy laddering!
"Use Long Reach"
Like it's super easy to fit Decidueye in every team.

Ok, quoting Detox: I've had it, officially!
Fluffy + Ice Scales + Flash Fire is diabolic.
Skill Link + Technician spam is satanic.
Sturdy shenanigans are over the top.

Combinations that need to be banned:
Fluffy + Flash Fire
Fluffy + Ice Scales
Skill Link + Technician

Abilities that could be banned:
Sturdy, Adaptability

Ability that MUST be banned:
Quick Draw

Pokemons that could be unbanned:
Urshifus (Wicked Blow / Surging Strikes still banned)

That's it.
@Council

I agree with everything he said and I also want to add the combination of prankster and destiny bond.
It's really un-fun to play against that and I'd like to see that gone. :)

Also could you consider to unban flare boost? Imo i'ts way weaker than guts, because it doesn't negate the attack drop and only works on ignite.
It also forces the user to hold a flame orb, instead of a better item and I feel like there are too many ways to boost physical attacks and too little for special attacks with Ice Scales usable. Also drifblim isn't that good either.

Much Love ~Phil

Last edited:
Now TRIAGE TEAMS are just freaking INSANE, with non-counterplay will be unhealthy to the metageme, and need a BAN.
I could see it...triage was banned in AAA (almost any ability) iirc. It definitely beats offense but loses pretty hard to stall imo, I don't find it broken enough to need banned rn. Not to mention psychic terrain still shuts it down. Destiny bond should prolly be the next to go.

Last edited:

LatiasDigs

formerly digitalson
Just figured id mention, mirror armor seems to have been unbanned but still doesnt work properly in sp, i got hit by a focus blast spdef drop and it didnt reflect to the user

Just figured id mention, mirror armor seems to have been unbanned but still doesnt work properly in sp, i got hit by a focus blast spdef drop and it didnt reflect to the user
Mirror Armor and Trace don’t work due to technical issues.

Can we ban Quick Draw?
It's an uncompetitive ability, a luck based ability that gives the need to outspeed redundent.
There are still abilties like Triage, Weak Armor, Beast Boost, and Quick Feet if you want speed boosting abilties.
It’s been banned.

Putting my support in for reviewing Triage next. I've been running offence, and it is basically an auto-loss. Sure stall walls it on occasion but that is just another RPS situation like what quick draw and queenly majesty created.

Comfey + Buzzwole + Heliolisk + ... is a crazy combo.

Liquid Ooze is a fun ability for countering Triage teams, and Tentacruel is a fine spinner / t-spiker

You can try to fit him into your team if you have difficulties with Triage spam, but it is not suitable for all archetypes.

There is also Psychic Surge blocking priorities, and abusing resistances. The notable recovery moves are Fairy (Kiss), Fighting (punch), Bug (leech) and Grass (seed, drain, horn). Well, you can count Heliolisk, but ground types are enough.

SPDef Palossand resists everything when combined with Sap Sipper, and can be a good rocker that introduces an interesting ability in Water Compaction.

Last edited:

LatiasDigs

formerly digitalson
Mirror Armor and Trace don’t work due to technical issues.
trace i can understand being bugged but mirror armor not so much, will this be fixed anytime soon or should i expect it to not be fixed for awhile

furthermore they were banned initially for those technical issues, why were they unbanned if they are still bugged

OM Shared Power [GEN 8]

Scrappy transferred to another Pokémon grants ability to hit ghost types but does not pass Intimidate immunity.
Intimidate Immunity appears to work on the original Pokémon.
Intimidate immunity also is granted to all your Pokemon only against the enemy Pokemon that originally has the intimidate, as well, it seems, but the other members of the enemy team can intimidate freely.

Hello guys, since not many people post some sample teams here, I tried my own variant of a Triage-Team. Its been pretty successful and that´s why I wanted to share it with the Shared Power-Community!

Comfey @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draining Kiss
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Bread and butter of my team. I bring it out early to get my Triage activated and then just try to sweep with other members although I have to admit that this Comfey won some games for me since its surprisingly strong with the abilities of my other team members. First three moves are self-explaining, but I don´t know what to bring in the fourth slot. Substitute isn´t that good, its just a filler, so if you have any good ideas, let me know.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Life
- Bulk Up
- Ice Punch

The man. The boss. The bug. This beast is just poppin´ off when it gets some boosts and basically destroys the opponent without much counterplay. Bulk Up for one early boost mainly to get that first Beast Boost activated. Ice Punch for the birbs out there. Don´t need to say more about this mon, he´s just killing stuff.

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat
- Drain Punch

Since Shared Power is 80% physical, this cute little bear is very good in my opinion. Fluffy reduces the incoming damage from contact by half and that´s alot. I chose a banded set with 4 attacks to get as much damage as possible. After one or two Beast Boosts, this monster also basically oneshots everything.

Frosmoth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz

I thought I´m quite weak to special moves, so I added Frosmoth. Not exactly a Triage abuser like the three mons I already presented to you, but can still carry a game if it gets the setup. Plus Ice Scales is pretty broken ability which negates alot of special damage coming in.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat

Yeah, this is in this team because I was kinda like: "Idk what to add more, so let´s just grab this". Adaptability is nice to have, but not necessary for my team imo. After one or two boosts, I should have enough damage. Anyways, standard Crawdaunt-I kill everything in sight-set. Nothing special here.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Scald

Okay, so this is actually the only real interesting member in my team. Triage abuse has one big counter mainly: Tapu Lele. Or in other words: Psychic Terrain. It blocks priority which is basically the whole point of a Triage team. But by bringing out Tapu Fini, I can counter-spam my terrain, Misty Surge. Not only removes it Psychic Terrain, but it also protects my team from status. You dont want any of your carries to be Toxic-d or paralyzed, do you? As nice as this mon is (and I actually never see it in my games, it´s kinda underrated imo), I actually have no idea about the moveset. Calm Mind + Draining Kiss is okay I guess, but I dont know about Taunt or Scald. So I´m open for any criticism on that.

Weaknesses of the team:
- early setup can be hard while you switch around to activate your boosts
- Sturdy (please ban it xoxo)

I don´t found more major weaknesses, so if you find one while trying my team, feel free to post them!

Anyways, this was my quick little team review about the team I´m currently using! This is my first RMT kinda thing, so I´m not the best at it.
But feel free to post your thoughts about it!

edit: forgot pokepaste duh - https://pokepast.es/acb28177fee425ee

edit 2: changed Crawdaunt with Centiskorch, its better for several reasons, mainly another triage abuser plus flash fire

Last edited:
Meta is really enjoiable right now.
I've been able to grab wins even using a team with 0 boosting abilities:

https://pokepast.es/8fbcf39984065dee

I used this as an anti-meta core.

Triage is just amazing. It is really good against TechLink. Even Comfey can put in some work if it subs and starts setting up.

Sturdy is reallu useful in some ocasions. Specifically against HustleGuardAdapt HO.

Liquid Ooze punishes oposing triage teams, and Tentacruel is overall a great companion for the grasses, absorbing poison, ice and fire attacks. It even likes grassy surge removing EQ damage.

Bulu with priority Horn Leech is hell. Edge"Quake" is great and SD makes it a legit threat.

Decidueye can function as a revange killer in Grassy Terrain, and long reach says: "well, i don't give a damn" for Fluffy, that is the overall only reliable physical deffensive ability.

Zeraora is just fast, takes care of flyers for the grasses and absorb some steels for Comfey. It also removes Tentacruel and Skarmory electric weakness, and can use triage to revange faster threats that are not a Ghost type (witch Decidueye can handle).

It is surprising how a team with 0 boosting abilities can be viable.

I also have to congratulate the council, it is very hard to balance this meta but you guys are really great!

Oh, and if you have something to add to this team, please do. I am very bad at team building hahahahah.

Last edited:
this team did well in testing i want to know what you guys think of it
updated ooof
in case your wondering why i am ruining rock smash on darmanitan its cuz otherwise life orb damage

Last edited:
You guys should explore poor man Tentacruel

Give it a try

He's so cute

I mean, it's not a good idea to go out banning everything that have advantage against a physical HO team.

Like Fluffy, I really changed my mind about it.

Triage has exploitables flaws: You know what pokemons will be in (Comfey, Buzzwole, Bulu) and what moves expect. It is possible to build around this.

It's not a lose/lose condition like Sturdy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)