Metagame Shared Power

You guys should explore poor man Tentacruel

Give it a try

He's so cute

I mean, it's not a good idea to go out banning everything that have advantage against a physical HO team.

Like Fluffy, I really changed my mind about it.

Triage has exploitables flaws: You know what pokemons will be in (Comfey, Buzzwole, Bulu) and what moves expect. It is possible to build around this.

It's not a lose/lose condition like Sturdy.
Triage is more versatile as you can see in my team. My triage team counters Psychic Terrain aswell as Tentacruel to an extent because Bewear is just oneshotting pretty much everything with a banded Double Edge

Triage is more versatile as you can see in my team. My triage team counters Psychic Terrain aswell as Tentacruel to an extent because Bewear is just oneshotting pretty much everything with a banded Double Edge
I think the MVP of your team is Fini
Bewear is stopped with ghost types, fluffy, skarmory
Fini is just naturally bulky and will abuse triage more, as also defeating oposing Lele that are usually scarf or specs.

I think the MVP of your team is Fini
Bewear is stopped with ghost types, fluffy, skarmory
Fini is just naturally bulky and will abuse triage more, as also defeating oposing Lele that are usually scarf or specs.
definitely, tapu fini is nearly unkillable when it gets setup since it can calm mind + beast boost boost its defense + misty terrain protects from status

New metagame suck
Play a useless lele or die against stupid prio spam.. That's the only game play.. And an eternal battle against an other terrain setter...
With your stupid ban of queenly majesty we just see full prio destroyer or have to play a stupid pokemon... Remove random prio with quick draw to destroy the only prio breaker is stupid
This meta became worst ban after ban...

hdb is extremely busted and has to be looked at.
Sturdy teams with hdb get a pretty unfair advantage as the only counterplay is multhit moves, but that can be thrown out the window if they also have prankster bond.
Multiscale teams also benefit a huge amount from hdb.

New metagame suck
Play a useless lele or die against stupid prio spam.. That's the only game play.. And an eternal battle against an other terrain setter...
With your stupid ban of queenly majesty we just see full prio destroyer or have to play a stupid pokemon... Remove random prio with quick draw to destroy the only prio breaker is stupid
This meta became worst ban after ban...
if you want to aviod terrain wars just dont run them and Prio can be negated with sturdy with hazerd removal and as a plus with a defeint user were to switch in on a enemy defog it would get +2 attack and be terrifying also if you dont like the meta then just dont play the game.

You know, the real problem is that most people build teams like:

"Oh I'm gonna stack this, and that, and those two, and everything will drop in a single button, haha i'm so overpower"

An then, faces a team archetype that counters it and then is like:

"OMG this thing is broken, ban it pls because a I want to blow everything up with one button"

I was there...

"Oh I'm gonna stack this, and that, and those two, and everything will drop in a single button, haha i'm so overpower"

"OMG this thing is broken, ban it pls because a I want to blow everything up with one button"

I was there...
Honestly, I feel you. This OM is a perfect place for offensive pokemon to shine.

However, there are some broken combos like technician/skill link or more on the defensive side triage spam.

Question can trick bypass sticky hold if the target is itemless? Can infinity Clef teams be defeated by tricking them after they eat their berry?

When will you ban stupid Prankster dbond? Or Triage?
They are the only stupid things in this meta... Or harder to counter

To me the moves/abilities that should be banned:

Ability: Triage
Reason: Triage has become severely broken since Queenly Majesty was banned. There are almost no counters, the most effective being a liquid ooze mon. any kind of psychic terrain setting is nullified by Tapu Bulu. Triage teams are basically the meta right now as there is no priority control better then triage, and after getting 1-2 kills when combined with the right mons, and you get a unstoppable team.
How to fix it: Ban it. there isn't a way to make it nerfed as banning draining moves in combinations with it would just be stupid.

Ability/Move: Prankster + Destiny Bond
Reason: While both prankster and destiny bond have uses on their own, However when these two are mixed together it ends up being extremely obnoxious and annoying. With the only counterplay being status and leech seed as Protect + Destiny Bond works so you cant attack it while its destiny bond is recharging.
How to fix it: I don't believe banning either of these by themselves are the correct answer, instead either banning the combination of the two or adding a clause which prevents destiny bond from working if prankster is up would work much better. While destiny bond is more just used for these kinds of teams just banning the combo of the two and nothing more seems better as destiny bond could be used for something else.

Abilities: Quick Feet + Flare Boost
Reason: Ever since the unban of flare boost these kinds of teams started blooming, Flare boost is a special variant of Guts (A banned ability) which when combined with Quick Feet makes for super sweepers that Guts and Queenly Majesty created when they existed.
How to fix it: I believe either re-banning Flare Boost, or banning the combo of Quick Feet + Flare Boost is the best way to go do to the absolute monsters they create, especially with Grim Neigh and Beast Boost.

Abilities: Drizzle + Hydration, Drizzle + Dry Skin, Hydration + Dry Skin
Reason: The only times these abilities exist is when its on a rain stall team, as rest + hydration is just completely broken, and the massive passive healing from dry skin and the status immunity from hydration makes these stall teams impossible to beat unless your team has enough tools to beat them, meaning you have to sacrifice mons just to deal with this rain stall team. There is no really good reason to allow these teams stay as it ruins the meta. for the final Hydration + Dry Skin, prankster users with rain dance could recreate this without the use of drizzle, however the combo wouldn't be that hard to deal with if one of these didn't exist, which is why this combo should also be banned
How to fix it: Banning any of these abilities besides Hydration wouldn't make since at all, Hydration is the most broken ability out of these 3 and when combined with drizzle it allows for really stupid 0 turn rests. The correct solution to me is banning Hydration and also banning the combo of Dry Skin + Drizzle. However just banning Hydration + Drizzle instead of banning Hydration in full could also work.
(For this specific example my thoughts on it are a bit extreme, however the combos of Drizzle and Hydration, and Drizzle + Dry Skin being banned.)

Out of the 4 things I mentioned Triage and PrankBond need to go, for the other 2 I still believe they should be nerfed, however if other players dont believe these things should be banned then I guess they don't have trouble with those kinds of teams. Currently the meta is sorta broken due to the recent changes of Queenly Majesty, Flare Boost, and Regen. If anyone has any ideas about my post or some things they want to talk about it im perfectly fine with it, I just wanna help make this gamemode the best it can be.

I'd love to hear any other ideas on stuff you think should be banned or unbanned. I purposely avoided ice scales and fluffy as I don't have a good opinion on them yet

Question can trick bypass sticky hold if the target is itemless? Can infinity Clef teams be defeated by tricking them after they eat their berry?
No it cannot, any item having to do with removing items will fail

I was there...
I certainly see where this is coming from, however triage spam is pretty broken. I mean theres one counter and one only. every other counter is easily dealt with like psy terrain vs grass terrain

Honestly, banning combinations is better than banning whole abilities.

Just see what happened with Triage when Queenly Majesty was gone. And the former was gone for enabling dangerous setup sweepers to not be revanged.

It's a cycle, you ban one ability, and another becomes the top threat to be looked at.

For example: I personally think unaware and magic guars could be unbanned, if:

Unaware + Ice scales
Unaware + Fluffy
Unaware + Magic Guard
Unaware + Regenerator
Magic Guard + Sturdy
Magic Guard + Quick Feet
Magic Guard + Regenerator
Magic Guard + Flare Boost / Guts

Were all banned

It's time to look more at combinations than the whole ability it self

For example: Ban triage + grassy/misty/electric surge. Triage + Fluffy and/or Ice Scales. And they will be nerfed. Etc.

:talonflame: Priority Flinch Team — Now With Secret Anti-Psychic Terrain Tech Elitists DON'T Want You To Know:togekiss:

Everyone and their mother has been testing out Triage teams, so let's take a look at a Gale Wings squad! The game plan is simple: fire off Serene Grace Air Slashes at +1 priority and flinch the opponent to death. What could be more satisfying?

:talonflame: :togekiss: :celesteela: :pelipper: :togedemaru: :heliolisk:
Click here for importable

With Gale Wings and Serene Grace, Air Slash and Hurricane become priority moves with a 60% chance to inflict a secondary effect. Pelipper provides rain for accurate Hurricanes and passive recovery through Heliolisk's Dry Skin, which helps our birds stay at 100% health. Togedemaru gives the team immunity to Electric moves and allows Heliolisk to spam Electrify, and Scarf Serene Grace lets Toge cosplay as Jirachi, flinching with Iron Head and Zing Zap.

Any team whose main strategy involves priority moves has to have a way to deal with Psy Terrain — that's where Steel Roller Celesteela comes in. The bamboo ultra beast is not only one of the best Lele walls, it also carries Steel Roller to remove terrain and spam Air Slash. Between Leech + Protect, Lefties, and rainy Dry Skin, it is remarkably easy to keep Celesteela at full to keep firing off Air Slashes and Rollering away terrain.

The team is definitely a very viable ladder pick. As a Priority team, it matches up well versus HO not carrying Psychic Terrain. Even though Triage out-prioritizes Air Slash, Celesteela with Lightning Rod support resists all Triage-boosted moves except Drain Punch, which is resisted by the rest of the birds. Versus bulkier playstyles, Togekiss is a great stallbreaker, and endless Rain Dish healing keeps the team healthy over long games.

Be sure to give this team a shot on ladder!

And now, a message from Council Member Mengy:

Hope you all have enjoyed the first week of Shared Power! Thank you to all who filled out the Shared Power Survey — I read all of your responses and shared them with the council. Expect a new post in the next few days regarding the state of the metagame!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)