Metagame Shared Power

Can you start suspect test for Mudsdale's Stamina Ability? There is a lot of types if stall in Shared Power, thanks to its mechanics. But stalls with Mudsdale are seriosly ruining this meta. If it keeps going, all of this meta will turn into a junkyard with a lot of stall teams and you know that no one wants this OM to turn into this. Other types of stalls can be countered by some kinds of other strats. As it mentioned, mudsdale can be countered by special attackers, but teams with Stamina Mudsdale are mostly made for stall and mostly made of both physically and specially bulky mons. So, the solution for this is to ban Stamina, but some people don't agree with this idea, so we need to start suspect test to see how many people will vote for banning this pokemon and how many are against this idea

Don't know why you are trying. They're just going to make it seem broken no matter what.

Having a frosmoth on your team and something specially defensive (a stat investment rarely ran in this meta) practically shuts them down. Volt absorb cripples them.

Frosmoth is the reason that flare boost is allowed to begin with. Odds are they faced the same people on the ladder and got fustrated and do wish to adapt their team due to special attackers being relavent, there aren't that many people playing this other meta and flare boost is not widespread. Of course that's just an assumption, could be spot on, could not be.

Raindish has many forms and can easily beat/out recover them depending on what abilities you bring. If they have hydration then they have rest which is a 100% recovery move. So if they outdamage that then consider getting something that is specially invested. Otherwise the complaint is that regenerator should be unbanned. They're outsped by swift swim/chlorphyll as well.

As the other person said, get chansey or blissey and 2 pokemon will wall their whole team. Special attacker based teams are weak sauce without contrary....I don't see why stamina or mudsdale would be relevent to the topic.

Terrain wars are always a thing if the opponent has a terrain of their own.
Stamina makes it so that Lele goes from a potential 3HKO to literally never killing with psyshock since psyshock targets defense.

Can you start suspect test for Mudsdale's Stamina Ability? There is a lot of types if stall in Shared Power, thanks to its mechanics. But stalls with Mudsdale are seriosly ruining this meta. If it keeps going, all of this meta will turn into a junkyard with a lot of stall teams and you know that no one wants this OM to turn into this. Other types of stalls can be countered by some kinds of other strats. As it mentioned, mudsdale can be countered by special attackers, but teams with Stamina Mudsdale are mostly made for stall and mostly made of both physically and specially bulky mons. So, the solution for this is to ban Stamina, but some people don't agree with this idea, so we need to start suspect test to see how many people will vote for banning this pokemon and how many are against this idea
Oh my. We are going after stamina now? lol.

Let me guess. You had a fully one track physical team and got upset when you lost at least twice about an hour ago? Stamina doesn't do anything and provides no boosts without the opponent's inputs.

There is no need to over-exaggerate because of a loss. Stamina is mainly used to attempt to stop skill link teams before they become to much of threat (mainly cloister). It won't allow you to survive a oneshot, and surviving a 2 shot depends on what percentage the first hit did.

If shortly abilities like Stamina and Ice Scales make this OM unplayable. Even Carrying Flare Boost does not help you much, as it boost damage from special moves by 1,5 and Ice Scales literrally double Sp.Def. Banning Stamina and Ice Scales without banning Flare Boost will cause another problems. So, if we ban all three of these abilities, this OM goes to more playable state. So people will seriosly enjoy playing Shared Power, not just skipping it saying: " this OM is unplayable and unbalanced"

Stamina barely even offers much against non-skill link teams. You're still eating the first hit without any damage reduction, it's brutalised by set up and also crit teams are fairly common.

When you're playing this meta you have to accept that your team is going to lose against certain other archetypes - it's a rock/paper/scissor-y meta and it will always be that way.

Also Flare Boost really isn't even that strong. It's a 1.5x boost and takes up your item slot - an item that Quick Feet teams will be running anyway, but nonetheless with it gone they can just use Sheer Force/Adaptability/Mega Launcher etc. which give very comparable boosts.

Let me guess. You had a fully one track physical team and got upset when you lost at least twice about an hour ago? Stamina doesn't do anything and provides no boosts without the opponent's inputs.

There is no need to over-exaggerate because of a loss. Stamina is mainly used to attempt to stop skill link teams before they become to much of threat (mainly cloister). It won't allow you to survive a oneshot, and surviving a 2 shot depends on what percentage the first hit did.
There's nothing bad in carrying just Stamina. I'm talking about the Stamina + Ice Scales combo and having team with really bulky mons. This is the real cancer. The only way to deal with this team is to believe in luck. So we must ban Ice Scales + Stamina combo or just ban the Ice Scales to fix the problem

If there's any counter to stall teams with bulky mons and Ice Scales + Stamina combo, can someone show me sample counter teams then to prove that it's not absolute cancer of Shared Power meta

Do you think this Ultimate Wallbreaker team will break type of stalls teams that i mentioned before:

(Cinderace) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt

(Marowak-Alola) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock
- Detect
- Rock Tomb

(Tauros) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Toxic
- Endeavor
- Rock Tomb

(Dragalge) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump

(Obstagoon) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

(Lycanroc-Dusk) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Drill Run
- Play Rough
- Close Combat

There's nothing bad in carrying just Stamina. I'm talking about the Stamina + Ice Scales combo and having team with really bulky mons. This is the real cancer. The only way to deal with this team is to believe in luck. So we must ban Ice Scales + Stamina combo or just ban the Ice Scales to fix the problem
Stamina literally provides no boost unless you hit them. Ice scales does not grant you safety from special attacks. A physically defensive mon such as Bewear, Mudsdale, Sandaconda will still take special attacks poorly and many physically defensive mons lack recovery.

Specially defensive such as Goodra, Frosmoth, Nhilego, and tentecruel still take physical attacks poorly. Mixing defenses to try to make them jacks of all trade will cause their bulk to suffer.

Defensive abilities are also limited to few pokemon. So if you want one then there is a specific mon you must have on your team.
Chances they will be heavily damage or forced out by an attacker that targets there weaker defense. The opponent can also have abilities/ attacks/sets that negate/outright overpower the defensive abilities leaving the only thing saving you being a pokemon's or move's typing.

Do you think this Ultimate Wallbreaker team will break type of stalls teams that i mentioned before:

(Cinderace) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt

(Marowak-Alola) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock
- Detect
- Rock Tomb

(Tauros) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Toxic
- Endeavor
- Rock Tomb

(Dragalge) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump

(Obstagoon) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

(Lycanroc-Dusk) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Drill Run
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
Just to clarify, calling it ultimate does not make it ultimate lol. My apologies if I sound negative saying that. You winning or losing with that depends on you and your opponent. Just a warning, because no team is perfect, building to counter one specific archetype will leave you susceptible to another and you cannot have everything you'd want with a 6 mon limit. Find what works for you mate.

Golduck @ Leftovers
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hypnosis
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Salazzle (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Recover

Frosmoth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Toxic

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Wish

I made this team just to mess with Rain users. Rain gets wrecked by Cloud Nine and no more Hydration = free toxics

Also don't ask why Golduck has Hypnosis because I don't really know.

From What I´ve managed to read from this forum is that meta isn´t very understood, as people claiming various abilities to be broken depending on match up against their team. People claim stamina to be too much of defensive utility to be balanced, but can be counteracted by either a special attack or various physical attacks, for example: Banded grassy glide Rillaboom does 118% min, max attack adamant crawdunt 2HKO with aqua jet, OHKOs with crabhammer or liquidation, 56% chance to KO with jolly scarf kartana. This are pokemon with their native abilities, which can still be enhanced by terrain, weather, adaptability, hustle or any physical boosting ability or item. Haze will nullify the stat raise from stamina making it not a complete wall. Fluffy on the other half, halves damage from contact moves making this calcs untrue but through the rest of your team. Decidueye bypasses completely this restriction and fire types exploit its own weakness unless paired with flash fire (in almost every case being heatran). Fluffy has its counterplay include the three notable: Fire types, decidueye/protective pads and non-contact attacks (most notable earthquake, icicle spear and rock blast). This abilities can be annoying or dificult to deal with but ultimately can be played around. The reason I brought this up is because this abilities are what makes up the defensive core of a vast number of teams. This core favors more a third pokemon being frosmoth. While a fairly non-threatening pokemon, its a donor to the single best ability for this meta: Ice Scales. Ice scales can completely invalidate special focused teams, such as the ¨flare feet¨ archetype making such calcs possible:

+1 252 SpA Adaptability Spectrier Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ice Scales Heatran: 135-159 (41.7 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

This is what you might see in a common flare feet team against the defensive core of bewear, heatran and frosmoth that is seen in the vast majority of teams. Against a flare boosted (represented by the +1), adaptability spectrier a 3HKO against an OFFENSIVE heatran who 2HKOs guaranteed with magma storm. Now take a look at this calc:
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Spectrier Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Celesteela: 102-120 (25.6 - 30.1%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed recovery

Celesteela absolutely walls any flarefeet if it has leech seed and any electric immunity as can be proven with these sets of calcs
252 SpA Choice Specs Jolteon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Celesteela: 42-49 (10.5 - 12.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ice Scales Celesteela in Psychic Terrain: 82-97 (20.6 - 24.3%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Drifblim Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Celesteela: 73-86 (18.3 - 21.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever

This are the more notable examples of why I´ve seen people arguing they need ice scales in order to survive to the dreaded Flarefeet. Ice scales makes any specially dedicated team a pushover and makes it not viable at all. While it is true not every team has a frosmoth, it definietly can be easily fit into any type of team, as Ive checked from the calcs you just have seen, it halves after all boosts have been applied, meaning it not only nullifies adaptability and flare boost, but also reduces it further. Setting up is the only way to beat ice scale defensive wall, but even those struggle to do so due to their frailness or prankster haze. Ice scales is an obnoxious ability that has prevented innovation for special attackers. If it were to result in a ban, flare boost can be tested and cause it to be banned again or complex banned with quick feet if proven to be too much. Thank you for reading my ted talk and take it into consideration for the health of the meta.

TLDR; the reason I argue for the ban of ice scales and defend similar abilities such as fluffy and stamina is ice scales is a flat reduction; no matter what for special attacks, making special attacking teams almost unusable, while stamina and fluffy have counters and providing benefits that have certain conditions and counterplay.

From What I´ve managed to read from this forum is that meta isn´t very understood, as people claiming various abilities to be broken depending on match up against their team. People claim stamina to be too much of defensive utility to be balanced, but can be counteracted by either a special attack or various physical attacks, for example: Banded grassy glide Rillaboom does 118% min, max attack adamant crawdunt 2HKO with aqua jet, OHKOs with crabhammer or liquidation, 56% chance to KO with jolly scarf kartana. This are pokemon with their native abilities, which can still be enhanced by terrain, weather, adaptability, hustle or any physical boosting ability or item. Haze will nullify the stat raise from stamina making it not a complete wall. Fluffy on the other half, halves damage from contact moves making this calcs untrue but through the rest of your team. Decidueye bypasses completely this restriction and fire types exploit its own weakness unless paired with flash fire (in almost every case being heatran). Fluffy has its counterplay include the three notable: Fire types, decidueye/protective pads and non-contact attacks (most notable earthquake, icicle spear and rock blast). This abilities can be annoying or dificult to deal with but ultimately can be played around. The reason I brought this up is because this abilities are what makes up the defensive core of a vast number of teams. This core favors more a third pokemon being frosmoth. While a fairly non-threatening pokemon, its a donor to the single best ability for this meta: Ice Scales. Ice scales can completely invalidate special focused teams, such as the ¨flare feet¨ archetype making such calcs possible:

+1 252 SpA Adaptability Spectrier Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ice Scales Heatran: 135-159 (41.7 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

This is what you might see in a common flare feet team against the defensive core of bewear, heatran and frosmoth that is seen in the vast majority of teams. Against a flare boosted (represented by the +1), adaptability spectrier a 3HKO against an OFFENSIVE heatran who 2HKOs guaranteed with magma storm. Now take a look at this calc:
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Spectrier Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Celesteela: 102-120 (25.6 - 30.1%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed recovery

Celesteela absolutely walls any flarefeet if it has leech seed and any electric immunity as can be proven with these sets of calcs
252 SpA Choice Specs Jolteon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Celesteela: 42-49 (10.5 - 12.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ice Scales Celesteela in Psychic Terrain: 82-97 (20.6 - 24.3%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Drifblim Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Celesteela: 73-86 (18.3 - 21.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever

This are the more notable examples of why I´ve seen people arguing they need ice scales in order to survive to the dreaded Flarefeet. Ice scales makes any specially dedicated team a pushover and makes it not viable at all. While it is true not every team has a frosmoth, it definietly can be easily fit into any type of team, as Ive checked from the calcs you just have seen, it halves after all boosts have been applied, meaning it not only nullifies adaptability and flare boost, but also reduces it further. Setting up is the only way to beat ice scale defensive wall, but even those struggle to do so due to their frailness or prankster haze. Ice scales is an obnoxious ability that has prevented innovation for special attackers. If it were to result in a ban, flare boost can be tested and cause it to be banned again or complex banned with quick feet if proven to be too much. Thank you for reading my ted talk and take it into consideration for the health of the meta.

TLDR; the reason I argue for the ban of ice scales and defend similar abilities such as fluffy and stamina is ice scales is a flat reduction; no matter what for special attacks, making special attacking teams almost unusable, while stamina and fluffy have counters and providing benefits that have certain conditions and counterplay.
I don't understand how haze is a counter to stamina. What pokemon uses Haze in the meta and is a physical threat?

I don't understand how haze is a counter to stamina. What pokemon uses Haze in the meta and is a physical threat?
Dragonite and Zygarde can run haze when facing a + whatever defensive wall and then start setting up itself, while not orthodox, it is a back up to not OHKOing certain mons. Stamina only works when you cant deal more than 75% first hit, which is can be managed withing many HO teams.

Dragonite and Zygarde can run haze when facing a + whatever defensive wall and then start setting up itself, while not orthodox, it is a back up to not OHKOing certain mons. Stamina only works when you cant deal more than 75% first hit, which is can be managed withing many HO teams.
What move are they taking off for Haze though?

Maybe i know how to deal with this kind of teams. Just to carry Belly Drum sweeper, as long as Darmanitan-G is Banned, i use Kommo-o. Firstly, i go for substitute, in this turn staller may go for boost or toxic and rarely for attack, next turn i use belly drum to max out attack. Then this Kommo-o pulls out all crap out of stall teams. Kommo-o has drain punch as recovery and as STAB coverage and it has Iron Head to deal with fairies Even if they carry Intimidate, Intimidate don't work on pokemon behind Substitute. If you want to use this monster, then here is it:

(Kommo-o) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof/Soundproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head

Note: I used this Kommo-o in OU to sweep entire teams. It's really good sweeper as it gets Substitute and Belly Drum

Do you think Guts should be unbanned? Due to the Fluffy being the thing in this OM, Guts will act like Flare Boost for Ice Scales. I'm not too sure if we need to unban this ability, because i know that people will criplle the Fluffy users by Decidueye's Long Reach. Guts also can act like a counter to the stall teams and can be used with Quick Feet to sweep. But again Guts can be too op when used with abilities that also boost power of physical moves and abilities that boost power overall. Unlike special side, psysical side has more power boosting abilities. So this ability can be used to completely dominate majority of teams also using abilities like Quick Feet, Reckless, Adaptability, Tough Claws, Strong Jaw, Iron Fist, Sand Force (For Sand Teams) or Sheer Force

Quick Feet + Flare boost should be ban its insane
Of course we can unban Guts because Flare boost is unban
The problem with Guts its the att boost.. Physical attaquer have already so many boost..
And imagine a fluffy + marvel scale + Guts
Insane

Do you think Guts should be unbanned? Due to the Fluffy being the thing in this OM, Guts will act like Flare Boost for Ice Scales. I'm not too sure if we need to unban this ability, because i know that people will criplle the Fluffy users by Decidueye's Long Reach. Guts also can act like a counter to the stall teams and can be used with Quick Feet to sweep. But again Guts can be too op when used with abilities that also boost power of physical moves and abilities that boost power overall. Unlike special side, psysical side has more power boosting abilities. So this ability can be used to completely dominate majority of teams also using abilities like Quick Feet, Reckless, Adaptability, Tough Claws, Strong Jaw, Iron Fist, Sand Force (For Sand Teams) or Sheer Force
Guts should definietly be unbanned, sure there is the argument that Hyper offense would be too powerful, but if there is really physically offensive being one of the only really viable playstyles, might as well go all in. Of course if that were introduced, it would of course need to be complex banned with quick feet to prevent something like kartana to be able to (functionally) hold a choice band and scarf while only taking a bit more than half of a life orb. That stacked with hustle, adaptability, tough claws and long reach to bypass fluffy, makes it almost unstoppable. All that power should definitely be able to OHKO almost anything, making stamina useless. So if physsical attackers can get so ridiculous boost and have the only ability able to negate it (fur coat) be banned, is the only thing that is preventing something like kartana of absolutely destroying the meta is allowing guts, shouldn´t more offensive theory crafting be allowed to develope? Because as far as I´ve seen there are quite few offensive archetypes:
Physical has:
Anhialate everything: (generally involving hustle + no guard, tough claws, iron fist, strong jaw and any weather or terrain (mainly sand and grassy), Skill link technician: (sometimes aided by super luck + sniper to bypass stamina)
Triage: (main culprits buzzwole and bulu, with a side of scrappy pangoro to nullify any immuties and cause the only ¨counter¨ a defensive togekiss or sap sipper azu to also just die)
Terrain abusers ( mainly grassy and electric, electric more on the special side).
Stack all the boosts (being just moxie, beast boost and chilling neigh, being just a belly drum after 2 KOs)
Special teams only really revolve around flare feet, electric terrain and (only ever once seen) dragon spam
The complex ban has made running offensive rain pretty much more difficult to run and the abundance of heatran has made sun pretty much worthless. Hail has always been trash, but has no benefit in this meta due to the ban of slush rush; its a similar case with sand, also because of the ban of sand rush, but not as bad due to the spdef boost on rock types and sand force (which tbh is not great). As an idea maybe slush/sand rush should be complex banned the same way as drizzle too allow at least manual hail to exist. Psychic terrain is almost never abused, just used to prevent frail sweepers to dying of priority, which in 90% of cases is just to counter triage (which should also be looked into but that is a topic for another day). Offensive meta has pretty much peaked. Physical offense is more about bypassing fluffy + setting up to one shot everything to prevent stamina from allowing a comeback. On the special side there have been about zero improvements. The only innovation has come because of the unbanning of flare boost but thats about it. Physical attackers have several boost to choose from, but for special attackers there is barely anything. So in a meta where there is almost no way of breaking on the special side, WHY IS ICE SCALES ALLOWED?

I´ve already made a post that explains why ice scales should be banned, but I´m helpless to understand in a meta that a physical attacker and stack enough abilities to be able to do from 3.5x to 5x damage, with the abilities able to at least hold of the offense that are also being able to be bypassed, why is the special side which has more or less 3 TOTAL ABILITIES to boost damage output, the ability that NO MATTER WHAT CUTS IN HALF DAMAGE AFTER APPLYING BOOSTS, MEANING THAT IT CAN NOT ONLY NULLIFY ANDY ADAPTABILITY AND FLARE BOOST PLUS EVEN A +1 AND FURTHERMORE STILL CUT A BIT MORE DAMAGE BE ALLOWED? I am completely convinced either the mods dont even play this OM or they are completely devoted to the practice of stall to allow such imbalance to be permitted. It may be anecdotal, but I swear frosmoth must have a 90% usage rate, I swear

Maybe the reason people complain so much about fluffy and stamina is because the alternative, being having to face of against a frozen moth and doing absolutely no damage.

So people, all I ask of you is to be able to see that ice scales has completely made the meta stale, uncreative and has severley damaged this community. So please, just take away something from this post: Ban ice scales, and if it happens, maybe flare boost should be looked into.

what you think of my team (strong prio+flinch) It did good in testing
Team
Either I'm missing something or the 10% flinch adds literally nothing and you could use adaptability instead. You've got no Skill Link, or any multihits for that matter. You don't have serene grace to add to the Stench, which could be swapped for Zapdos or something. I just feel lilke stench adds nothing at all, gale wings adds very little, and due to your main powerhouses being different between special and physical you're not going to be able to abuse defiant on all your mons.

It's a cool idea but you're gonna have to pick a lane imo.

The complex ban has made running offensive rain pretty much more difficult to run and the abundance of heatran has made sun pretty much worthless. Hail has always been trash, but has no benefit in this meta due to the ban of slush rush; its a similar case with sand, also because of the ban of sand rush, but not as bad due to the spdef boost on rock types and sand force (which tbh is not great). As an idea maybe slush/sand rush should be complex banned the same way as drizzle too allow at least manual hail to exist. Psychic terrain is almost never abused, just used to prevent frail sweepers to dying of priority, which in 90% of cases is just to counter triage (which should also be looked into but that is a topic for another day). Offensive meta has pretty much peaked. Physical offense is more about bypassing fluffy + setting up to one shot everything to prevent stamina from allowing a comeback. On the special side there have been about zero improvements. The only innovation has come because of the unbanning of flare boost but thats about it. Physical attackers have several boost to choose from, but for special attackers there is barely anything. So in a meta where there is almost no way of breaking on the special side, WHY IS ICE SCALES ALLOWED?

I´ve already made a post that explains why ice scales should be banned, but I´m helpless to understand in a meta that a physical attacker and stack enough abilities to be able to do from 3.5x to 5x damage, with the abilities able to at least hold of the offense that are also being able to be bypassed, why is the special side which has more or less 3 TOTAL ABILITIES to boost damage output, the ability that NO MATTER WHAT CUTS IN HALF DAMAGE AFTER APPLYING BOOSTS, MEANING THAT IT CAN NOT ONLY NULLIFY ANDY ADAPTABILITY AND FLARE BOOST PLUS EVEN A +1 AND FURTHERMORE STILL CUT A BIT MORE DAMAGE BE ALLOWED? I am completely convinced either the mods dont even play this OM or they are completely devoted to the practice of stall to allow such imbalance to be permitted. It may be anecdotal, but I swear frosmoth must have a 90% usage rate, I swear

Maybe the reason people complain so much about fluffy and stamina is because the alternative, being having to face of against a frozen moth and doing absolutely no damage.

So people, all I ask of you is to be able to see that ice scales has completely made the meta stale, uncreative and has severley damaged this community. So please, just take away something from this post: Ban ice scales, and if it happens, maybe flare boost should be looked into.
I guess I'll go on a replying spree.

The reason they don't want to ban ice scales is because without it, nothing stops special attackers. You can be like "YOU GOT BLISSEY" and sure, you got blissey. But what happens when you've got a life orb sheer force adaptability and whatever the hell else you want to stack is on 3 mons at the same time? There's no special intimidate, no special wisp, nothing. You've just got a single normal type pokemon that gets worn down decently quickly, even if it is just PP stalling the softboiled.

Is the meta stale? Yes. I'm not trying to meta bash, but Inheritance is going to be a very stale meta no matter what you do. Some abilities are just better than others. You ban those abilities, new ones come in and become the new norm, with almost no downtime in between banning and the next obnoxious threat, be Offensive or Defensive. Although we're making the right steps into making shared a healthier metagame, it's an infinite staircase. Once we ban all of the broken stuff, the meta will no longer be fun or creative, but until we do, people will be forced to run said broken stuff constantly.

My opinion; this meta is hard to take seriously. I've been grinding on the ladder with an Immunities team, and believe it or not, it's the most creative thing I've seen on the ladder for an incredibly long time. A meta like this is supposed to make you look at something and be like "huh, that's really cool how they got that to work so well together," not "it's another Stamina/IceScales (or a SkillLink/Technician core)." I don't think there's enough time left in the month to make it a healthy and fun meta, and after the month's over almost nobody's going to be playing it anymore. The meta has an amazing concept, both in simplicity and creativity, but when executed it takes out the creativity and leaves only the simplicity.

No. Defiant + Guts + Tough Claws + Long Reach + Adaptability + QuickFeet/Beast Boost/Triage?? Nope. Leave me out of this hellhole.

Little late, but I'll explain to you why Stamina is annoying and borderline broken for most players. Guess what the best ability legal is without any competition? That's right it's ICE SCALES WOOOO. This ability practically forces you to use physical teams. You find a team with stamina on it and now guess what your long reach doesn't even help you because Corviknight gets increasingly bulky as you attack it AND it's got pressure so your high damaging moves aren't gonna work for long. (and the corv's got ice scales).

Idk man there's a big difference between over-exaggerating because of a loss and not being able to do something because something's super centralizing and hard to deal with. Now let ME make a guess; you play stall on the ladder and now you pretend to see the weaknesses in an ability like stamina instead of literally all of it's pros.

So I'm just really tired and replying to things that either annoy me or I feel decently strong about. I'ma stop now but first I'll share with you the team that I've been laddering with. It's actually fun and even though you don't really have to use your brain to use the team, it's difficult to maneuver the first couple games with it. Not a big deal though.

https://pokepast.es/98f6571f30be7ef4

You can switch the thundurus for a Lightningrod Alolawak, but then you're just super weak to triage mons with dark coverage, which is a lot of em. Thundurus lives a hit and one shots most of them that don't have ice scales on their team.

Here's a replay of peak Shared Power as well, with me "showing off" the team for 300 turns. Shoutouts to the man who wouldn't click the tie button because he thought I was gonna timer myself. You got me.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8sharedpower-1256497930

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)