ORAS UU Shark and Friends (Edited) - Peaked at Rank 1.

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Shark and Friends (Edited)

Introduction

Hey, everyone! I'm here with a team that I've been using for a couple of weeks now. It's a pretty standard team, minus the absence of a special attacker. It's been working out great for me nevertheless. I have gotten this team to rank 1 on the UU ladder so I thought it would be something worth sharing. Here's a screenshot of the laddering: http://i.imgur.com/XRsdf3k.jpg.

Teambuilding Process

These two were the start of the team. I was looking forward to using both Mega Sharpedo and Scarfed Heracross, so I decided to build my team around them.

I figured Crobat could provide a lot for my team. It has three 4x resistances in bug, fighting and grass, which all trouble Sharpedo. It also resists Fairy. All the resistances on top of being a fast hazard clearer made the choice obvious. Toxic was also a very nice fit.

I've been wanting to use Curselax as it's just amazing in the metagame. I also needed a switch in for both Ice and Fire. With the interest of keeping this team offensive, Snorlax fit in perfectly.

I needed more resistances to take the pressure off of Crobat, while still keeping offensive pressure. I also needed something for fairies, and that's where Doublade came in. It also serves as a spin blocker sometimes.

Due to being able to set up Stealth Rocks as well as trap ghosts in order to lead the way for Snorlax, I chose Krookodile.

I changed Heracoss' and Crobat's sets to be better for the team. Heracross' set is now permanent for me, but I'm still testing Crobat's.

The Team

Heracross (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Facade

Since my team is all physical, I needed something that could break through physical walls that could trouble my team. Heracross gets that job done, and also makes playing stall teams easier on me usually.

Sharpedo (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Crunch

Mega Sharpedo is the main focus of the team. It has two great stabs, Crunch getting powered up even further with its ability. Ice Fang also gets powered up and is there to hit dragons hard. I gave it adamant nature because I hardly ever regret not running Jolly. Personally, I find it pretty easy to be able to get to +2 if needed and then sweep. Sure, there are those very few times where being Jolly would have been nice, but it's not worth passing up on the boost in raw power.

Crobat (M) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 4 SpD / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

All out utility here. Quick defogger. Toxic to wear down some otherwise difficult to deal with enemies and it works well with the bulk. Not the standard EV spread though. I only put enough Speed EVs to outspeed Whimiscott because I don't really mind anything after that. I have Doublade for opposing Crobats, and the very uncommon Adamant Mega Beedrills and Modest Mega Sceptiles just aren't worth passing up an EV spread that provides both well-needed bulk and damage. 4 EVs into SpD to avoid giving the "Download" ability a free special attack boost. I'm not entirely sure if this is the EV Spread, Moveset, or even Item that I'll be sticking with though. I'm open to all suggestions.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

As stated earlier, this is my fire and ice switch in. Entei especially, would be a huge problem for this team without Snorlax here. This guy contributes loads to the team in general, having swept many of my opponents so far. Standard Curselax spread.

Doublade (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword

Doublade also serves as a secondary answer to opposing ghosts if Krookodile doesn't get the job done. It has great raw power outside of that and can make up for it's terrible speed with Shadow Sneak. You can safely spin block against Forretress, though not much else. He mostly came into my team to check fairies but has been doing much more than just that.

Krookodile (M) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

This is what you'll usually lead with. Either this or Crobat. Intimidate is really useful to hold onto, as well as Knock Off and Pursuit. You wouldn't want to give Krookodile up earlier than you need to, especially if there are ghosts on the opposing team. Getting rocks up shouldn't be too difficult if you play right. Dread Plate for higher Knock Off and Pursuit damage, and standard EV spread.

Conclusion

Though this team has been winning a lot, it does have some noticeable flaws. As stated in the introduction, there's no special attacker here which could suck at times. Though, other than a few threats, this team has been doing just fine. Hopefully I could find some worthwhile changes to make here though!​

Thank you for reading my RMT! I very much appreciate all feedback given, so feel free to suggest anything and I'll look to see if it would work for me.

Heracross (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Facade

Sharpedo (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Crunch

Crobat (M) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 4 SpD / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Doublade (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword

Krookodile (M) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Almost any Hydreigon set could pressure this team. Snorlax is my only switch in really. If it's a Life Orb set, it could be even more hurtful to Snorlax but would be easier for Sharpedo to clean up. If it's a Scarf set, I think Snorlax could play the tank there pretty decently and more easily rest off the damage. I haven't ran into a Taunt + Life Orb set but that would probably be really troublesome.

-Shaymin could be annoying if it constantly gets the special defense fall on you. I usually go to Snorlax on this but get crippled by Seed Flare's drop. With the drops, it puts a lot of pressure on this team.

-Chesnaught is also a pain. I would want to keep Crobat and Heracross around for it, but sometimes I won't be able to, and so I'll just have to play around it. Sharpedo, Snorlax, and Doublade may be able to get the job done, but leech seed could really weaken the team.

-Opposing Doublade could be a problem. It could use Crobat and Snorlax as means of setting up. I'll want to go into Krook asap and Knock Off or Pursuit trap to weaken it, then finish it off with Sharpedo or my own Doublade. With that said, things usually work out against Doublade without TOO much trouble.

I haven't faced this guy since the low ladder but Defensive + Will-O-Wisp Weezing could be troublesome too. Or well, Will-O-Wisp in general. Snorlax is your only safe switch-in to Will-O-Wisp since it could rest it off, but how troublesome burns could be depends on the match up.

*I'll edit this if I find anymore threats.

*These were replays of the team using the Heracross and Crobat sets that I started with.* I haven't really taken any since, so I'll just edit this section when I do have some of the current team. If you rather use the original sets, here they are:

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 20 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-258327889 - Trick Room
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-258714412 - Regular Play
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-258851886 - Regular Play
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-258853838 - Regular Play
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-258814466 - Vs. Semi-Stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-258749015 - Snorlax Sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-258935613 - Snorlax Sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-258720135 - Doublade Sweep

Shoutouts to Do A Bibarel and dodmen for making the Heracross set changes a lot clearer for me to make. The team has been way more smooth and seems to have less threats because of that adjustment :).

Last edited:
You left suicune (that mon who 6-0's you) off the threat list.

At least run taunt on Mshark and Bat to stop the rest on roarCM cune so you don't need to rely on your opponent swapping suicune out of doublade, scarfcross, and krookadile, the top tier cune counters.

Or swap shark to Sub DD gatr + taunt on bat.

I'll leave out the rant on "holy crap scarfcross is not unpredictable" and leave it at this.

Heracross used Close Combat!
It's not very effective... The opposing Florges lost 24.4% of its health!

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
What's up man, cool looking team you have here. The first think I noticed about it is that it has 6 physical attackers, which is really kind of unorthodox. As you mentioned, this team has a pretty hard time breaking down the physical walls in the tier, like a Chesnaught, MAggron, or Suicune (which you didn't have in your threatlist). But anyway I'd like to recommend a couple of things that could really help this team out.

• So first off, I'd like to recommend Choice Scarf Rotom-C over Heracross. Rotom-C could really help this team do some serious damage to physical walls like Suicune or Aggron. With Rotom you also get to maintain the speed on the team and also have a nice switch-in to scalds from a Mega Blastoise or Suicune (Blastoises usually don't run Ice Beam anymore). Here's the set I'd like to recommend.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Trick

• My other recommendation would be to run Taunt over Toxic on Crobat. Taunt is really nice to catch Suicunes or even Snorlax's off guard and prevent them from setting up with a CM or Curse, respectively. Just from playing with the spread you have I'd also like to recommend using an EV spread of 80 HP / 188 Atk / 240 Spe with a Jolly Nature. Without investing in attack, Crobat really doesn't hit hard at all, and you definitely want to hit some things hard. I'll show you a quick example. If you don't invest you don't have a chance to even OHKO Chesnaught, which is almost essential

0 Atk Crobat Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 300-352 (78.9 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

188 Atk Crobat Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 364-432 (95.7 - 113.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

The EV's maintain a solid fighting check and the speed helps you outrun Adamant Mega Beedrill and Modest Mega Sceptile (most run these natures nowadays). I also added 4 speed to creep other Crobat's creeping these mons.
But anyway, I hope you consider my recommendations and good luck with your team!

Last edited:

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Actually, I haven't really had problems with cune on my way up the ladder. I don't think I've lost to it yet. Snorlax usually covers it, even if I have to switch in and out due to roar. It helps if I land on Krook or Hera after the roar, but either way, I usually don't have problems.

And thank you for your recommendations, Shiba. I'll consider trying Rotom Mow over Hera. But the thing is, if I replace anything, I want to eliminate the threats I currently have. Suicune isn't too much. Rotom Mow would probably help a lot with Aggron, but put me in an even worse situation against Chesnaught (Heracross has actually chipped in often against it). And then there's Blastoise which it could help with, though I don't see people using Scald when they see I have rotom mow there. I was thinking about Rotom H when you brought this up as it helps with Chesnaught too, but I'm not sure if that would be better. Might even be worse. Anyways, I'll at least do some testing, thanks!

As for the Crobat changes, I've never really seen need for Taunt up until this point, but Toxic has helped me in almost every game so I think I would like to stick with that. The spread I'm not so sure about because it's already difficult to keep alive, and it would only become even harder to preserve it for chesnaught if I removed its HP and replaced hera with Rotom Mow.

Hey man nice team! Ill take a good look at it in the morning and give you a good rate. For now I see that you have all physical attackers so going up against massive physical walls like maggron and suicune must suck. I also see you have two late game cleaners which is unhealthy considering you can have a special wall breaker to benefit from more than an excess cleaner. The core choice is nice. Old Dodmen crobat and krook. Shiba read my mind replacing a cleaner with a rotom. More to come tomorrow. Nice work!

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Hey there, nice team! As others noticed you have 6 physical attackers, which definitely isn't seen much. The consequences of this can be seen with your Aggron and Chesnaught weakness. I fear that your team will struggle mightily against classic cores such as Aggron + Florges, especially since Scarf Hera doesn't have the firepower to hurt florges, and Krook's EQs do zero to Aggron. Florges also finds many opportunities to wishpass since Crobat is defensive, Hera is walled, Sharpedo can't 2HKO it, and Krook is forced out due to Moonblasts. Suicune also seems to be a problem but you said it wasn't that much of a problem, so I will take your word for it and focus on the main weakness in being unable to break Aggron + Wish Passers (mainly Florges).

You stated you wanted to build around Hera + Pedo, so we will keep these mons. However, it seems odd to have two end game mons so to speak. They pretty much do the same role in either revenge killing or cleaning up the opponent's remaining mons, you know what I mean? So, I have a slight change. I suggest changing Heracross to either Choice Band or Swords Dance Toxic Orb. My reason for this is because as of now, you lack any sort of wallbreakers to soften up the opponent's team to open up a Sharpedo sweep. If you opt for the Choice Band set, then simply change the item to Choice Band. It is up to you if you prefer Adamant or Jolly, but I recommend Jolly so that Mamo can't revenge it (I also see Mamo as a huge threat, so having Hera beat it 1v1 is huge). If you opt for the Swords Dance set, which I prefer, then use this one:

Heracross @ Toxic Orb | Guts
Jolly Nature | 252 attack / 252 speed / 4 HP
Swords Dance / Close Combat / Knock Off / Facade

I prefer this set because it serves as an excellent fairy lure and beats all wish passers. Blissey, Vapo, and Umbreon are destroyed by CC. The fairy type wish passers such as Florges and the uncommon Aromatissee may switch into Hera, only to be killed or severely crippled by +2 Facade. With the Wish Passer nearly dead, Aggron just lost his main source of recovery unless it has rest which is low ladder tbh. This also beats Gligar, which can be annoying for you. furthermore, by running Guts over Moxie, suicune becomes less of a nuisance since burns no longer cripple Hera.

Now, I want to change one mon on your team. You mentioned you wanted something for Fairies when you chose Doublade, and no doubt the two swords serve as an excellent fairy check. But again, we want to mitigate your Aggron + Florges, Chesnaught, and Suicune weakness, and Doublade just doesn't get the job done if the fairy is paired with a fat steel or Suicune. I suggest a different Ghost type that can also capitalize on defensive fairies and set up. This ghost is SubCM Chandelure. I love using this set because its uncommon in this meta and catches people off guard. Here is the set:

Chandelure @ Leftovers | Flash Fire
Timidy Nature | 252 Sp. Attack / 252 speed / 4 HP
Substitute / Calm Mind / Shadow Ball / Fire Blast or Flamethrower

SubCM Chandy easily beats Aggron + Florges cores and uses defensive steels like Forry and Cobalion as setup bait. This is crucial since is a threat to every mon besides Doublade, so using Chandelure ensures you don't get 6-0d by a SD Coba. Chanelure obviously also sets up on fat fairies i.e Florges and after a CM, Chandelure actually beats Suicune.

+1 252 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 189-223 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 116-138 (44.4 - 52.8%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO -----> literally zero lol

It adds special presence to the team and another Chesnaught switch in so Crobat isn't so pressured, especially if rocks are up and Chesnaught is spamming Leech Seed. Speaking of Crobat...

I fully agree with Shiba in that an offensive Crobat set is much better for your team than defensive bat. With more attack EVs you can revenge slower threats like Cobalion which you previously will do zero damage to. With Chandelure you don't have to worry so much about Crobat being wrn down by Chesnaught since you now have two checks to it. An EV spread of 196 HP / 72 Atk / 240 Spe with a Jolly Nature with Sky Plate seems great (the speed lets you outspeed Adamant Bee and Modest Sceptile btw). You also OHKO Shaymin and Machamp while keeping some of the bulk you prefer. However, if you prefer defensive bat then that definitely works.

My only fear is that by removing Doublade Flying types such as Crobat and Mega Aero can be a problem. My suggestion would be to run Stone Edge over Pursuit on Krook or maybe even a more drastic change as using a bulkier Rocker like Swampert, but that takes away the offensive presence of Krook. Sharpedo seems like it can keep Aero at bay to allow you to soften the opponent's team some more until it can finally clean.

I hope you try out my changes and enjoy them

EDIT: I will be posting replays as I get them of the team with my changes.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-259014129

SubCM Chandy literally wins me this game. It gets a kill every time he brings Forry in, leading to his forfeit.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-259015125

By using Toxic Orb Hera, Salamence could not use me as set up fodder after I killed Sharpedo with CC. I was abale to switch moves and click Facade to kill it as it DDs.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-259019507

Chandy abuses Whimsicott and fires off free shadow balls.

FINAL EDIT: After some experimentation I noticed that without Doublade, the team is straight up 6-0d by ScarfMence spamming Outrage. My final suggestion then is the replace Krookodile with Rocks HP Ice Cobalion

Cobalion @ Expert Belt
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

This is the set Hogg posted in the creative and underrused sets thread, and it's really good. Adding a Volt Switcher on your team is excellent to pivot in Chandelure and Sharpedo into normal Cobalion switch ins like Chandelure while also doing solid damage and hitting Crobat really hard which wants to defog your rocks away. If Mence dares to click Outrage it is met with an HP Ice. I hope I haven't changed too much for your team but I believe these changes help you

Last edited:
Reactions: rs

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While I would love to rate this team, I don't believe you're following RMT rules. Which, I can't do shit about since I'm not a forum mod but yeah I'll be sure to leave a rate after this gets unlocked (I'm mostly sure this will be locked). For verification it's rule 6 which indicates you can't post more than one RMT per two weeks.

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey xVarsity, nice looking team you have here. While you have six physical attackers, the team surprisingly appears to cover most threats pretty well. However, physically defensive pokemon such as Mega Aggron, Chesnaught, Suicune, and Doublade do cause much of your team trouble, so I'd like to suggest a few changes that will hopefully fix this issue:
  • While Rotom-C over Heracross is a decent fix, the scarf set struggles to break the likes CroCune (Tbolt cannot break after two CMs, nor can Leaf Storm after one) which means you have to rely on tricking your scarf to cripple Suicune. Rotom-C is also not the most reliable water type switch-in, as it is very prone to being worn down by rocks and repeated Scalds and cannot recover HP my any means. A pokemon that I've been playing around with that I believe fits your team very well is Bulky LO Toxicroak. Toxicroak has a really nice defensive typing and ability that allow it to switch into the likes of Suicune, Mega Blastoise, and Empoleon safely, with the former two causing the most trouble to your team. Here's the set I was thinking of.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
    Ability: Dry Skin
    EVs: 100 HP / 192 Atk / 216 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Gunk Shot
    - Taunt / Ice Punch / Sucker Punch

This set is something I've played around with quite a bit recently, and I find it very effective. I wanted a spread that allowed Toxicroak to take hits better while scoring important KOs. With 192 Atk EVs and a LO, you are guaranteed an OHKO on Mamoswine after rocks damage, which I feel is a good benchmark to hit (the only way you are guaranteed an OHKO from full is by running Adamant, and you need Jolly to outspeed Mamoswine in the first place). The speed EVs allow you to outpace max speed base 80s, and the remaining EVs are put into HP to increase bulk. The last moveslot is a tossup really, but I find Taunt to be especially useful for your team seeing as how RoarCune (especially the Sleep Talk variant) is a huge threat and can prevent Toxicroak from setting up while shuffling your team through hazards. Ice Punch hits Gligar, which also is tough for your team to crack. Sucker Punch isn't super useful on your team in my opinion, but it provides you with decently hard-hitting priority if you feel you need it.

• The lack of special attackers on your team makes quite a few pokemon annoying to deal with. Doublade, for example, counters Toxicroak / Crobat / Snorlax, and nothing on your team can reliably switch into and KO it. Sharpedo and Krookodile do not appreciate taking a Sacred Sword, and neither can OHKO it. I think the easiest fix you can make is changing Crobat -> Salamence. LO Defog Salamence is an excellent pokemon, as it combines a threatening offensive presence with decent defensive utility through a combination of Intimidate and Dragon/Flying typing, which allows it to check the likes of Mienshao, Heracross, and Entei. An EV spread of 4 Def / 252 Spa / 252 Spe Timid and moveset of Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Roost / Defog would fit well, as you retain hazard control while gaining the ability to KO Doublade and Mega Aggron.
With those changes in mind, I believe you patch up most of the weaknesses your original team had. I hope you try out these suggestions! Good luck with the team.

edit: Didn't see Kreme's comment until after I posted. You needed to wait until 8/21 to post another RMT, seeing as how your last one was made on 8/7.

Manipulative

Camila <3
Ah! Firstly I would like to apologize for posting this RMT early. I went over the resource thread when I made my first RMT but it seems that rule 6 completely slipped my mind >_>. I understand if this thread gets locked for the time being. I'll reply to those who comment or have commented while I can though. Thanks for letting me know, Kreme !

I also have added Suicune to the threat list now because I could understand why everyone sees it as a problem. It might just be that I've not had much of a problem yet with it. I also put in how I choose to handle cune.

Do A Bibarel
Hey, man. I really appreciate the tests you've done with my team, thank you! So what I have to say about the changes is that I most likely would not like to replace Doublade. It's my only priority user, one of my checks for opposing Snorlax, check for Cobalion, gives me mass resistances (including flying), etc. I think replacing it with Cobalion, or even Chandy, adds more problems than it fixes. I think Offensive Crobat could be nice, but I'm still not too sure. Sometimes it has been as simple as toxic -> roost -> roost -> roost -> roost for me, and so the bulk + black sludge has been nice. I don't think I've really had an issue with not running offensive Crobat, but if I found one, I would think about it more. Though, the change I have been thinking of is using one of those sets for Hera instead of scarf. I actually was considering it before this thread but I've only been using this team for a couple of days so far, so not too much thought. The way I see it is that I don't really want to lose my fighting type, nor would I want to make a replacement that costs more than it gives. As unusual as 6 physical attackers could be, if my main problem is physical walls, then I could make a small adjustment without adding a special attacker. Going Guts Hera could give me an answer against Mega Aggron (+ Florges), Chesnaught, and more of an answer against Suicune and Blastoise. What has stopped me from changing sets is Heracross' loss of speed, my team's lacking of a scarfed pokemon, and the damage from status that could quickly drag Hera down. I'm unsure of whether Sharpedo could cover that or having to replace something else for a scarf. The speed drop could end up biting me against anything faster, or it could cover my weaknesses against current threats and add something against stall. Regardless, I definitely am going to give a shot on trying the SD Heracross set! Oh and I completely forgot to put opposing Doublade on the threat list, which you reminded me of. Thanks for that haha, and again for all the help. Let me know what your opinion would be on only switching Heracross' set as well.

Edit: How does SD + Leftovers sound so that Heracross doesn't die too fast?

Vapo
I feel toxicroak would add to the Doublade problem, which isn't much right now but could be huge if half of my team is fodder to it. Without Sucker Punch, Croak can't do anything against it and loses its priority in general. And even with Sucker Punch, it is such an awkward situation, "Do I sucker punch here or don't I?". That was my fault for not having Doublade on the Threat List though, sorry for that!

I also rather not replace Crobat with Mence. I would lose speed, defense, and Toxic. It seems like more problems would come by adding mence, but I'll test it out. Thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
SD + Leftovers is a fine set that I also used and enjoy. My only fear is that you lose out on the Facade boost but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I know you want the speed but you shouldn't worry too much especially since you have Crobat and Sharpedo as speed control, and Doublade checks the fast flying types + Beedrill that can now revenge Heracross. When using Mega Sharpedo on a team I assume the goal is to weaken the team so that Sharpedo can clean, and Scarf Hera just doesn't help enough with that goal

Manipulative

Camila <3
SD + Leftovers is a fine set that I also used and enjoy. My only fear is that you lose out on the Facade boost but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I know you want the speed but you shouldn't worry too much especially since you have Crobat and Sharpedo as speed control, and Doublade checks the fast flying types + Beedrill that can now revenge Heracross. When using Mega Sharpedo on a team I assume the goal is to weaken the team so that Sharpedo can clean, and Scarf Hera just doesn't help enough with that goal
Yeahhh, I guess non-scarf Hera is the way to go. Should be able to deal without having a scarf on my team just fine I assume. A friend suggested to use Return over Facade if I go leftovers, which might be an option. I'm with Toxic Orb right now, going to see whether it pays off or dies too quickly.

Edit:
Also made some slight EV Adjustments to Crobat now. It now runs 240+ Speed for the adamant Mega Beedrills and Jolly Mega Sceptiles, though 0 def and 16 SpD. Edited the OP with these changes (not Heracross yet since I'm still testing that).

2nd Edit:
Changed Crobat's spread yet again to what I thought my team needed. If anyone thinks I'm overlooking anything, need to outspeed something that wasn't mentioned in Crobat's section, or just have a suggestion, let me know.

Last edited:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As others have pointed out you're only allowed to post one RMT every two weeks. I'll have to lock this for now, sorry! I'll reopen it on the 21st.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sup dude, this team looks really fun but weak to two different things that I've noticed, those being Feraligatr and Hydreigon. Feraligatr really doesnt have too much trouble setting up on a couple different members and with just a bit of prior damage on Sharpedo (maybe from a failed sweep attempt of your own) you look to be up shit creek without a paddle. As you mentioned in your threatlist, Hydreigon is another threat that you have trouble with. For this reason, I really want to recommend a switch to Whimsicott somewhere but it really doesn't fit the team as it stands. If you made a couple small tweaks elsewhere I think it could work excellently though. For example, if you threw a Rhyperior over Krookodile, you could maintain Stealth Rocks, snag a secondary fire counter, and add a flying resist. From there, Doublade becomes a lot less crucial to the team and Whimsicott could be an option there. Now it could be a little bit dicey trying to deal with Chandelure, but if you use a slightly different Snorlax set, I believe you could find success.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Roar

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Moonblast
-Giga Drain
-U-Turn
-Encore

OR

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Evs: 236 HP / 160 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
-Moonblast
-Leech Seed / Giga Drain
-U-turn / Stun Spore
-Encore

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Body Slam / Return
- Curse
- Rest
- Earthquake / Crunch

Return could also be subbed over Body Slam to be a more reliable Suicune answer, but with Whimsicott you probably dont need that. Best of luck dude and hopefully my rate wasn't shit!

Manipulative

Camila <3
Thanks for the rate, YABO. Yeah, Gatr could usually end up killing a mon or two if I let it get a free DD off somewhere, so I try to refrain from that. I usually have to play around with Krook to take minimal damage. Unfortunately, I don't think I would want to make any major changes to this team at this point (Swapping the pokemon), rather than just tweak their sets if needed. Krook and Doublade have been great overall, and I personally find replacing them a bit unappealing. Though it would probably be the same for any other pokemon on the team as well haha. Anyways, the proposed Snorlax set is definitely something I would give a try to. I think the reason I haven't is because I have 4 other Pokemon on the team that hold coverage against ghosts, but for some reason, Chandelure and Doublade still aren't as easy to get around as I would want them to be. I'll try out crunch > sleep talk. I appreciate the suggestions, thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)