SM UU She Loves Me (1,000 Likes Celebration)

She Loves Me
1542908943566.png

Hello everyone I’m BackAtYouBro! So I’m honestly surprised at myself that I was capable of amassing over 1,000 likes but it’s a benchmark that I am glad to reach! So to commemorate how far I’ve gotten as a user, I decided to build a strong Balance that tested my teambuilding and showed how much I’ve improved.

She Loves Me is also one of my favorite musicals so check that out too!

So I first began by creating this 3-Mon Army of a Balance Core. Chesnaught is able to set up Spikes and Mega Steelix for Rocks and with these entry hazards combined, Mega Steelix could open up a sweep late-game. Jellicent deals with Infernape and NP Lucario which would otherwise prove to be a nuisance. Mega Steelix is also an amazing Latias answer that the core could’ve also faced struggles with while dealing with the Flying mons in the tier.

Mega Steelix with a Cleric is pretty much a necessity if you want to Curse sweep so it was obvious to whip out the Florges.

Defog felt counterintuitive to this team due to its hazard stacking intentions so I found a Spinner to be far more optimal for my team. I at first was thinking Tsareena but I was quite reluctant in stacking Grasses. So it was between Starmie and Tentacruel and well I have a much more unconventional Starmie set to lure any would be answers.

Finally, I didn’t have a floating mon to alleviate all those Ground type moves and I also felt like I lacked some breaking power so why not use a Specs Hydreigon?

I have trained myself,
Going shelf by shelf,
And I know every item in the store,
Every tube, jar, box, bottle, carton and container,
Where they are,
What they cost,

What they're for,

Try Me (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis
Chesnaught is currently in a really good position in the tier. Despite how bad its defensive typing appears to be, Chesnaught blanket checks quite a few threats in the tier like the new October shift mons like Zeraora and Bisharp and with Bulletproof, it hard walls mons like non Clear Smog Amoongus and Stakataka. Chesnaught is able to be a niche but solid Spikes Setter that can set up on a few mons before having to switch out into another one of my defensive answers. A lot of this is fairly standard on the set but Spiky Shield is also usable over Wood Hammer if you’d like to scout Choice item users.

Come with me, Ilona.
Come with me, cherie.
Misteltoe I long for someone

Please tell me who!
Like some divine divining rod
It points...straight to you.

Ilona (Jellicent) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 174 Def / 82 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
Jellicent preys on a lot of metagame trends currently by capitalizing on how on amazing Fighting types are in the tier and also tends to be an annoyance for fatter builds by clicking Taunt, then Wisp, and if for whatever reason your opponent is still in, Hex. I really like Colbur Berry on Jellicent to lure Pursuit trappers and then burning them to hugely cripple them. Jellicent also can turn to Chesnaught if it needs to absorb a Dark type move.

I'm tingling such delicious tingle,
I'm trembling, what the hell does that mean?
I'm freezing that's because it's cold out.
But still I'm incandescent
And like some adolescent
I'd like to scrawl on ev'ry wall I see
She loves me!

She loves me!!!

She Loves Me (Steelix-Mega) (M) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Mega Steelix has found itself getting chosen over Mega Aggron in quite a few builds due to a few attributes. For starters, Mega Steelix has that secondary Ground typing to absorb Electric moves, it also has a higher Special Defense stat, and it’s even more solid at checking Latias. Mega Steelix also finds itself to be more solid at Curse sweeping than Mega Aggron. Mega Steelix is a solid bulky win condition for this team and is just another fat piece to the puzzle by being my Steel-type.

Ice cream. He brought me ice cream!
Vanilla ice cream! Imagine that!
Ice cream, and for the first time, we were together without a spat!

Vanilla Ice Cream (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell

So if you’re going to use Mega Steelix as your win condition, then you usually want a wish passer as well due to Mega Steelix having no reliable recovery. Florges is my pick because it is the best Wish passer for the job since it doesn’t stack the Fighting weakness with Mega Steelix like Blissey and Umbreon and Sylveon is usually inferior to Florges. Florges not only Wish passes but supports the rest of the team by removing any status that could jeapordize the longevity of my fat mons on this team. I have 96 Speed EVs on this set so that I can outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt.

I wish I knew exactly how I'll act
And what will happen when we dine
Tonight at eight.
I know I'll drop the silverware, but will
I spill the water or the wine

Tonight at eight?

Tonight at Eight (Starmie) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

- Thunder

Starmie has definitely seen better days, but it is my choice of a Rapid Spinner for my team. I decided to get a little crafty with this set and gave it an Electrium Z with Z-Thunder to punish anything that thinks they can safely come in like Empoleon and Mega Blastoise. I also have Protect on this Starmie which I’ve found to be quite useful to scout Choice Scarf users like Krookodile and Hydreigon. This is just a cool Starmie that throws down with anything that attempts to check it.

Call me fool,
That's alright with me.
Here's my rule,
Never disagree.
Where's my pride?
Swallowed long ago.
Deep inside,

Where it doesn't show.

Perspective (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

So to finish the team off, here’s a Hydreigon! Specs Hydreigon is on this team as an immensly strong wallbreaker outside of my Mega Steelix. I felt like my team lacked immediate power and didn’t have a floating mon so of course slapping on a Hydreigon would alleviate both of these issues. Nothing really to say about it just that it’s fairly standard and that it gets the job done.

So that’s the team! One of the biggest issues with this team is that Starmie isn’t really fast enough to be my speed control so I’m lacking in that department but it overall has been fairly solid! Thanks if you read the whole thing to the end here!

Shoutouts:

Ismail I know that we haven’t talked in a while but you were one of the first people who talked and respected me and I really appreciate that!
Juuno JUUNO PLEASE END YOUR HAITUS SOMEDAY I MISS YOU! Anyway, I remember before I really got into the tier when you were quite an active user and were very helpful to many people. You just seem to be a really laid back and nice person to talk to.
Sage Thank you so much for being my tutor and helping me out so much when you had the time. Many blessings to you and everything that will happen to you in the future ^_^
DraconicLepus Interesting how we both began talking to each other when you sent me that Virizion team. You’re a great friend and just a great person in general with a very cute doggo. Thanks for supporting and helping me out even when I felt like quitting this game.
Moutemoute Thanks for testing this team out with me beforehand. I love your builds and the creative turn that you tend to go with them!
vivalospride dingbat You two are just some hilarious users and it’s always a treat to be talking to the both of you. Blessings to the both of you too ^_^
Scizorphobic Sabbio Smallsmallrose Twilight MysticalHaze 5 FRIENDS! But yeah honestly you all are some great people that I’m happy to talk to any time. Glad I helped you out with your Spotlight Mystical! Rip your Sun Unban Sab! Twilight I know we’ve just started talking but honestly I found you to be a really cool dude ever since I saw that Kingdom Hearts RMT. Scizorphobic and Smallsmallrose you’re both two smart and nice users to speak to now and then!

Specs Jigglypuff HJAD Jmash324 tondas I know that I’ve barely really talked to any of you but I enjoy coming on the PU Discord’s voice chat so that I can learn more about the meta from you guys! I’ve always been intrigued by the tier so I’m glad that I can learn and understand it more by going into discussion about it.
Sir Pin StickingGum Yay two new friends! It’s nice to expand outward and meet new people to talk to in other tiers! You both are just fairly chill people and Pin, the Heatmor revolution still marches onward!

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Now without further ado:

Thank you, madam!
Please come again, do come again,
Madam!

Try Me (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis

Ilona (Jellicent) (F) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 174 Def / 82 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

She Loves Me (Steelix-Mega) (M) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Vanilla Ice Cream (Florges) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell

Tonight at Eight (Starmie) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Thunder

Perspective (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Last edited:
Hey, we already talk a little bit about your team in PM but I feel like 2-3 things may be changed !

Firstable :

• Your spread on Jellicent isn't good. Indeed it should be 172 Def and 84 Speed (174 ÷ 4 = 43.5 ≠ 43 or 44 ; 82 ÷ 4 = 20.5 ≠ 20 or 21).
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Secondly :

• I don't think that much Speed on Florges is really usefull because you already have Chesnaught (and Hydreigon to a lesser extent) to deal with Crawdaunt. 44 EV in Speed to outspeed 0 Speed Altaria-Mega is in my opinion enough (even 0 Speed should work too).
Florges (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Finally :

• You should opt for U-Turn > Flash Cannon or Hydreigon because your team lacks of Momentum. You would think that it's not that big of a deal for this kind of Balanced but I feel like it will helps a lot especially vs Stall (which allows you to bring Chesnaught / Steelix-Mega on Blissey's Switch in). Also, I already talk about it in PM but I feel like Choice Scarf > Choice Specs could be useful because your team kinda lacks of Speed.
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)