XY NU Shedinja - The Based Lord.

Hello, My name is Sir Kay and welcome to my first RMT!

Shedinja has been getting quite some hype lately, (Thank you Kiyo) so I thought I'd go ahead and post my team that I have been using. The goal of the team is to get a late game Shedinja sweep going, while also support Shedinja the most it can.

So without further adieu, let's jump into the team.

The Team:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

The based lord himself. This thing is the one pokemon that can break an opponents spirit just by being there, and can single handedly dictate how the game is played. The thing is a monster.

The set is mostly standard except I choose to use Will-O-Wisp over protect, as it lets me burn incoming rocky helmet users or Ferroseed. I don't find myself wanting protect other then to scout if a Mesprit is running HP Fire. You kinda learn to get a feel for what mons carries what moves, and which mons can hurt you.

Xatu (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Xatu is kinda a staple on any Shedinja team, as it's one of the best answers to hazards we have in the tier. I went with the CM set as it gives me an alternate win condition outside of Shedinja. Colbur Berry is my personal item oh choice, as it lets me come in on the likes of Seismitoad and Sandslash without fear of knock off. I use Giga Drain over Heat Wave as I feel that Giga Drain lets me more effectively take on most rock setters.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpD / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Recover

And now we have my faithful spinner, Cryogonal. I saw QoL use a fast bulky Cryogonal a few months ago, and ever since I saw him use it, I've been using it myself. Now this Pokemon seems like an odd fit into the team like this, having a fire and rock weakness. But it's such a reliable of a spinner, and it comes in on things like rotom so Hariyama doesn't have risk the Will'o, and Mismagius.

Now let me talk about the EVs, as they seem to be a bit random.
176 Spe out speeds modest max speed Xatu, modest Lilligant, adamant Leafeon, positive speed natured Mesprit, and 78 speed jolly Gatr. And then the rest are thrown into HP/ Sp.Def for as much special bulk as possible.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Heal Bell

With 2 weak to dark, I needed a solid answer to physical dark type attacks. And Granbull was the natural fit. The EVs are set to maximize physical bulk so I can take on the likes of Liepard and other random knock offs. Fire Punch is there to pressure Vileplume on the switch, and to hit Ferroseed, and heal bell is to get rid of any pesky burns that my team might come into.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Standard Seismitoad is standard. I needed something to take rock type attacks, set hazards, and have good synergy with the team. And Seismitoad seemed to fit this role extremely well. Seismitoad has amazing synergy with Granbull, taking the poison and steel types attacks that Granbull hates. Not much more to say about him, he does his job well.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam
- Fake Out

Now I had one real threat left to cover, and that was fire spam. And honestly Hariyama is one of the best choices we have in the tier to counter out fire spam. Thick fat and AV makes it an amazing special wall, and it's sky high attack lets it take lives. Heavy slam is used in this set to take on CM Slurpuff and nail Granbull on in switch. And fake out lets me chip down offensive teams.

Pastebin of the team: http://pastebin.com/m4szM8Ht

Shout out to DMT for being my inspiration for this team.

Last edited:

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Seen the team in action and always love it

One thing I do notice is standard Leafeon being a huge problem for the squad. While granbull can certainly provide a temporary, Granbull finds itself weakened and pressured throughout most matches nowadays. Sceptile also finds itself in a very favorable matchup against your squad as you're almost forced into sheddy/yama and letting yama take that chip damage can mean the death of you when you're staring down a specs typhlosion. I would personally go for Dragalge > Yama on your team to help with these grass types that are threatening you. Or if you're really attached to Yama, just swap up Giga for Heat Wave so Xatu isn't complete setup fodder.

:^] lookin good buddy.

My only suggestion would be to maybe consider protect over either WoW or SD on shedinja. While both can be very useful on their own, I find that protect is a must need. Being able to protect vs choiced pokes like typhlosion/rotom/sawk/pyroar, and make sure you're not going to switch hariyama into an extrasensory/seismitoad into an HP grass is huge, as well as it lets you scout for rogue knock off users.

That aside, looks like a pretty solid team, I'll have to give it a try some time.

Last edited:
This team is pretty cool man but it needs a lot of changes. Dedicated leads on HO teams such as Lead Rampardos can and Archeops easily shut down your team by guaranteed stealth rocks. That's terrible when you have shedinja in your team. Some quick changes I'm going to suggest are Pelipper > Granbull. Yup that burd. Pelipper is really underrated in this meta and is almost as bulky as Granbull and checks similar things like Gatr, Kanga, Gurdurr etc. It also defog to keep hazards in check along with Cryogonal for that Shedinja sweep you're craving for. Scarf rotom also seems to be a big ass threat so I would suggest Krokorok > Seismitoad (i am insane) since it can also switch into Psychic types . It gets pursuit which can trap rotom without any problem. Here are my suggestions:

Krokorok @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Pelipper @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog

Your're evs are also kinda weird.
------> 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD to deal with fire spam better
------> 248 HP / 44 SpD / 216 Spe no point in putting evs for Adamant Leafeon as most of them run jolly, so evs to outspeed + base 100
-------> 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe outspeeds neutral base 70's, also Heat wave > Giga Drain so klingklang can't set up

Reply when you test it because when I did it was pretty decent :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)