XY Ubers Shedinja's revival!

Yes, your eyes do not deceive you! This Ubers RMT features Shedinja as the main star of this team! While I was laddering for the Gengarite reqs, I got bored very easily. So I wanted to use a team that was different and fun to use while laddering for the COIL. Shedinja was the first thing that came into mind, then I thought, Wynaut build a team with it? (Bu-doosh. Ding!)

Team Building Process:

Shedinja was the main game and challenge of this team, so it became the first obvious member of the team. It's capability to wall almost anything that does not have Toxic/Will-O-Wisp/Super Effective was well noted.

So the second thing that came into mind was to take care of hazards, as Rocks, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes will stop Shedinja cold. Also with Ho-Oh being present in Ubers, as well as EKiller, I needed a check/counter for both of them. So I slapped Arceus-Rock on the team for these three roles.

THE LORD OF THE DARK BACON HIMSELF!!! Shits and giggles aside, I needed a stall breaker that has offensive presence in the tier, Yveltal was ultimately decided for this reason.

So looking at how my team was, Blaziken was a threat unless I had something for it's dual-STABs better than Yveltal. Lugia was immediately slapped onto the team. Also became a back-up Ho-Oh/EKiller check if Rockceus has taken too much damage.

I needed a Cleric so my team is not worn down by Toxic or slowed down by T-Wave, also a Wish Passer if Yveltal could not regain enough HP with Oblivion Wing. Also my team is incredibly weak to Kyurem-White, so Chansey was the immediate and best choice for this team.

As a filler to the team, I threw in a Specially bulky Mawile so it can tank a hit from a +2 Modest HP Fire from Xerneas while out of the the sun. Also as a sweeper if someone is foolish enough to allow it to set-up.

With Some recent changes to the team, I replaced Mawile with Aegislash as a much better and reliable Xerneas check.

Enough waiting, lets get to the sets!

Soul (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Phantom Force
- Shadow Sneak
- Toxic
- Protect

So, the main star to my team. It is a solid Kyogre counter to it's choiced sets and defensive sets. Also check to Xerneas that do not have Hp Fire/Rock Slide. Now the question you are most likely asking here is "Why Toxic over Will-O-Wisp?" One of the main reasons is to catch Ho-Oh on the switch-in as it thinks Shedinja cannot do anything, and any Arceus-Forme (baring Steel/Poison) that expect a free switch-in too. Not to mention it works great with Protect as a scouting move for potential choice locks, and to rack up more Toxic damage. Shadow Sneak is just weak priority if it needs to clean something up. It has Phantom Force to stall more with Toxic, and also as a harder hitting STAB. Shedinja is not aimed to be a sweeper here, it is meant to be defensive. It has max Speed to ensure to outspeed Blissey's or any other slower defensive mons.

Rock-It-Out (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-
Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

The main and biggest partner to Shedinja that I can argue, Rockceus. It is my Ho-Oh check (counter if they do not have EQ,) and EKiller check. It has enough speed investment to out speed base +100 fully invested in speed, basically Mega-Kangas and Rayquazas (which I will most likely use Judgment on anyways.) Will-O-Wisp is to cripple EKillers and said Mega-Kangas, and any mon that is generally slower than 330 speed. It is also important due to Defog, which if I did not have, Shedinja would be a wasted slot.

Darkness (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
-
Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

The dark bacon, yum... Erm, what? I was not daydreaming! Yveltal is my first Mewtwo check in the form of Sucker Punch so I will not get completely steam rolled by it. The Speed investment will always let me out speed Adamant/Modest Max speed base 90's by one point. Taunt is for Stall breaking as my team would take a long time to beat stall without it. Dark Pulse is a mandatory STAB as any offensive Yveltal should have, and Oblivion Wing for the excellent recovery it provides in return.

Storm (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature

- Aeroblast
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Lugia, my favorite stall Pokemon of Ubers. I needed a phazer to be a deterrent to set up. But most importantly I needed a check to Blaziken and it's Mega's STABs. And Toxic>Thunder Wave so I may proceed to wear down the opposing Pokemon as I Roost. Aeroblast has been added to account for aforementioned Blaziken, and for Mewtwo-X.

#NurseJoyLeo (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature

- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

One of the most crucial members of the team, Chansey! I desperately needed Cleric support with Heal Bell for my team, and a Kyurem-W counter/check for my team. It is also a Wish Passer so Mega Mawile has more lasting time as Mawile can get worn down very fast without recovery, and if the other teammates need to get back to full. Protect has been added onto Chansey over Soft-Boiled for more Toxic damage to rack up, and for safe Wish if Chansey needs it.
(If you get the reference of the nickname, you are a boss^^)

Blade (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
-
Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Toxic
- King's Shield

The replacement to M-Mawile and a much better Xerneas check. Also some help to check Zekrom much easier too with the assist of King Shield. Gyro Ball is the obvious move choice to help check GeoXern, and Shadow Sneak to finish off said Xerneas after hitting it. Aegislash is also my to-go Lugia switch in, as it most of the time cannot do anything to Aegi.

---
Threats
---

Zekrom

It's electric STAB Bolt Strike is a pain to take, and if it is the choice banded set it will demolish whatever I bring in. Rockceus can handle it, but once it is gone it becomes a big issue and will get a free kill.

Groudon

In particular the offensive sets give me the most trouble. It's EdgeQuake combination with a SD boost greatly hurts my team and is a problem for that reason.

---
These are all the threats I can think off the top of my head. I will add more in later when I have time.

TEAM IMPORT
Soul (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Toxic
- Protect

Rock-It-Out (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

Darkness (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Storm (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

#NurseJoyLeo (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Blade (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Toxic
- King's Shield

And that is my Shedinja Ubers team. Any feedback and and thoughts on the team is very much appreciated!

Credits to (Users on Showdown:)
STAHP THE HAX - He has joined in for the Shedinja hype and has faced my team.
MKB - Being the first tester of this team and has helped me test many teams, and always there to be a bud.

That is really it. Thanks for rating!
(Me getting the Reqs)
VVV

Last edited:
I remember the ubers team i had with Shedinja had a pressure Lugia with defog...Good times...Nice to see another Shedinja pioneer!

My suggestion is to put Protect over soft boiled. I think it would be a nice replacement since you can wish then protect next turn for recovery. Plus with all the poison your team is spreading around, Protect can be used to wear down foes one turn more!

I'm not sure of its effectiveness but if you find sub on Lugia not really helping, try adding perhaps reflect or light screen? I've found them pretty useful on Lugia!

Good work!

Cool to see another Shedinja team, lol. Based on your 2 first sentences, I bet you haven't seen my RMT'd Shedinja team, which was more stall oriented. Anyways, onto the rate

I think that Shedinja really needs Phantom Force, the reason being that it will break Xerneas sub, which would otherwise be a pain, if you're not prepeared for it. You could always just immeadieatley switch in your Mawile against Xern, but if he takes as much as one move from him, he can't check Xern anymore. I'd also reccomend having Will-o-Wisp on Sheddy, reason being that he can then punis nearly every switch-in, and use it as a last ditch way to cripple a physical attacker, sacrifacing by your sash. Baton Pass is also a pretty cool move, just to get switch advantages against stuff, and you never have to worry about trying to doubble out from a Kyogre.

On a team like this, I would personally opt for the physical defensive Bacon God with Rocky Helmet, just to reliably beat E-Killer, Blaziken and MMX. But that's more of a personal choice, your set has it's merit as well.

About Lugia, the sub set seems cool, but I think it is kinda sub-optimal (pun intended). In the current meta, where Mega Gengar still lurks, Lugia is yet another bait for him. I'd suggest putting Aeroblast on him, mainly to deal good damage on Blaziken/MMX, but also for Gengar. (An interesting idea that I think is worthy of mention is to run Psucho Boost, cleanly OHKO'es both Blaziken and Gengar and deals descent damage to a coupple of things.)

Now Chansey... I know that most people hate this thing with a passion, and they have their reasons, but I'm not entirely like them. Sure, Chansey is bad against any team with MGengar, but she's good against any team that does not have him, so as match-up reliant as this meta is, I think it can be justified a lot of times slapping a Chansey onto a team. However, In a team like this, which already have a coupple of Gengar food without pursuit trapping support, I don't think it's too good of an idea. You should get a Blissey with who can deal with him, either by Shed Shell (highly reccomended, due to escaping Goth) or giving him an attacking move like Fire Blast, Ice Beam or Thunder (tbh, I don't find any of these moves any good)

As you said, swapping Mawile with Aegislash can be really benficial. you'll lose something that can hit hard late game, but being secured against Xern is important, his King's Shield will also make Zekrom's have a slightly harder time against your team, not much tho. Alternatively, you can use a standard Heatran. Shedinja + Heatran beats Xern (not with Entry hazards up, tho) and he gives you Stealth Rocks, which is, even on a team that heavily relies on Defog, a really good move to have, for several reasons. You could also slap on SR on Blissey, but I don't think there's much space for that. Anyways, I think Aegislash would be the best option here.

So yeah, nothing more to suggest, really. Cool team, and an enjoyable read. Good work!

Reactions: hyw
Hello :]

I have but one suggestion. However, I feel that this change can fix the few problems this team has (besides having the very annoying Shedinja, LOL). Anyway, I recommend Mega-Scizor > Mega-Mawile. This will not only provide you with a replacement Xerneas check, but a secondary E-Killer check and Defogger, which any team that uses Shedinja needs more than words can say (If the Xerneas is running HP Fire, Chansey will more than likely be able to handle it.) Here's the set I recommend:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Defog
- Roost

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help :[
Good luck, though!

Cool to see another Shedinja team, lol. Based on your 2 first sentences, I bet you haven't seen my RMT'd Shedinja team, which was more stall oriented. Anyways, onto the rate

I think that Shedinja really needs Phantom Force, the reason being that it will break Xerneas sub, which would otherwise be a pain, if you're not prepeared for it. You could always just immeadieatley switch in your Mawile against Xern, but if he takes as much as one move from him, he can't check Xern anymore. I'd also reccomend having Will-o-Wisp on Sheddy, reason being that he can then punis nearly every switch-in, and use it as a last ditch way to cripple a physical attacker, sacrifacing by your sash. Baton Pass is also a pretty cool move, just to get switch advantages against stuff, and you never have to worry about trying to doubble out from a Kyogre.

On a team like this, I would personally opt for the physical defensive Bacon God with Rocky Helmet, just to reliably beat E-Killer, Blaziken and MMX. But that's more of a personal choice, your set has it's merit as well.

About Lugia, the sub set seems cool, but I think it is kinda sub-optimal (pun intended). In the current meta, where Mega Gengar still lurks, Lugia is yet another bait for him. I'd suggest putting Aeroblast on him, mainly to deal good damage on Blaziken/MMX, but also for Gengar. (An interesting idea that I think is worthy of mention is to run Psucho Boost, cleanly OHKO'es both Blaziken and Gengar and deals descent damage to a coupple of things.)

Now Chansey... I know that most people hate this thing with a passion, and they have their reasons, but I'm not entirely like them. Sure, Chansey is bad against any team with MGengar, but she's good against any team that does not have him, so as match-up reliant as this meta is, I think it can be justified a lot of times slapping a Chansey onto a team. However, In a team like this, which already have a coupple of Gengar food without pursuit trapping support, I don't think it's too good of an idea. You should get a Blissey with who can deal with him, either by Shed Shell (highly reccomended, due to escaping Goth) or giving him an attacking move like Fire Blast, Ice Beam or Thunder (tbh, I don't find any of these moves any good)

As you said, swapping Mawile with Aegislash can be really benficial. you'll lose something that can hit hard late game, but being secured against Xern is important, his King's Shield will also make Zekrom's have a slightly harder time against your team, not much tho. Alternatively, you can use a standard Heatran. Shedinja + Heatran beats Xern (not with Entry hazards up, tho) and he gives you Stealth Rocks, which is, even on a team that heavily relies on Defog, a really good move to have, for several reasons. You could also slap on SR on Blissey, but I don't think there's much space for that. Anyways, I think Aegislash would be the best option here.

So yeah, nothing more to suggest, really. Cool team, and an enjoyable read. Good work!

I have actually had not thought of Phantom Force on Shedinja, I will definitely will replace X-Scissor for a while with it and see how it goes. The Lugia I will also definitely consider using Aeroblast as well as a better option for Blaziken/Mewtwo-X too.

I remember the ubers team i had with Shedinja had a pressure Lugia with defog...Good times...Nice to see another Shedinja pioneer!

My suggestion is to put Protect over soft boiled. I think it would be a nice replacement since you can wish then protect next turn for recovery. Plus with all the poison your team is spreading around, Protect can be used to wear down foes one turn more!

I'm not sure of its effectiveness but if you find sub on Lugia not really helping, try adding perhaps reflect or light screen? I've found them pretty useful on Lugia!

Good work!
Yeah I was considering to have Protect>Soft-Boiled as well. It works when I have both, but I am starting to lean more to Protect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)