Monotype Shelter! A Dual Regenerator Bulky Water Offense!

Ah, alright. You probably seen my other RMT on a Cro-Latias Psychic. So I'll keep it brief. I'm just a humble team builder with lots and lots of time. This will probably by my last RMT before 7th Gen, and maybe over all. So call me Rae, and on wards we go!

Love Disk (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 136 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Mirror Coat / Toxic

With the ability to make everyone rage. This fish has nearly become the face of Stall itself. Thimo amazing stall water showed what this beautiful Luvdisc Mother can do, so I took the interest in making a water that's semi-stall. Over all, the generally EVs was spread out to make her more tanky over all. Standard WishTect (Wish + Protect) comes into play making all of her and her allies healthy as can be, while having an amazing ability to back it up. Scald is primary here to cripple physical attackers, which comes in handy. Mirror Coat, can arguably be replaced with Toxic, but I prefer it for the ability of punishing Special Attackers who are too reckless.

BroMatrix (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Love Disk's partner in crime. BroMatrix. Tottalllyyy original, bruh. No seriously this core surprisingly works well. Now, Slowking is usable over Slowbro, but since I'm leaning more on Bro's ability to check Fighting, Steel, and Fire a bit more. Alrighty, we have the usual set of Scald, Psyshock, Slackoff, and Thunder Wave. Scald's here as the aforementioned to check physical attackers, and over all giving Slowbro more damage over time. Psyshock is here for fighting, poison, and a few sneaky mons who think he will run fire blast. Thunderwave is here for some more speed control, helping Volcanion out throughout the match.

Kennel (Blastoise) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald / Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere / Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

POP! POP! Boom goes the pulse! Seriously, this guy is hella tanky. I mean I'm surprised by the amount of stuff he can live, and the damage he can deal back. In retrospective his ability gives him amazing punching power over all. He doubles my hazard control, and Win Condition vs Psychic, Flying <If Ice Beam>, Steel <With Volcanion/Azu>, and Ghost. Water Pulse is a good option over Scald, if you choose to have a miniature Hydro Pump all the time. While losing out on the chance to Burn. Aura Sphere can be used over Ice Beam to help beat Steel, and Normal. While giving perfect accuracy even if they carry bright powder. Dark Pulse as I mentioned serves as a hole puncher to Psychic, and Ghost. Since Rapid Spin is a MUST, using it against Ghost is a niche option.

Pentatonix (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

I get what you're thinking by the name, and yes I love the band. Got it out of your system? Yay! Now, let's continue on~ Azumarill here, act as my best wall breaker, and priority user. With the gift of HUGE POWER, he's able to give even Kyurem-Black a run for his money. While being a my go to guy for Dragon, Normal, and Dark. He also has perks with types that resist his Aqua Jet. Play Rough is kinda well known for being a secret dragon killer, and as a hard hitting move with a chance to lower my foes attack. Super Power acts as my normal breaker with Blastoise.

Steam Rat (Volcanion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Wave / Earth Power

Ahh, my loyal pet. How I missed ye steam ratter. Having the power to take on Fairy, Steel, Grass, and Gastrodon <If HP Grass>. He acts as my revenge killer, now I thought about Keldeo. But came to the conclusion that Scarf Keldeo is niche, and that the overall bulk + power Volcanion gives as a Scarf is what it seems a lot better for this team. Fire Blast + Sliudge Wave works on nearly all of Fairy, with a few switch ins. Mainly being Diancie, which who doesn't like Steam Eruption. Hidden Power [Grass] is here to make the Gastrodon match up a lot easier for the team.

Yuna Yumsa (Swampert) @ Rindo Berry
EVs: 180 HP / 100 Atk / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Roar

This set is weird, and I agree. My only reasoning is to check Charizard-Y, and Volcarona. Which Swampert here does pretty decently, since they'll mostly go for a Giga Drain/Solar Beam. Enough enoughs into Sdef is to ensure you can live a plus 2 from offensive Volcarona. Typical Stealth Rock is here to act as my lead. Rock Slide can be replaced with Stone Edge, if you don't mind the accuracy down grade, which isn't too bad. Earthquake is here for a easier time with Electric types. While Roar is over all here to make the teams life eaiser with set up sweepers/phasing out sub users.

Depending on its set. Volcarona can deal a huge number on this team. But with Swampert alive, I can live at least a plus two and deal enough damage for Azu to be able to kill with Aqua Jet. But once Swampert falls, it's basically click X. Bulky takes around 60-70% from this Swampert.

Venusaur is nearly the sweeper water never wanted to exist. With my only "check" being Alo with Mirror Coat. It's hard for me to crack him other wise. Because Thick Fat nearly renders Volcanion's Fire Blast useless, but still takes a decent amount of damage from it. You could opt for going for a burn to reduce his health over time, but that's a tad risky with Earthquake being a common thing.

Togekiss here, can be a problem with it's stall breaker/scarf set. While being able to Air Slash hax it's way to victory, but falls short with it's decent defense stat. Nasty plot makes him a HUGE threat to the team as it can Thunder Wave, Roost, and flinch every single mon to death, while doing good damage.

There's a few threats I forgot, because I'm lazy and had to seek iExca's help. A few to note would be Magnezone, which in doubt can punch holes with it's spec/scarf set. Meaning with the ability of having sturdy could prove to a problem in late game. While Mega Heracross can punch holes in the team for not being cautious enough around him. Kyurem-Black renders a large part of my team usless as it carries fusion bolt and a high physical attack stat. With no laughing matter in both of it's sets; band and scarf. Gardevoir's Mega/Hoopa-Unbound can both ruin my defensive back bone as they both get amazing power from stall breaking. Gardevoir on the other hand can make herself bulkier with Calm Mind + Run Will-o-Wisp/Sub to make dealing with her annoying.

Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Mirror Coat

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Roar

Last edited:

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
From what I understood, Choice Scarf Volcanion is mainly for revenge-killing Mega Diancie, as it deals pretty well with the rest of the types you mentioned regardless of what item it's running. However, Mirror Coat Alomomola, Mega Blastoise if healthy, and Azumarill are all able to check Mega Diancie. The change I want to suggest was RestTalk Volcanion > Choice Scarf. This change makes Volcanion a much more reliable check to Grass-types since the Choice Scarf set can get whittled down pretty easily seeing as you have no other Grass switchins. This set not only breaks Grass, but it gives you a more reliable way of beating Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona seeing how Rindo Berry Swampert and Alomomola (which you have to keep nearly at full for it to survive a Solar Beam) are your only checks.

Even though with the change I just suggested you have a check to Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y, you should keep Rindo Berry Swampert because you have no checks to Grass Knot Thundurus. The only suggestion I have is Mirror Coat > Rock Slide for OHKOing Thundurus after you lure it in.
Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 168 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Swampert @ Rindo Berry
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mirror Coat
- Earthquake
- Roar

Hope this helps, good luck!

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Ah, alright. You probably seen my other RMT on a Cro-Latias Psychic. So I'll keep it brief. I'm just a humble team builder with lots and lots of time. This will probably by my last RMT before 7th Gen, and maybe over all. So call me Rae, and on wards we go!

Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Mirror Coat / Toxic

With the ability to make everyone rage. This fish has nearly become the face of Stall itself. Thimo amazing stall water showed what this beautiful Luvdisc Mother can do, so I took the interest in making a water that's semi-stall. Over all, the generally EVs was spread out to make her more tanky over all. Standard WishTect (Wish + Protect) comes into play making all of her and her allies healthy as can be, while having an amazing ability to back it up. Scald is primary here to cripple physical attackers, which comes in handy. Mirror Coat, can arguably be replaced with Toxic, but I prefer it for the ability of punishing Special Attackers who are too reckless.

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Love Disk's partner in crime. BroMatrix. Tottalllyyy original, bruh. No seriously this core surprisingly works well. Now, Slowking is usable over Slowbro, but since I'm leaning more on Bro's ability to check Fighting, Steel, and Fire a bit more. Alrighty, we have the usual set of Scald, Psyshock, Slackoff, and Thunder Wave. Scald's here as the aforementioned to check physical attackers, and over all giving Slowbro more damage over time. Psyshock is here for fighting, poison, and a few sneaky mons who think he will run fire blast. Thunderwave is here for some more speed control, helping Volcanion out throughout the match.

Modest Nature
- Scald / Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere / Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

POP! POP! Boom goes the pulse! Seriously, this guy is hella tanky. I mean I'm surprised by the amount of stuff he can live, and the damage he can deal back. In retrospective his ability gives him amazing punching power over all. He doubles my hazard control, and Win Condition vs Psychic, Flying <If Ice Beam>, Steel <With Volcanion/Azu>, and Ghost. Water Pulse is a good option over Scald, if you choose to have a miniature Hydro Pump all the time. While losing out on the chance to Burn. Aura Sphere can be used over Ice Beam to help beat Steel, and Normal. While giving perfect accuracy even if they carry bright powder. Dark Pulse as I mentioned serves as a hole puncher to Psychic, and Ghost. Since Rapid Spin is a MUST, using it against Ghost is a niche option.

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

I get what you're thinking by the name, and yes I love the band. Got it out of your system? Yay! Now, let's continue on~ Azumarill here, act as my best wall breaker, and priority user. With the gift of HUGE POWER, he's able to give even Kyurem-Black a run for his money. While being a my go to guy for Dragon, Normal, and Dark. He also has perks with types that resist his Aqua Jet. Play Rough is kinda well known for being a secret dragon killer, and as a hard hitting move with a chance to lower my foes attack. Super Power acts as my normal breaker with Blastoise.

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Wave / Earth Power

Ahh, my loyal pet. How I missed ye steam ratter. Having the power to take on Fairy, Steel, Grass, and Gastrodon <If HP Grass>. He acts as my revenge killer, now I thought about Keldeo. But came to the conclusion that Scarf Keldeo is niche, and that the overall bulk + power Volcanion gives as a Scarf is what it seems a lot better for this team. Fire Blast + Sliudge Wave works on nearly all of Fairy, with a few switch ins. Mainly being Diancie, which who doesn't like Steam Eruption. Hidden Power [Grass] is here to make the Gastrodon match up a lot easier for the team.

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Roar

This set is weird, and I agree. My only reasoning is to check Charizard-Y, and Volcarona. Which Swampert here does pretty decently, since they'll mostly go for a Giga Drain/Solar Beam. Enough enoughs into Sdef is to ensure you can live a plus 2 from offensive Volcarona. Typical Stealth Rock is here to act as my lead. Rock Slide can be replaced with Stone Edge, if you don't mind the accuracy down grade, which isn't too bad. Earthquake is here for a easier time with Electric types. While Roar is over all here to make the teams life eaiser with set up sweepers/phasing out sub users.

Depending on its set. Volcarona can deal a huge number on this team. But with Swampert alive, I can live at least a plus two and deal enough damage for Azu to be able to kill with Aqua Jet. But once Swampert falls, it's basically click X. Bulky takes around 60-70% from this Swampert.

Venusaur is nearly the sweeper water never wanted to exist. With my only "check" being Alo with Mirror Coat. It's hard for me to crack him other wise. Because Thick Fat nearly renders Volcanion's Fire Blast useless, but still takes a decent amount of damage from it. You could opt for going for a burn to reduce his health over time, but that's a tad risky with Earthquake being a common thing.

Togekiss here, can be a problem with it's stall breaker/scarf set. While being able to Air Slash hax it's way to victory, but falls short with it's decent defense stat. Nasty plot makes him a HUGE threat to the team as it can Thunder Wave, Roost, and flinch every single mon to death, while doing good damage.

Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Mirror Coat

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Roar

Hey Aehzo, cool team. I have a few minor suggestions to the team.

On Swampert since you are running Rindo Berry I would suggest using Mirror Coat -> Rock Slide as it can also take down Volcarona with Mirror Coat. Since Rindo Berry isn't a very common item on Swampert it probably will be clicking Giga Drain if it has it to take out Swampert. Also it lures in and ohkoes threats such as Grass Knot Thundurus, Mega Venusaur and Mega Charizard Y.

On Swampert since you can run Mirror Coat to abuse the rindo berry I would suggest using Toxic -> Mirror Coat 100% of the time. Toxic allows the team to chip and stall out Setup Sweepers with Wish and Toxic which can be greatly supported with Swampert's ability to phaze out setup sweepers and general threats.

Since this team is already slow and can't really take advantage of Thunder Wave I would suggest running Calm Mind -> Thunder Wave. This set allows you to take advantage of the natural bulk and Toxic user that the team provides. 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD -> 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA allows Slowbro to switchin to a Keldeos Hydro Pump with rocks and setup Calm Minds while maximizing Slowbro's physical bulk. Thus makes Slowbro a nice special cleaner which this team lacks taking great advantage of its defensive teammates and Toxic on Alomomola.

Blastoise overall seems like a solid option for the team as it can clear hazards and provides good coverage. My changes to Blastoise really aren't anything you didnt have but to have those 4 moves on it all the time. Scald, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse and Rapid Spin. Scald while less powerful than Water Pulse has the 30% chance to burn the opponent which is very useful for the bulky team as it can help chip Pokemon the team has a hard time dealing with. Ice Beam -> Aura Sphere because you lack a way to really hit bulky Flying types such as Zapdos which do a number on the team also the team has fighting coverage in superpower Azumarill.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Swampert) @ Rindo Berry
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mirror Coat
- Earthquake
- Roar

Last edited:
Hello! The Excadrill and Balor managed to cover up everything really well and i'm not going to repeat what they said. I have one main suggestion, however.

I suggest Choice Specs Keldeo over Volcanion. Choice Specs Keldeo forms a fantastic wallbreaking core along with Azumarill and is definitely the best special wallbreaker available to Water teams. Implementing this change will make your matchup vs. Flying and Normal teams much easier. Unfortunately it will make it harder to break through Fairy teams but I believe the change is worth it. (Scarf Volcanion fails to break through most well played Grass teams so I did not mention that)
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
By the way, the 40 Attack EVs are used on Volcanion to get a guaranteed OHKO on Mega Charizard Y, with Rock Slide. Seeing as you lack that, I don't think there's any point in not running max special attack. Good luck and cool team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)