move 1: Spore
move 2: Moonblast
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Strength Sap
item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers
ability: Effect Spore
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4spdf
Shiinotic has a very small niche in the metagame as a defensive Grass-type, however Shiinotic faces stiff competition from the likes of Vileplume who has superior Physical bulk, a Toxic immunity, Corrosive Gas and more. Shiinotic has a few advantages over Vileplume. lack of a psychic weakness helps versus Barreskewda's Psychic Fangs, Dragon Dance Necrozma, and Raikou's Extrasensory, Dark resistance is useful versus Sharpedo handling all non Ice Beam variants, while the Ground resistance and Dragon immunity allow it to counter Flygon and Regidrago. Strength Sap is Shiinotics primary form of recovery that also lowers the opponents attack stat. Spore being a reliable Sleep move over Sleep Powder is useful in thwarting set up sweepers like Toxtricity and Dragon Dance Necrozma. Heavy-Duty Boots are the preferable item to relive Shiinotic of hazard pressure especially important as it invites in Roserade who lays Spikes.

Shiinotic is helpless versus Poison-types like Roserade and Vileplume, to answer them Crobat, Chandelure, and Registeel can fill this role. Shiinotic is especially vulnerable to Chandelure making Incineroar, Porygon2, Umbreon, and Snorlax good teammates. In return Shiinotic is able to check Fighting-types like Mienshao and Pangoro. Rhyperior, Diancie, and Gastrodon can check other Fire-types like Darmanitan and Salazzle for Shiinotic. Shiinotic being able to reliably check Barreskewda is appreciated by Pokemon such as Rhyperior, Steelix, and Diancie. In return these Pokemon answer Flying-types like Togekiss, Crobat, and Noivern for Shiinotic. Shiinotic's weakness to Steel-types such as Metagross and Steelix making Bulky Water-type Pokemon like Milotic and Gastrodon effective teammates, and in return they appreciate the check to Xurkitree and Zarude. Shiinotic is easily crippled by Toxic from Raikou and Seismitoad making Heal bell and Aromatherapy users such as Diancie, Togekiss, and Umbreon recommended. Shiinotic often absorbs Knock Off making it hazard vulnerable, Defog support Flygon, Crobat, and Talonflame can help with this vulnerability.

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shiinotic: 116-136 (35.8 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shiinotic: 237-280 (73.1 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
AM Check. Remove, [Comments], Add. chose what u want to implement.
:shiinotic:
SET]
name: Physically defensive
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Shiinotic has a small niche very specific defensive quality's that give it an extremely small niche within the metagame in the RU tier as a defensive pivot. However, Shiinotic faces very stiff competition from the likes of primarily Vileplume who has overall better superior Physical physical [I don't think u capitalize physical] bulk, Poison immunity [capitalized poison for u], lack of a poison weakness [you kinda already said this in the last example], and Corrosive Gas and more. Shiinotic's also has a few advantages over Vileplume such as come as follows , a lack of a Psychic weakness, Shiinotic's lack of a Psychic weakness which is helpful VS versus Psychic Fangs Barreskewda's Psychic Fangs which would hit Vileplume, while resisting Ground-type attacks from Flygon, Rhyperior, and Seismitoad.[I would also mention how it doesn't have to worry about missing spore unlike vileplume does with sleep powder.] Shiinotics Dark resistance Over Vileplume is useful VS Sharpedo handling all non Ice beam variants and countering Zarude better. [its not like vileplume loses to either of them]. Shiinotics Ground Resistance means it is able to counter Flygon. Spore being an accurate sleep move lets it reliably thwart set up Pokemon unlike Sleep Powder users. [moved this up] Shiinotic runs physically defense as the pokemon its tasked with checking are mainly physical attackers like Mienshao, Zarude and Barreskewda. [Mention what spore helps with]Moonblast improves Shiinotic's matchup against common threats such as Zarude, Mienshao, and Obstagoon. Strength Sap is Shiinotic's main recovery move and allows it to lower the Attack stat of physical attackers. Shiinotic can run Heavy-Duty Boots, so it doesn't take unnecessary hazard damage, allowing it to preserve Strenght Sap PP. Shiinotic has the option to run Leftovers over Heavy-Duty Boots, so it can get passive recovery, but it will get worn down pretty quickly. Shiinotic's EVs enable it to avoid a 2HKO from Stone Edge by Mienshao, while being able to live a +2 Photon Geyser from physical Necrozma after Stealth Rocks.[I explained most of the set for u, next time don't forget to do this!]

Due to
Shiinotic's 4x weakness to Poison-type attacks, it becomes super vulnerable to Pokemon such as Roserade, Galarian Weezing, and Vileplume. is completely Vulnrable to Roserade so having Roserade answers is nesesary. Crobat, Talonflame Registeel [Talon doesn't like sludge bomb and cant switching to em], and Chandelure fill this role can help aid Shiinotic against these threats. Registeel also forms a good defensive core with Shiinotic while being able to set up entry hazards. an Also,[Added comma] Shiinotic is also completly vunrable super vulnerable [L2Spell, ik sometimes are slip ups but u cant keep making the same mistake] to Fire-types such as Chandelure, Incineroar, and Darmantain, countermeasures consist of Pokemon such as Incineroar, Gastrodon, and Seismitoad. answers to it like Incineroar, Snorlax, and Porygon2 are very needed. Shiinotic being able to reliably check Barreskewda as a Grass-Type is appreciated by Pokemon such as Rhyperior, Steelix, and Talonflame.[Mention what they provide for shiinotic.] This is useful as most other Grass-Types aren't reliable Barresewda Checks.

For teammates paragraph mention these:
Mention hazard removal, since its a knock off absorber
Mention its flying weakness
Mention how it is easily crippled by status
Mention answers to steel types.

YOO Shiinotic is TRASH. i need to EV it to guranteed live a nuetral hit.
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shiinotic: 116-136 (35.8 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shiinotic: 237-280 (73.1 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
U have quite a bit of work I suggest u put this back in wip, hopefully my corrections are able to put this analysis up to par. If you have any question, yk where to hollar at me. When u fix the issues u can put it back in qc.

Last edited:
Thanks Aquarius Ghost ❤ impliminted many of your advised changes.
Vilelpume does lose to specail Sharpedo as LO Dark pulse can 2hko. Sharpedo does want to run LO CC because that is able to OHKO zarude so non Ice beam is very realistic. Ground resistance over Vileplume is really only helpful vs Flygon as Plume handles the other Ground types fine. Also it isn't enough to have a check to fire types you need a check to Chandelure. Moonblast does not diffentiate shinotics zarude MU from vileplume and its only notable vs Umbreon and Obstagoon and i dont see that as worth mentoning.
Am aware it needs a bit more pruning so i intend to do so
252+ SpA Life Orb Sharpedo Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vileplume: 165-195 (46.6 - 55%) -- 68.8% chance to 2HKO

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
Thanks Aquarius Ghost ❤ impliminted many of your advised changes.
Vilelpume does lose to specail Sharpedo as LO Dark pulse can 2hko. Sharpedo does want to run LO CC because that can OHKO zarude so non Ice beam is very realistic. Ground resistance over Vileplume is really only helpful vs Flygon as Plume handles the other Ground types fine. Also it isn't enough to have a check to fire types you need a check to Chandelure. Moonblast does not diffentiate shinotics zarude MU from vileplume and its only notable vs Umbreon and Obstagoon and i dont see that as worth mentoning.
Am aware it needs a bit more pruning so i intend to do so
252+ SpA Life Orb Sharpedo Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vileplume: 165-195 (46.6 - 55%) -- 68.8% chance to 2HKO
well, you would need to get the flinch off to beat the plume. u never really switch anything in vs sharpedo, more so sack smth, and bring a check-in. The ground resistance part is what u mentioned look over the am check again, i just moved it up and made it flow better. (Shiinotics Ground Resistance means it is able to counter Flygon. ) the fire types part is chandelure not a fire type? last time I checked shiinotic loses to incin and darm, I did mention some checks for u such as incin for chandy, gastro for darm, and toad for incin. the moonblast part why does vileplume come into this? no one said that since it has moonblast it has an edge over vileplume, I was just explaining the set moves and what they hit.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
green means to add, red = remove, blue are comments, while purple means i want you to streamline the sentences.
[SET]
name: Physically defensive
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4spdf
Shiinotic has a very small niche in the metagame as a defensive Grass-type, However (no capital) Shiinotic faces stiff competition from the likes of Vileplume who has superior Physical bulk, a Toxic immunity, Corrosive Gas and more. Shiinotic's advantages over Vileplume are such as, (bit weird wording) lack of a psychic weakness helps versus Barreskewda's Psychic Fangs, Dragon Dance Necrozma, and Raikou's Extrasensory, Dark resistance is useful versus Sharpedo handling all non Ice beam (capitalize) variants. While the Ground resistance and Dragon immunity allow it to counter Flygon and Regidrago. Strength Sap is Shiinotics primary form of recovery that also lowers the opponents attack stat. Spore being a reliable Sleep move over Sleep Powder is useful in thwarting set up sweepers like Toxtricity and Dragon Dance Necrozma. Heavy-Duty Boots are the preferd (typo) item to Shiinotic of Hazard pressure especially as likely to sponge Knock off making them more useful than Leftovers in most situations (reword, emphasis on immunity to spikes (roserade comes in for free)).

Shiinotic's Poison Weakness makes it Vulnrable (typo) to Poison-types like Roserade and Vileplume Pokemon such as Crobat, Chandelure, and Registeel can thwart theses Poison-Types. Shiinotic is vulnerable to Fire-types but especially Chandelure Incineroar, Snorlax, and Porygon2 can answer Chandelure. Rhyperior, Diancie, and Gastrodon can check other Fire-types like Darmanitan, and Salazzle for Shiinotic and as they are all fighting weak they appreciate Shiinotic as a Fighting check. Shiinotic being able to reliably check Barreskewda as a Grass-Type is appreciated by Pokemon such as Rhyperior, Steelix, and Diancie (this sentence is great, try to make the whole paragraph like this). In return these Pokemon answer Flying-types like Togekiss, Crobat, and Noivern for Shiinotic. Shiinotic is weak to to Steel-Types like Metagross and Steelix. Bulky Water-type pokemon like Milotic and Gastrodon can check the steels and in return they apprecaite the check to Xurkitree, Zarude and Raikou. Shiinotic is easily crippled by Status Toxic from pokemon its supposed to swap into Like Raikou, Heal bell and Aromatherapy users like Diancie, Togekiss and Umbreon can help fix this. Since Shiinotic often absorbs Knock off its than weak to hazards which means it wants Hazard removal Rapid Spin Starmie, Defog Crobat and Defog Flygon can all fill this role.

lmk when you finish and hmu on disc/here/ps for qc1

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Locking since Shiinotic was unranked in the most recent VR update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)