is a Contributor to Smogon
Shine: an ORAS Pure Hackmons RMT
1. Introduction
2. Proof of Peak
3. Team and Description
4. Teambuilding Process
5. Importable

1. Introduction

Recently I shared my take on Shadow Tag Spam HO in ORAS PH, but since then I've been experimenting and built a new team I'd like to share with everyone. This team is much more consistent than my HO, but due to its lack of a Mold Breaker user is still fairly offensive in nature. The team was built around Wonder Guard Mega Gardevoir at the suggestion of Daylight but after playing a few games with it, I quickly realized that this team had the potential to do well on ladder and be RMT worthy, and, it turned out I was correct.

2. Proof of Peak
1107B926-81FE-4A52-ACE5-AAE391424180.jpeg
3DF05D7D-32B1-4886-B0A6-277FACC70926.jpeg

3. Team and Description

American Boy (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Choice Band
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Fusion Bolt
- Sacred Fire
- Precipice Blades

Despite being built around Mega Gardevoir, Shadow Tag Mega Mewtwo X was actually the first Pokemon I added to the team, as I was waiting for Daylight to send me the Mega Gardevoir set. As for why I chose Shadow Tag MMX in the first place, I'm a big fan of Shadow Tag user + Wonder Guard Shell Smash user, and MMX is obviously the Shadow Tag part of that combo on this team. Drain Punch is a strong STAB move that also hits the large amount of of Dark-, Normal-, and Steel-type Pokemon in the meta including Mega Gyarados, Dialga, Mega Lucario, Slaking, and Regigigas. Precipice Blades hits the ubiquitos Primal Grounon much harder than Thousand Arrows, having a chance to OHKO even max HP sets. Sacred Fire severely damages the large amount of Steel-types in the meta such as Mega Scizor, Mega Lucario, and Genesect, as well as Mega Beedrill. Finally, Fusion Bolt hits Primal Kyogre and Gyarados, and its MMX's best option vs Mega Rayquaza.

Shine (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Moonblast
- Gastro Acid

As stated above this is the Pokemon the team was built around. Completing the Wonder Guard Shell Smash + Shadow Tag combo I've come to love so much, Wonder Guard Mega Gardevoir is an amazing wincon, especially in the current meta where everyone and their mother is using Xerneas. WIth Iron Plate Judgement, the set is Imposter-proof and is able to OHKO a large portion of the meta once it has set up. Gastro Acid can possibly be replaced with Secret Sword to better deal with Wonder Guard Blissey, but I have found the utility that Gastro Acid provides to be more helpful in the long run.

In the Rain (Gyarados-Mega) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Water Shuriken
- Pursuit
- Gastro Acid

Huge Power Mega Gyarados serves the role of the team's main revenge killer, revenging common threats such as Primal Groudon, Mega Diancie, and Mega Gengar. Knock Off pressures every non Wonder Guard Pokemon with large damage and the loss of their item. While Pursuit creates many awkward 50/50s vs Giratina and Choice item users locked into a move Gyarados can tank. Water Shuriken is the move I click most often, as its +1 priority is what allows Mega Gyarados to be such an effective revenge killer. Gastro Acid is an amazing utility move, able to remove a opposing Pokemon's Wonder Guard on a predicted switch in, allowing Mega Gyarados to hit them with its powerful moves. I also experimented with Sucker Punch instead of Gastro Acid, but similarly to on Mega Gardevoir, I found the utility Gastro Acid provided to be more valuable.

Pretty Please (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Glare
- Recover
- Encore

What to say about Giratina, I could ramble on and on but it's all already been said. Giratina is all but a requirment for every non-hyper offense team in PH, it blanket checks most physical attackers, provides a consistent way to deal damage to Wonder Guard, and it great and stopping SubPass chains. The moveset is very very standard, except I opted for Glare over other options such as Will-O-Wisp and Destiny Bond as I have preferred it more recently. Glare is much better vs special attackers and Primal Groudon, which I decided on being more helpful than burning opposing Pokemon.

Magnificent (Xerneas) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- King's Shield
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Xerneas is pretty much my go-to Wonder Guard (shocking I know) and this team was no exception. Since Giratina is not running Will-O-Wisp, I opted for King's Shield on Xerneas to make the matchup vs Huge Power Pokemon like MMX and Regigigas a little easier. The rest of set is very straightforward, this Xerneas just does what Xerneas does. It's incredibly annoying to play vs and threatens the many Dragon-types in the tier.

Come Over (Scizor-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Recover
- Defog
- Baton Pass

Wrapping up the team is a Support Wonder Guard Scizor, giving the team hazard control and clerical support. Scizor is a great partner for Xerneas as it is immune to the Poison-type moves and resists the Steel-type moves that threaten Xerneas. I've been told to run Shed Shell over Goggles, but Shadow Tag is fake and I can just outplay I simply don't care and haven't had any issues with Shadow tag yet.

4. Teambuilding Process

:gardevoir-mega:
As I said earlier, I asked Daylight for a cool Pokemon to build a team around and they suggested Mega Gardevoir.

:gardevoir-mega::mewtwo-mega-x:
As everyone knows from my first RMT, I love my Shadow Tag users and this team is no exception. MMX was an obvious choice to help deal with the Wonder Guard users that Gardevoir struggles vs.

:gardevoir-mega::mewtwo-mega-x::gyarados-mega:
This slot would've been a Shadow Tag or Huge Power Regigigas, but I wanted to branch out and use a different revenge killer, so I landed on Mega Gyarados.

:gardevoir-mega::mewtwo-mega-x::gyarados-mega::giratina:
I could have grouped the last 3 Pokemon on the team together, but I knew I was going to user Giratina slightly before I chose my Wonder Guards.

:gardevoir-mega::mewtwo-mega-x::gyarados-mega::giratina::xerneas::scizor-mega:
I like choosing my Wonder Guards together for whatever reason, and my favorite pair right now is Xerneas and Mega Scizor, so those were the 2 I used.

And that's it for the teambuilding, I realize it was kinda short but this whole team kinda fit together and building it was very linear and easy.

5. Importable

https://pokepast.es/ab29e294502aae5a - With Nicknames
https://pokepast.es/b0efd77454ad62f1 - Without Nicknames

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)