Short/Long Descriptions are now on the Dex

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Courtesy chaos, short and long descriptions for moves, items, and abilities are now on the Dex.

What this means is that there is now a short description, which is what is seen here:

http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/moves/

and a long description, which is seen here:

http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/moves/absorb/

What this means is that we can now add more detailed intricacies for moves such as Substitute and Protect without overstretching the page on the move list, and gives us a nice section to list Z-move Base Powers and effects for status moves on their individual move pages. There's also room to add other information as deemed necessary.

What I need from you guys is, more in-depth descriptions for the following moves:

Ally Switch
Aromatherapy
Assist
Assurance (Base Power scaling)
Baton Pass
Beat Up (Base Power scaling)
Burn Up
Copycat
Crafty Shield
Crush Grip (Base Power scaling)

Defog
Detect
Dive

Echoed Voice (Base Power scaling)
Electric Terrain
Electrify
Electro Ball (Base Power scaling)
Embargo

Endure
Eruption
Feint
Fire Pledge
First Impression

Flail (Base Power scaling)
Fling (Base Power scaling)
Fly
Forest's Curse
Freeze-Dry
Frustration (Base Power scaling)
Gastro Acid
Grass Pledge
Grassy Terrain
Gravity

Gyro Ball (Base Power scaling)
Heal Bell
Heal Block
Healing Wish
Heat Crash (Base Power scaling)
Heavy Slam (Base Power scaling)
Ion Deluge
King's Shield

Low Kick (Base Power scaling)
Lunar Dance
Magic Coat

Magic Room
Magnitude (Base Power scaling)
Mat Block
Metronome
Mimic
Misty Terrain
Moongeist Beam
Moonlight
Morning Sun
Natural Gift
Nature Power
Payback

Phantom Force
Play Nice
Pluck
Powder
Present
Protect
Psychic Terrain

Psywave
Purify
Quick Guard
Rapid Spin
Recycle
Reflect Type
Reversal (Base Power scaling)
Roar
Role Play

Safeguard
Secret Power
Shadow Force
Shell Trap
Shore Up

Simple Beam
Skill Swap
Sky Drop
Sleep Talk
Smack Down
Snatch
Soak
Spectral Thief
Spikes
Spiky Shield
Spit Up

Stealth Rock
Sticky Web
Stockpile
Stomping Tantrum
Stored Power
Strength Sap
Substitute
Sunsteel Strike
Swallow
Switcheroo

Synchronoise
Synthesis
Taunt
Telekinesis
Thousand Arrows
Throat Chop
Toxic Spikes
Trick
Trick-or-Treat
Trump Card
Water Pledge
Water Spout
Weather Ball
Whirlwind
Wide Guard
Wonder Room
Worry Seed
Wring Out (Base Power scaling)

There are also a ton of abilities and items that need better and more in-depth descriptions but for now those are going to be secondary to better descriptions for moves. If you feel there are other moves that need a better description, this is the place to update it.

How to help:

Simply write out a small paragraph that summarizes all of the moves effects/intricacies in an efficient manner. If you think your move needs a table to help describe its Base Power scaling, I can eventually help with that, right now the important part is the information.

Example:

Defog
shortdescription: Lowers the target's evasion by one stage. Removes various field effects.
description: Lowers the target's evasion by one stage. Removes Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Sticky Web, Light Screen, Reflect, Aurora Veil, Mist, and Safeguard from both sides of the field.

Thanks for the help guys!

If any Site Staff holders have any further questions please feel free to PM me on how to further help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I wrote a few of these earlier. FYI I decided to give the moves with Base Power scaling tables since I think it's the most clean and orderly way to present the information, I hope you don't mind.

Trick Switches items with the target. Fails if the user or target is carrying a Mega Stone, a Z-Crystal, has the ability Sticky Hold, or is behind a Substitute. Trick also fails when used against certain Pokemon carrying specific items, namely Arceus holding a Plate, Giratina holding a Griseous Orb, Silvally holding a Memory, and Genesect holding a Drive. Z-Trick also raises Speed by 2.

Sky Drop Brings the target into the air ignoring redirection effects from the moves Follow Me, Rage Powder, and Spotlight on the first turn it’s used preventing the target from attacking and making both the user and the target untargetable before dealing damage on the second turn. Fails if the target is behind a Substitute, weights 200kg or more, or while the field is being affected by Gravity. Additionally, Sky Drop will not damage Flying-types upon returning to the ground but will damage Pokemon with the ability Levitate.

While the user and target are in the air both are still vulnerable to the moves Gust, Twister, Hurricane, Thunder, Smack Down, Sky Uppercut, and Thousand Arrows as well as moves boosted by No Guard. Although the user can be hit by Smack Down and Thousand Arrows during the semi-invulnerable turn of Sky Drop neither move will cancel the effect of Sky Drop or apply the Smack Down condition. Supersonic Skystrike Base Power - 120

Weather Ball Doubles its Base Power and changes type depending on the active weather condition becoming Fire-type if it’s sunny, Water-type if it’s raining, Rock-type during a sandstorm, and Ice-type if it’s hailing. Breakneck Blitz Base Power - 160

Spit Up Scales in Base Power depending on the number of times the user has used Stockpile. Spit Up deals 100 damage if Stockpile has been used once, 200 damage if it has been used twice, and 300 Damage if it has been used three times. Spit Up resets the user’s Stockpile count removing all boosts to Defense and Special Defense gained by using the move. Breakneck Blitz Base Power - 100

Magnitude Deals varying damage based on a random value from 4 to 10, 4 being the weakest and 10 being the strongest. Each Magnitude value has a different percentage chance of occurring. Tectonic Rage Base Power - 160

Code:
<table style="width:50%">
<tr>
<th>Magnitude</th>
<th>Probability</th>
<th>Base Power</th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>4</td>
<td>5%</td>
<td>10</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>5</td>
<td>10%</td>
<td>30</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>6</td>
<td>20%</td>
<td>50</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>7</td>
<td>50%</td>
<td>70</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>8</td>
<td>20%</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>9</td>
<td>10%</td>
<td>110</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>10</td>
<td>5%</td>
<td>150</td>
</tr>
</table>
Crush Grip Deals varying damage based on the target’s current HP dealing more damage the lower a foe’s HP is.

The formula for damage calculation is 120 x (Target’s current HP / Target’s maximum HP). Breakneck Blitz Base Power - 190

Wring Out Deals varying damage based on the target’s current HP dealing more damage the lower a foe’s HP is.

The formula for damage calculation is 120 x (Target’s current HP / Target’s maximum HP). Breakneck Blitz Base Power - 190

Reversal Deals more damage the lower the user’s HP is. All-Out Pummeling Base Power - 160

Code:
<tr>
<th>HP Percentage</th>
<th>Base Power</th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>70.1-100</td>
<td>20</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>70-35.1</td>
<td>40</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>20.1-35</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>10.1-20</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>4.1-10</td>
<td>150</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>0-4</td>
<td>200</td>
</tr>
</table>
Substitute Expends 1/4 of the user's maximum HP to create a damage blocking substitute which can be broken by dealing damage equal to 1/4 of the user's HP or more. While behind a substitute the user cannot be afflicted by status conditions or have its stats lowered and will only take be affected by the moves After You, Aromatic Mist, Attract, Bestow, Conversion 2, Curse, Defog, Destiny Bond, Disable, Encore, Fairy Lock, Foresight, Gear Up, Grudge, Guard Swap, Haze, Heart Swap, Helping Hand, Hold Hands, Hyperspace Fury, Hyperspace Hole, Imprison, Instruct, Magnetic Flux, Me First, Mimic, Miracle Eye, Odor Sleuth, Play Nice, Powder, Power Swap, Psych Up, Reflect Type, Role Play, Sketch, Skill Swap, Snatch, Spectral Thief, Speed Swap, Spite, Taunt, Torment, Whirlwind and only take damage from sound-based moves, Pokemon with the ability Infiltrator, and recoil. Z-Substitute also eliminates the user's negative stat changes.

Switcheroo: Switches items with the foe. Fails if the user or target is carrying a Mega Stone, a Z-Crystal, has the ability Sticky Hold, or is behind a Substitute. Switcheroo also fails when used against certain Pokemon carrying specific items, namely Arceus holding a Plate, Giratina holding a Griseous Orb, Silvally holding a Memory, and Genesect holding a Drive. Z-Switcheroo also raises Speed by 2.

Water Spout Deals varying damage based on the user's current HP dealing more damage the higher the user's HP is.

The formula for damage calculation is 150 x (Target’s current HP / Target’s maximum HP). Hydro Vortex Base Power - 190

Eruption Deals varying damage based on the user's current HP dealing more damage the higher the user's HP is.

The formula for damage calculation is 150 x (Target’s current HP / Target’s maximum HP). Inferno Overdrive Base Power - 190

This is all I have now but I'll be working on more soon. If I made any mistakes please notify me and I'll fix them.

Last edited:
Toxic Spikes: Sets up a hazard that applies poison to any opponent that switches in on them. 1 layer applies regular poison and 2 layers applies Toxic. Toxic Spikes are removed by Defog or Rapid Spin, or when a grounded Poison-type switches in on them. Z-Toxic Spikes also gives the user +1 Defense.

Trick-or-Treat: Applies the Ghost-type to the target's type, also giving all weaknesses and resistances of that typing. Z-Trick-or-Treat also raises Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by 1.

Forrest's Curse: Applies the Grass-type to the target's type, also giving all weaknesses and resistances of that typing. Z-Forrest's Curse also raises Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by 1.

Rapid Spin: Clears Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes from the users side. Breakneck Blitz Base Power - 100

Healing Wish: KOes the user but heals the next Pokemon to switch in of all status conditions and fully restores its HP. This move has no Z-move forme.

Doom Desire: KOes the user but heals the next Pokemon to switch in of all status conditions and fully restores its HP. This move has no Z-move forme.

Spikes: Sets up a hazard that applies damage based on the amount set. using this move multiple times increases the amount of hazards set up to 3. 1 Spike deals 1/8 of a foe's HP, 2 Spikes deal 1/6, and 3 Spikes deal 1/4. Z-Spikes also raises the users Defense.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
GP'd and uploaded all of the above two posts, hope that's okay Oglemi. I didn't want to risk making the tables myself because I have no experience doing so in YAML, but the rest of the edits are done.

For the future, I think it makes sense to keep the first sentence of the long description as similar as possible to the short description, but thanks for the help guys!

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Html tables unfortunately won't show up correctly on the new dex, you'll need to do it in markdown for it to display properly.

Thanks for the work so far guys!

Did the remaining 2 turn moves

Fly: Takes 2 turns. On the first turn the user is invulnerable to all attacks except for Sky Uppercut, any attack from a No Guard user, or attacks after Lock-On or Mind Reader. On the second turn the user strikes dealing damage. Supersonic Skystrike Base Power - 175

Bounce: Takes 2 turns. On the first turn the user is invulnerable to all attacks except for Sky Uppercut, any attack from a No Guard user, or attacks after Lock-On or Mind Reader. On the second turn the user strikes dealing damage. Supersonic Skystrike Base Power - 160

Sky Attack: Takes 2 turns. On the first turn the user charges up its attack. On the second turn the user strikes dealing damage. Supersonic Skystrike Base Power - 200

Dive: Takes 2 turns. On the first turn the user is invulnerable to all attacks except for Surf, any attack from a No Guard user, or attacks after Lock-On or Mind Reader. Surf's power is doubled upon hitting an underwater target. On the second turn the user strikes dealing damage. Hydro Vortex Base Power - 160

Dig: Takes 2 turns. On the first turn the user is invulnerable to all attacks except for Earthquake, any attack from a No Guard user, or attacks after Lock-On or Mind Reader. Earthquake's power is doubled upon hitting an underground target. On the second turn the user strikes dealing damage. Tectonic Rage Base Power - 160

btw Pilo forgot Sky Drop is hit by Sky Uppercut in doubles and triples.

Last edited:

Pilo

uses walther
Thanks for the heads up Drew, don't forget to add the Base Power of the Z variations of Fly, Bounce, Dive, and Dig. Now here are a few more descriptions:

Psychic Terrain Sets up Psychic Terrain which effects grounded Pokemon for 5 turns. While Psychic Terrain is active affected Pokemon are immune to priority moves and their Psychic-type moves deal 1.5 times more damage. Z-Psychic Terrain also raises Special Attack by One

Grassy Terrain Sets up Grassy Terrain which effects grounded Pokemon for 5 turns. While Grassy Terrain is active the damage of the moves Earthquake, Magnitude, and Bulldoze is halved and affected Pokemon's Grass-type moves deal 1.5 times more damage. Z-Grassy Terrain also raises Defense by 1.

Electric Terrain Sets up Electric Terrain which effects grounded Pokemon for 5 turns. While Electric Terrain is active affected Pokemon cannot be put to sleep and their Electric-type moves deal 1.5 times more damage. Z-Electric Terrain also raises Speed by 1.

Misty Terrain Sets up Electric Terrain which effects grounded Pokemon for 5 turns. While Misty Terrain is active the power of Dragon-type moves is weakened and affected Pokemon cannot be afflicted by status conditions. Z-Misty Terrain also raises Special Defense.

Shell Trap Sets a trap at the beginning of the turn, if the user is hit with a physical attack during the same turn it uses the move it will deal damage to all adjacent opponents. Inferno Overdrive Base Power - 200

Shore Up Heals the user variably based on the active weather condition. Shore Up restores 1/2 of the user's HP when no weather condition is active and 2/3 during a sandstorm. Z-Shore Up also eliminates the user's negative stat changes.

Synthesis Heals the user variably based on the active weather condition. Synthesis restores 1/2 of the user's Hp when no weather conditions is active, 2/3 while it's sunny, and 1/4 during a sandstorm or while it's raining or hailing. Z-Synthesis also eliminates the user's negative stat changes.

Heal Bell cures the status conditions of all Pokemon on the user's team except for those with the ability Soundproof. Z-Heal Bell also restores all of the user's HP.

Aromatherapy cures the status conditions of all Pokemon on the user's team except for those with the ability Sap Sipper. If an active Pokemon with the ability Sap Sipper is affected by Aromatherapy its Attack will be raised by one stage. Z-Aromatherapy also restores all of the user's HP.

Stored Power Deals increasing damage as the user accumulates stat boosts. Each positive stat change raises the Base Power of the move by 20 up to a maximum of 860, negative stat changes do not affect Base Power. Shattered Psyche Base Power - 160

Purify Can cure a target of its status condition. If a status condition is cured 1/2 of the user's HP will be restored. Z-Purify also raises Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by 1.

Powder Affects a target the turn it's used dissipating once the turn is over. If the affected Pokemon uses a Fire-type move it will fail and that Pokemon will take damage equal to 1/4 of their maximum HP. Z-Powder also raises Special Defense by 2.

Thousand Arrows Knocks Pokemon that it hits out of the air making them susceptible to Ground-type moves. Able to hit Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with the ability Levitate. Tectonic Rage Base Power - 180

Smack Down Knocks Pokemon that it hits out of the air making them susceptible to Ground-type moves. Continental Crush Base Power - 100

Also if I could address talkingtree and Oglemi briefly I have a few things to say.

talkingtree thanks for uploading my stuff, I edited it a bit so please have a look at it when you're free and implement the changes as you see fit.

Oglemi What are your thoughts on displaying Z-move effects and Base Powers in their own boxes separate from the description? I think it's a huge plus presentability wise and it helps organize the information a bit more practically so people who are just skimming the page can get the information they need more quickly.

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
Oglemi What are your thoughts on displaying Z-move effects and Base Powers in their own boxes separate from the description? I think it's a huge plus presentability wise and it helps organize the information a bit more practically so people who are just skimming the page can get the information they need more quickly.
Like I said, right now the info is the important part. We'll play around with things once we get that done :) I agree presentability needs some work

Weather based recovery:

Morning Sun: Recovers 1/2 of the users HP under no weather conditions, 2/3 in sun, and 1/4 in hail, rain, or sand. Z-Morning Sun resets all stats.

Shore Up: Recovers 1/2 of the users HP under no weather conditions, 2/3 in sand, and 1/4 in hail, rain, or sun. Z-Shore Up resets all stats.

Moonlight: Recovers 1/2 of the users HP under no weather conditions, 2/3 in sun, and 1/4 in hail, rain, or sand. Z-Moonlight resets all stats.

Synthesis: Recovers 1/2 of the users HP under no weather conditions, 2/3 in sun, and 1/4 in hail, rain, or sand. Z-Synthesis resets all stats.

Btw can someone go through and check off all finished moves

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I've updated through all of the above posts. I only have mod powers in DOU C&C, not SM Analyses as a whole, so I can't check off moves as I update, sorry :/

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shore Up: Recovers 1/2 of the users HP under no weather conditions, 2/3 in sand, and 1/4 in hail, rain, or sun. Z-Shore Up resets all stats.
Would like to point out that Shore Up is not affected by any weather other than sand; it restores the normal 1/2 in hail, rain, and sun.

Would like to point out that Shore Up is not affected by any weather other than sand; it restores the normal 1/2 in hail, rain, and sun.
My b

Also Sky Uppercut

Sky Uppercut: Can hit a target on the charge up turn of Fly, Bounce, or Sky Drop.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
crossed out all of the moves that were done so far, thanks guys

also heads-up but colons actually are fair game, as long as the description is bracketed off by quotes in the on-dex file, so please use those when specifying the z-move powers.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ally Switch: +2 priority. In double and triple battles, the user swaps places with the Pokemon opposite it on its own side of the field. If the central Pokemon attempts to use this move in triple battles, the move fails. Z-Ally Switch boosts its user's Speed stat by 2 stages.

Assurance: If the target has taken any damage prior to the move's use, including self-inflicted damage such as that from Life Orb, recoil-inducing moves, or confusion, this move deals double damage. Black Hole Eclipse Base Power - 120

Baton Pass: The user switches out and passes any stat boosts, volatile battle statuses, and volatile conditions excluding Infatuation to the recipient. Secondary effects of moves, such as Defense Curl doubling Rollout damage, are not passed, and the user is not damaged by Pursuit as they switch out. Z-Baton Pass resets all lowered stats to 0.

Feint: +3 priority. The effects of single-target protection are lifted on the move's target, and the effects of multiple-target protection are lifted on the target's side of the field. Breakneck Blitz Base Power - 100

I might do more of these later when I have a little more time.

Pilo

uses walther
Heavy Slam Deals damage variably based on the weight of both the user and the target dealing more damage the heavier the user is than the target. Corkscrew Crash Base Power - 160
Code:
<table style ="width:50%">
<th>Weight Relative to the Target (%)</th>
<th>Base Power</th>
<tr>
<td>< 20</td>
<td>120</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>20-25</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>25-33</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>33-50</td>
<td>60</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>> 50</td>
<td>40</td>
</tr>
</table>
Heat Crash Deals damage variably based on the weight of both the user and the target dealing more damage the heavier the user is than the target. Inferno Overdrive Base Power - 160
Code:
<table style ="width:50%">
<th>Weight Relative to the Target (%)</th>
<th>Base Power</th>
<tr>
<td>< 20</td>
<td>120</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>20-25</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>25-33</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>33-50</td>
<td>60</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>> 50</td>
<td>40</td>
</tr>
</table>
Return Deals more damage the more Happiness the user has. Return's Damage formula is Base Power = Pokemon's Happiness / 2.5 allowing it it reach a maximum of 102 Base Power when the user's Happiness is highest. Breakneck Blitz Base Power - 160

Frustration Deals more damage the less Happiness the user has. Frustration's Damage formula is Base Power = (255 - Pokemon's Happiness) / 2.5 allowing it reach a maximum of 102 Base Power when the user's Happiness is lowest. Breakneck Blitz Base Power - 160

Role Play Copies the target's ability replacing the user's. Role Play will fail if the user's ability is Battle Bond, Comatose, Disguise, Flower Gift, Forecast, Illusion, Imposter, Power of Alchemy, Receiver, RKS System, Schooling, Shields Down, Stance Change, Trace, Wonder Guard, or Zen Mode. Z-Role Play also raises Speed by 1.

Whirlwind Forces the opponent to switch into a random Pokemon. Pokemon under the effects of Ingrain or with the ability Suction Cups are not affected. Priority -6. Z-Whirlwind also raises Special Defense by 1.

Roar Forces the opponent to switch into a random Pokemon. Pokemon under the effects of Ingrain or with the abilities Suction Cups and Soundproof are not affected. Priority -6. Z-Roar also raises Defense by 1.

Burn Up Using Burn Up removes the user's Fire typing until it switches out. If the user has no typing besides Fire it will become typeless. Burn Up will fail if the user is not Fire-type. Inferno Overdrive Base Power - 195

Soak Changes the target's type to Water until said target switches out. Soak will fail if used on a Pokemon with the ability Multitype or on a Pokemon behind a Substitute. Z-Soak also raises Special Attack by 1.

Copycat Uses the last move used in the battle failing if no move has been used yet. If Z-Copycat is used it will raise Accuracy by 1 and the copied move will become a Z-move corresponding to whatever was copied.

Grass Pledge When used in conjunction with an ally's Water Pledge the attack of the ally moving first will have a Base Power of 150 and the ally moving second will not attack. Instead, a swamp will appear on the opposite side of the field for four turns lowering the Speed of all opposing Pokemon.

When used in conjunction with an ally's Fire Pledge the attack of the ally moving first will have a Base Power of 150 and the ally moving second will not attack. Instead, a sea of fire appears on the opposite side of the field for four turns damaging all non Fire-type Pokemon. Bloom Doom Base Power - 160

Water Pledge When used in conjunction with an ally's Fire Pledge the attack of the ally moving first will have a Base Power of 150 and the ally moving second will not attack. Instead, a rainbow will appear on your side of the field for four turns doubling the chance of secondary effects occurring. The effects of the rainbow do not stack with Serene Grace.

When used in conjunction with an ally's Grass Pledge the attack of the ally moving first will have a Base Power of 150 and the ally moving second will not attack. Instead, a swamp will appear on the opposite side of the field for four turns lowering the Speed of all opposing Pokemon. Hydro Vortex Base Power - 160

Fire Pledge When used in conjunction with an ally's Grass Pledge the attack of the ally moving first will have a Base Power of 150 and the ally moving second will not attack. Instead, a sea of fire appears on the opposite side of the field for four turns damaging all non Fire-type Pokemon.

When used in conjunction with an ally's Water Pledge the attack of the ally moving first will have a Base Power of 150 and the ally moving second will not attack. Instead, a rainbow will appear on your side of the field for four turns doubling the chance of secondary effects occurring. The effects of the rainbow do not stack with Serene Grace. Inferno Overdrive Base Power - 160

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Encore
Forces the target to use the move it last used for the next three turns. Fails if the target has not yet made a move, if the target's last move has 0 PP remaining, or if the target's last move was a Z-Move such as Breakneck Blitz. The effect of Encore will immediately end when the encored move runs out of PP. A Pokemon under the effect of encore will always be able to use its Z-Move if it has one, regardless of what move it is locked into. Z-Encore also raises Speed by 1.

It's not on your list but it has a special interaction with z-moves that I think is worth mentioning

talkingtree

large if factual
Found out Freeze-Dry is already done. Magnitude and Reversal's tables still need to be added, so idk if you want to change how moves are crossed out but we should avoid skipping over them.

Also, I added all of the above - aside from Heavy Slam and Heat Crash's tables. Thanks for all the help everyone, and a special shoutout to The Dutch Plumberjack for helping me through some weird syntax issues / build errors that come with using newlines in descriptions

Pilo

uses walther
Assist Uses a random move from the user's team regardless of whether or not a Pokemon has fainted. Assist is unable to use the moves Assist, Belch, Bounce, Chatter, Circle Throw, Copycat, Counter, Covet, Destiny Bond, Detect, Dig, Dive, Dragon Tail, Endure, Feint, Fly, Focus Punch, Follow Me, Helping Hand, King's Shield, Mat Block, Metronome, Mimic, Mirror Coat, Mirror Move, Nature Power, Phantom Force, Protect, Roar, Shadow Force, Sketch, Sky Drop, Sleep Talk, Snatch, Spiky Shield, Struggle, Switcheroo, Thief, Transform, Trick, or Whirlwind. Z-Assist has no additional effect but will call a Z-move to use corresponding the the move it chooses.

Secret Power 30% chance of inducing a variable secondary effect which changes based on the terrain. During a regular link battle or while Electric Terrain is active Secret Power has a chance to paralyze the target, while Psychic Terrain is active Secret Power has a chance to lower the target's Speed by 1, while Grassy Terrain is active Secret Power has a chance to put the target to sleep, and while Misty Terrain is active Secret Power has a chance to lower the target's Special Attack by 1. Break Neck Blitz Base Power - 140

Sunsteel Strike Ignores the target's ability while dealing damage. Corkscrew Crash Base Power - 180

Moongeist Beam Ignores the target's ability while dealing damage. Never-Ending Nightmare Base Power - 180

Trump Card Deals more damage the lower the move's PP gets, bypasses the accuracy check. Breakneck Blitz Base Power - 160
Code:
<th>PP</th>
<th>Base Power</th>
<tr>
<td>> 4</td>
<td>40</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>3</td>
<td>50</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>2</td>
<td>60</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>1</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>0</td>
<td>200</td>
</tr>
</table>
Stomping Tantrum Deals double damage if the user's last move failed, this does not include the moves Baneful Bunker, Crafty Shield, Detect, Endure, King's Shield, Mat Block, Protect, and Spiky Shield. Tectonic Rage Base Power - 140

Recycle Restores the last item the user used, this doesn't include Burst Air Balloons or Berries that have been destroyed or stolen by the moves Incinerate, Bug Bite, and Pluck. Z-Recycle also raises Speed by 2.

Present Deals variable damage randomly and also has a chance to heal the target - Breakneck Blitz Base Power - 100
Code:
<th>Probability</th>
<th>Base Power</th>
<tr>
<td>40%</td>
<td>40</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>30%</td>
<td>50</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>10%</td>
<td>60</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>20%</td>
<td>Heals 1/4 of the target's HP</td>
</tr>
</table>
Spectral Thief Steals the target's stat boosts before dealing damage. This effect can bypass Substitutes. Never-Ending Nightmare Base Power - 175

Mimic Copies the move last used by the target replacing Mimic's move slot with a 5 PP version of the copied move until the user switches out. Mimic cannot copy Struggle. Z-Mimic also raises Accuracy by 1

Throat Chop Damages and prevents the target from using sound-based moves for two turns. Pokemon behind a Substitute are not affected. Black Hole Eclipse Base Power - 160

Metronome Randomly selects and uses a move. Metronome cannot select the moves After You, Assist, Bestow, Chatter, Copycat, Counter, Covet, Destiny Bond, Detect, Endure, Feint, Focus Punch, Follow Me, Freeze Shock, Helping Hand, Ice Burn, Me First, Mimic, Mirror Coat, Mirror Move, Nature Power, Protect, Quash, Quick Guard, Rage Powder, Relic Song, Secret Sword, Sketch Normal, Sleep Talk, Snarl, Snatch, Snore, Struggle, Switcheroo, Techno Blast, Thief, Transform, Trick, V-create, and Wide Guard. Z-Metronome uses a Z-Move corresponding to the move that was selected.

Electrify If the user moves first Electrify changes the type of the target's move to Electric during the turn it's used. Z-Electrify also raises Special Attack by 1.

Electro Ball Deals more damage the higher the user's Speed is compared to the target's. Gigavolt Havoc Base Power - 160
Code:
<th>Target's Speed relative to the user's (%)</th>
<th>Base Power</th>
<tr>
<td>> 100</td>
<td>40</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>50-100</td>
<td>60</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>33.34-50</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>25-33.33</td>
<td>120</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><25</td>
<td>150</td>
</tr>
</table>
Beat Up Attacks once for every Pokemon on the user's team that has not fainted and is not affected by a status condition. The formula for the Base Power of each hit is User's Base Attack / 10 + 5, Beat Up uses this formula for each hit changing the variable to correspond to the base attack stat of each Pokemon on the user's team. Black Hole Eclipse Base Power - 100

Gravity For 5 turns all Pokemon on the field lose immunity to Ground-type moves and are unable to use the moves Bounce, Fly, Flying Press, High Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Magnet Rise, Sky Drop, and Telekinesis. While Gravity is active all moves have their Accuracy multiplied by 5/3. Z-Gravity also raises Special Attack by 1.

Lunar Dance Causes the user to faint. The replacement is fully healed and has its PP restored too. Lunar Dance has no Z-effect.

Pluck The user consumes the target's Berry instantly activating it regardless of its HP except for in the case of resistance Berries. Pluck cannot consume Jaboca Berries which will damage the user before it can consume them and will not steal Berries from Pokemon with the ability Stick Hold. Supersonic Skystrike Base Power - 120

Nature Power Transforms into a different attack based on the terrain. Nature Power transforms into Tri Attack during a link battle, Thunderbolt while Electric Terrain is active, Energy Ball while Grassy Terrain is active, Psychic while Psychic Terrain is active, and Moonblast while Misty Terrain is active. Z-Nature Power has no additional effect but will call a Z-move to use corresponding the the move it transforms into.

Gastro Acid Nullifies the target's ability until it switches out. The abilities Battle Bond, Comatose, Disguise, Multitype, Power Construct, RKS System, Schooling, Shields Down, and Stance Change cannot be nullified. Z-Gastro Acid also raises Speed by 1.

Worry Seed Changes the target's ability to Insomnia. The abilities Battle Bond, Comatose, Disguise, Multitype, Power Construct, RKS System, Schooling, Shields Down, Stance Change, and Truant cannot be changed. Z-Worry Seed also raises Speed by 1.

Payback Base Power doubles if the user moves after the target. Black Hole Eclipse Base Power - 100

Ion Deluge All following Normal-type moves Become Electric-type during the turn this move is used. Priority +1. Z-Ion Deluge also raises Special Attack by 1.

Here's Shadow Force since I forgot it earlier.

Shadow Force: Takes 2 turns. On the first turn the user is invulnerable to all attacks except for those from a No Guard user or attacks after Lock-On or Mind Reader. On the second turn the user strikes dealing damage, even through Protect and Detect. Never-Ending Nightmare Base Power - 190.

Also edited my post on other 2 turn moves

talkingtree

large if factual
Did all of the above, just a couple of notes:
  • Secret Power mechanics are not something I'm familiar with pre-XY, so if anyone knows/has the ability to test that on cart please fill in descriptions for past gens
  • Similarly, I was only able to fill in detailed descriptions for XY and SM Nature Power, not RS, DP, or BW
  • Couldn't add the table for Trump Card, Present, or Electro Ball
  • **To future contributors**: When discussing Z-Moves, please say "__ __ Base Power: 175" or "Z-Effect: Raises __ by one/two stage(s)" or something similar. As TDP pointed out, colons are perfectly alright in descriptions so long as they're enclosed in quotation marks, and it's much easier for me to add quotation marks each time than go back and change every entry already on-site. Sticking to this format will make it much easier for me to retain a standard format.
Please don't edit past posts that contain moves I've already uploaded; it's very difficult to figure out / remember what has changed since I last worked on them. I know that continuity is nice for combining similar moves in the same post, but it's far easier to get the info uploaded faster when it's all in new posts.

Pilo

uses walther
Magic Coat Reflects most targetable status moves back at the user of the move. This includes entry hazards, moves that inflict status conditions, moves that lower stats, and certain miscellaneous status moves like Taunt and Torment. Priority +4. Z-Effect: +2 Speed

Wonder Room Swaps the Defense and Special Defense of all active Pokemon for 5 turns disregarding stat changes. If Wonder Room is used again while its field effect is still active the effect will end. Z-Effect: +1 Special Defense

Stockpile Raises the user's Defense and Special Defense 1 stage and increases the user's Stockpile count by 1 up to a maximum of 3. Once the user's Stockpile count has reached 3 Stockpile will fail until the count is reset by switching out or using one of the moves Swallow or Spit Up. Z-Effect: Restores all of the user's HP

Swallow Healing scales depending on the number of times the user has used Stockpile. Swallow heals 1/4 of the user's HP if Stockpile has been used once, 1/2 if Stockpile has been used twice, and fully restores the user's HP if Stockpile has been used 3 times. Swallow resets the user’s Stockpile count removing all boosts to Defense and Special Defense gained by using the move. Z-Effect: Removes the user's negative stat changes.

Embargo Prevents the target from using its held item for 5 turns. Embargo disables item-reliant moves such as Fling and Natural Gift and cannot prevent Pokemon from using Mega Stones or Z-Crystals. Z-Effect +1 Special Attack.

Natural Gift Base Power and type depend on the user's Berry. Consequently Natural Gift cannot be used if the user is suffering from the effects of Embargo, Klutz, Magic Room, or Unnerve. Breakneck Blitz Base Power: 160
Code:
<th>Berry</th>
<th>Type</th>
<th>Base Power</th>
<tr>
<td>Cheri Berry</td>
<td>Fire</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Chesto Berry</td>
<td>Water</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Pecha Berry</td>
<td>Electric</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Rawst Berry</td>
<td>Grass</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Aspear Berry</td>
<td>Ice</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Leppa Berry</td>
<td>Fighting</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Oran Berry</td>
<td>Poison</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Persim Berry</td>
<td>Ground</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Lum Berry</td>
<td>Flying</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Sitrus Berry</td>
<td>Psychic</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Figy Berry</td>
<td>Bug</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Wiki Berry</td>
<td>Rock</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Mago Berry</td>
<td>Ghost</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Aguav Berry</td>
<td>Dragon</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Iapapa Berry</td>
<td>Dark</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Razz Berry</td>
<td>Steel</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Roseli Berry</td>
<td>Fairy</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Occa Berry</td>
<td>Fire</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Passho Berry</td>
<td>Water</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Wacan Berry</td>
<td>Electric</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Rido Berry</td>
<td>Grass</td>
<td>80/td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Yache Berry</td>
<td>Ice</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Chople Berry</td>
<td>Fighting</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Kebia Berry</td>
<td>Poison</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Shuca Berry</td>
<td>Ground</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Coba Berry</td>
<td>Flying</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Payapa Berry</td>
<td>Psychic</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Tanga Berry</td>
<td>Bug</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Charti Berry</td>
<td>Rock</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Kasib Berry</td>
<td>Ghost</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Haban Berry</td>
<td>Dragon</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Colbur Berry</td>
<td>Dark</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Babiri Berry</td>
<td>Steel</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Chilan Berry</td>
<td>Normal</td>
<td>80</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Bluk Berry</td>
<td>Fire</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Nanab Berry</td>
<td>Water</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Wepear Berry</td>
<td>Electric</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Pinap Berry</td>
<td>Grass</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Pomeg Berry</td>
<td>Ice</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Kelpsy Berry</td>
<td>Fighting</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Qualot Berry</td>
<td>Poison</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Hondew Berry</td>
<td>Ground</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Grepa Berry</td>
<td>Flying</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Tomato Berry</td>
<td>Psychic</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Cornn Berry</td>
<td>Bug</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Magost Berry</td>
<td>Rock</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Rabuta Berry</td>
<td>Ghost</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Nomel Berry</td>
<td>Dragon</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Spelon Berry</td>
<td>Dark</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Pamtre Berry</td>
<td>Steel</td>
<td>90</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Wamel Berry</td>
<td>Fire</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Durin Berry</td>
<td>Water</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Belue Berry</td>
<td>Electric</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Liechi Berry</td>
<td>Grass</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Ganlon Berry</td>
<td>Ice</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Salac Berry</td>
<td>Fighting</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Petaya Berry</td>
<td>Poison</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Apicot Berry</td>
<td>Ground</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Lansat Berry</td>
<td>Flying</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Starf Berry</td>
<td>Psychic</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Enigma Berry</td>
<td>Bug</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Micle Berry</td>
<td>Rock</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Custap Berry</td>
<td>Ghost</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Jaboca Berry</td>
<td>Dragon</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Rowap Berry</td>
<td>Dark</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Maranga Berry</td>
<td>Dark</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Kee Berry</td>
<td>Fairy</td>
<td>100</td>
</tr>

Pilo

uses walther
King's Shield Protects the user from all attacks barring status moves for a turn. Pokemon that make contact with the user while it's protected by King's Shield will have their Attack lowered by two stages. If used by an Aegislash with the ability Stance Change King's Shield will cause immediate transformation into Shield Forme regardless of whether or not the move succeeds. Priority +3. Consecutive use of King's Shield or use of the move directly after the use of Detect, Endure, Protect, Spiky Shield, Wide Guard, or Quick Guard cuts the move's success rate down to 33% capping at a minimum of 0.1%. Z-Moves are able to pass through King's Shield but only deal 25% of their original damage. Z-Effect: Removes the user's negative stat changes.

Protect Protects the user from all attacks for a turn. Priority +3. Consecutive use of Protect or use of the move directly after the use of Detect, Endure, King's Shield, Spiky Shield, Wide Guard, or Quick Guard cuts the move's success rate down to 33% capping at a minimum of 0.1%. Z-Moves are able to pass through Protect but only deal 25% of their original damage. Z-Effect: Removes the user's negative stat changes.

Detect Protects the user from all attacks for a turn. Priority +3. Consecutive use of Detect or use of Detect directly after the use of Endure, King's Shield, Protect, Spiky Shield, Wide Guard, or Quick Guard cuts the move's success rate down to 33% capping at a minimum of 0.1%. Z-Moves are able to pass through Detect but only deal 25% of their original damage. Z-Effect: +1 Evasion

Spiky Shield Protects the user from all attacks for a turn. Pokemon that make contact with the user while it's protected by Spiky Shield will take damage equal to 1/8 of their maximum HP. Priority +3. Consecutive use of Spiky Shield or use of the move directly after the use of Detect, Endure, King's Shield, Protect, Wide Guard, or Quick Guard cuts the move's success rate down to 33% capping at a minimum of 0.1%. Z-Moves are able to pass through Spiky Shield but only deal 25% of their original damage. Z-Effect: +1 Defense

First Impression Only works on the first turn the user is sent out. Priority +2. Savage Spin-Out Base Power: 175

Quick Guard Protects the user and its allies from all priority attacks barring Feint. If Quick Guard is broken by Feint it will no longer protect the user or its allies from priority attacks. Priority +3. Quick Guard can be use consecutively without failing but use of Quick Guard lowers the chances of Detect, Endure, King's Shield, Protect, and Spiky Shield succeeding. Z-Effect: +1 Defense

Wide Guard Protects the user and its allies from all multi-target attacks. If Wide Guard is broken by Feint, Hyperspace Fury, Hyperspace Hole, Phantom Force, or Shadow Force it will no longer protect the user or its allies from multi-target attacks. Priority +3. Wide Guard can be use consecutively without failing but use of Wide Guard lowers the chances of Detect, Endure, King's Shield, Protect, and Spiky Shield succeeding. Z-Effect: +1 Defense

Crafty Shield Protects the user and its allies from all status moves barring Perish Song for a turn. If Crafty Shield is broken by Feint, Hyperspace Fury, Hyperspace Hole, Phantom Force, or Shadow Force it will no longer protect the user or its allies from status moves. Priority +3. Z-Effect +1 Special Defense.

Mat Block Protects the user and its allies from all attacks succeeding the move's use. Only works on the first turn the user is sent out. If Mat Block is broken by Feint, Hyperspace Fury, Hyperspace Hole, Phantom Force, or Shadow Force it will no longer protect the user or its allies from attacks. Z-Effect: +1 Defense

Reflect Type The user becomes the same type as the target. This includes type changes caused by the moves Camouflage, Conversion, Conversion 2, Forest's Curse, Soak, or Trick-or-Treat and by the abilities Color Change and Protean. Notably, Reflect Type will fail if the target has been rendered typeless by Burn Up or has the ability Multitype. Reflect Type also ignores Illusion copying the type of the disguised Pokemon instead of the Pokemon the target is disguised as. Z-Effect: +1 Special Attack

Strength Sap Heals the user an amount equal to the target's Attack stat before lowering the target's Attack by 1. Strength Sap will fail if the target's Attack is -6 but will still heal even if the target isn't affected by the stat drop. Strength Sap gains a 30% healing boost when the user is holding a Big Root and the user will take damage if Strength Sap is used on a Pokemon with the ability Liquid Ooze. Z-Effect: +1 Defense

Telekinesis Affects the target for 3 turns causing all attacks against the target with the exception of OHKO moves to bypass the accuracy check and making the target immune to Ground-type moves and the ability Arena Trap. If the target uses the move Ingrain, is given the item Iron Ball, or is affected by one of the moves Gravity, Thousand Arrows, or Smack Down the effect of Telekinesis ends. If the user is already affected by one of the above then Telekinesis cannot be used. Z-Effect: +1 Special Attack

I'm not exactly sure how much Wide Guard and Quick Guard cut the success rate of protection moves so I would appreciate that information if anyone knows. If a C&C mod could also update the op that would be fantastic.

Last edited:

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sky Drop's description is bad.

- Against Flying-type Pokemon, the move does no damage upon returning to the ground. (Damages Pokemon with Levitate)
- It doesn't work while Gravity is active. If activated while in the air, both pokemon will return to the ground. (In gen 5 a bug exists where the target never returns to the ground, hence why it's banned in gen 5 wifi).
- This move ignores all forms of redirection (Follow Me, Rage Powder, Spotlight)
- If hit by smack down while in the air, the pokemon will not return to the ground, nor be inflicted by the "smack down" status. (not sure about thousand arrows)
- Fails against Substitutes

Im sure there's a bunch more of these that are bad but this was the first one i found and it was frustrating how much was left out so i wanted to post this first. will look at the others later.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)