Showdown Art Room Contest: Ability Shift

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SolarisFox is also judging

We will announce winners when it's time gods. Im really sorry for making you all wait so long. Between his college/social life and my work/social life we've gotten really busy in the past few weeks.

My scoring is done for the most part but i think he wanted me to go over a few more to decide which one was ze best. So wehn he's available, then we can tell you all who won.

Dont bug him please, he's kinda busy. And hold horses ^^;;

SolarisFox is also judging

We will announce winners when it's time gods. Im really sorry for making you all wait so long. Between his college/social life and my work/social life we've gotten really busy in the past few weeks.

My scoring is done for the most part but i think he wanted me to go over a few more to decide which one was ze best. So wehn he's available, then we can tell you all who won.

Dont bug him please, he's kinda busy. And hold horses ^^;;
u sayin u waNA tUssle

Anthiese

formerly Jac
From the mouth of the Fox

Entries have finally been scored, and I will now present you the winners!

Winning third place with his/her lovely use of bright colors and adorable interaction between Pokemon is Dokkiish ! Illuminate Glaceon & Forecast Floette were both excellently expressed, scoring him/her 85.5/100 points.

In second comes another piece also featuring colors, but this one much fluffier: Nerina s Color Change Altaria turned out absolutely gorgeous and is well deserving of it's 89.5/100 points.

Finally in first comes the entry favorited by many, one in which captured the very essence of the contest, creating a design that was simple but highly effective in expressing the ability, and one of the most adorable entries to boot (not to mention it was all done on traditional medium!): Astara 's Flowergift Vulpix, scoring an outstanding 92.5/100 points.

Congratulations to all our winners, and a special thanks to everyone who entered.

Honorable mentions go to:
HaxorDrako's Dark Aura Swampert,
Eriduurpp's Magic Bounce Tentecruel, and
PLasmaghost's Moody Mega-Ampharos. All of whom were very close to winning third.
Bernoid's Mummy Arceus was also up there with it's clever comparison between Arceus and WINGED DRAGON OF RA.
Finally hiddenpowerice deserves special recognition, for not only coming close to winning with 1 entry, but for coming close with 3 all in drastically different styles. Even though you didn't score the highest, the display of your work was the one that impressed me the most.

cheers everyone (tagging is hard)

my honorable mentions because my faves didnt score high :(

Kim il Saturn
Lasagne
HaxorDrako
hiddenpowerice

I want to see you all make much more art

Thanks for participating~~

editerino: Sol cant spell Ra

Last edited:
HAHAHAHHA my piece was actually completely original I didn't actually know what winged dragon of ra was until i googled it upon seeing your post but okay my piece does sorta remind me of that but anyway thanks and good job to all winners!

Oh yeah I was wondering why no one was using trace zangoose(essentially a free ticket as trace can mean nearly any other ability) or thick fat zekrom that'd be hilars

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Can you please just show us all the scores so we know if we did good/bad?

i hope y'all liked the poems ;w;

Congratulations Astara! And congratulations to everyone who participated. This theme was absolutely awesome, and a few peeps blew me away with their creative designs! The art here inspires me to perfect my stick drawing skills xD

You all can ask me for your scores if you are curious. I didn't want to make them all public so to avoid making people feel frustrated based on how they placed against other specific people.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
HAHAHAHHA my piece was actually completely original I didn't actually know what winged dragon of ra was until i googled it upon seeing your post but okay my piece does sorta remind me of that but anyway thanks and good job to all winners!

Oh yeah I was wondering why no one was using trace zangoose(essentially a free ticket as trace can mean nearly any other ability) or thick fat zekrom that'd be hilars
It's actually just Ra, I changed it because Sol cant spell Ra correctly :) Plus i was being silly...

Can I be your fave tho?
you already know what you need to work on :I

You all can ask me for your scores if you are curious. I didn't want to make them all public so to avoid making people feel frustrated based on how they placed against other specific people.
also yeah be nice to sol about asking for scores . . .
i hope y'all liked the poems ;w;

Congratulations Astara! And congratulations to everyone who participated. This theme was absolutely awesome, and a few peeps blew me away with their creative designs! The art here inspires me to perfect my stick drawing skills xD
I liked them ;w; not in the literal sense of clicking the button but in the: these are lovely Th!nkPi sense ;w;

Congrats to everyone! I just sort of drew up a 2 minute drawing so no surprise I wasn't mentioned; I'll definitely put more effort if there is another one!

Again, so many amazing entries and congrats! ;D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)