Ransei - 5
11oyd - 6
Cyberpunk - 4
Failsal - 6
Fart - 8

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelEdges

Banned deucer.
As all spectators have submitted their symbol, we will begin the 72-hour period of communication between spectators and Death Match players. Although we had planned for 48 hours, one of the Death Match players has a religious holiday so we have accordingly extended the time. We will end the communciation period at 12:00 AM, October 3, EST.

-Howkings and cyberpunk, please schedule a time to play the DM on Showdown.

Last edited:
Here is the current garnet count;
Plas - 9
Ivy - 5
Dot Agumon - 5
SPACE FORCE meeps - 6
MrJelli - 3
Clefable - 11
Duck - 5
Howkings - 5
Yoshi - 4
Ransei - 5
11oyd - 6
Cyberpunk - 4
Failsal - 6
Fart - 8
Yeah... Hmm :sogood: I know it's a bit late to be complaining about this but not only did the hosting error deny me of a >99% chance at winning the whole round, it also denied me a chance at a third garnet xd

SteelEdges

Banned deucer.
As all spectators have submitted their symbol, we will begin the 72-hour period of communication between spectators and Death Match players. Although we had planned for 48 hours, one of the Death Match players has a religious holiday so we have accordingly extended the time. We will end the communciation period at 12:00 AM, October 3, EST.

-Howkings and cyberpunk, please schedule a time to play the DM on Showdown.
We have reached the end of the communication period! -Howkings and cyberpunk please inform the hosts when the DM takes place and we will post here and get the word out!

Gimm1ck

#PraiseRufflets
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1570384547396.png

Attention, contestants!

Plas - 9
Ivy - 5
Dot Agumon - 5
SPACE FORCE meeps - 6
MrJelli - 3
Clefable - 11
Duck - 5
Howkings - 9
Yoshi - 4
Ransei - 5
11oyd - 6
Failsal - 6
Fart - 8

Your third Main Match is called; the Food Chain.

Food Chain
Main Match 3
13 players

Welcome, survivors, to the third main match of the Showdown Genius Invitational. Time for a zoology lesson.

You will be assigned an animal in a random drawing. For this game, you will become that animal. Each animal has a win condition - some have to avoid being eaten, some have to avoid starving to death, while others are a bit different. Pregame, you may ‘peek’, or ‘look’, at another player’s animal (and therefore, role).

The game will be played in four ‘rounds’. Each round, players may move to one of any four areas (river, sky, forest, and savannah). Additionally, each animal has a home habitat, and may not remain outside of its home habitat for two consecutive rounds - for example, the plover’s home habitat is the river. If the plover spends round one in the sky, it must go to the river in round two. After movements have been submitted to the hosts in your confessional PM, it will be publicly announced which habitat each player is in. (Only birds may enter the sky, for the record.)

Rounds will begin by the hosts adding each player into a dedicated conversation for each habitat based on their movement decisions in their confessional (for example, you would post if you want to go to the savannah, “I elect to go to the savannah” in your confessional). In this PM conversation, players will announce who they would like to attack. You may only attack animals in the same area as you. If the attacker has a higher ‘Predator level’ than the target, the target will be eaten and removed from further play (though this does not necessarily result in a loss). If the attacker is at an equal or lower ‘Predator level’ than the target, nothing will happen. If the target is ‘Predator level’ X, the attacker dies.

All players will know when another player dies, but individual attacks will only be known to the players in the habitat where the attack occurred.

There will be four rounds. All the players that met their required win condition at the end of the final fourth round will be given a token of life and decide who will go to the Death Match out of the pool of players who did not fulfill their win condition. The Death Match candidate may only select an opponent out of the pool of people who did not fulfill their win condition. If you meet your win condition successfully, you will be given three garnets.

We will now reveal the animals. They are color coded based on home habitat.

ORANGE = SAVANNAH
BLUE = RIVER
PURPLE = SKY
GREEN = FOREST

FCLion
FCCrocodile
FCEagle
FCHyena
FCRabbit
FCOtter

FCDeer
FCGoose
FCMouse
FCPlover
FCCrow
FCSnake

FCChameleon

The game will begin Tuesday, October 8.

Good luck, contestants.

Last edited:
Good game, Howkings!

I ended up getting particularly close towards the end, but a fairly clever strategy by Fart ended up knocking me out of the race. Still, I'd like to thank my collaborators, and apologize to all of the ones who expected a garnet return on their investment.

I did figure that offering to donate half of the winnings to charity and maintaining a low garnet count would be a good way to ensure that I wouldn't be picked at random, and I'll admit that I was pretty shocked to see that I was selected in the first round. I think I drew a bit too much attention to myself, though, and I don't think the death match game was one that I particularly excelled at. On the bright side, I have a cushy little spot secured in the next game, so I'm pretty sure that I came out ahead anyway— possibly further ahead than I would've been if I had to pay out all of my garnets.

I'm personally rooting for Dot Agumon and SPACE FORCE meeps to secure the victory. Go, team!

SteelEdges

Banned deucer.
Good game, Howkings!

I ended up getting particularly close towards the end, but a fairly clever strategy by Fart ended up knocking me out of the race. Still, I'd like to thank my collaborators, and apologize to all of the ones who expected a garnet return on their investment.

I did figure that offering to donate half of the winnings to charity and maintaining a low garnet count would be a good way to ensure that I wouldn't be picked at random, and I'll admit that I was pretty shocked to see that I was selected in the first round. I think I drew a bit too much attention to myself, though, and I don't think the death match game was one that I particularly excelled at. On the bright side, I have a cushy little spot secured in the next game, so I'm pretty sure that I came out ahead anyway— possibly further ahead than I would've been if I had to pay out all of my garnets.

I'm personally rooting for Dot Agumon and SPACE FORCE meeps to secure the victory. Go, team!
And we will see you in the SGI2.

SteelEdges

Banned deucer.
View attachment 199033

Attention, contestants!

Plas - 9
Ivy - 5
Dot Agumon - 5
SPACE FORCE meeps - 6
MrJelli - 3
Clefable - 11
Duck - 5
Howkings - 9
Yoshi - 4
Ransei - 5
11oyd - 6
Failsal - 6
Fart - 8

Your third Main Match is called; the Food Chain.

Food Chain
Main Match 3
13 players

Welcome, survivors, to the third main match of the Showdown Genius Invitational. Time for a zoology lesson.

You will be assigned an animal in a random drawing. For this game, you will become that animal. Each animal has a win condition - some have to avoid being eaten, some have to avoid starving to death, while others are a bit different. Pregame, you may ‘peek’, or ‘look’, at another player’s animal (and therefore, role).

The game will be played in four ‘rounds’. Each round, players may move to one of any four areas (river, sky, forest, and savannah). Additionally, each animal has a home habitat, and may not remain outside of its home habitat for two consecutive rounds - for example, the plover’s home habitat is the river. If the plover spends round one in the sky, it must go to the river in round two. After movements have been submitted to the hosts in your confessional PM, it will be publicly announced which habitat each player is in. (Only birds may enter the sky, for the record.)

Rounds will begin by the hosts adding each player into a dedicated conversation for each habitat based on their movement decisions in their confessional (for example, you would post if you want to go to the savannah, “I elect to go to the savannah” in your confessional). In this PM conversation, players will announce who they would like to attack. You may only attack animals in the same area as you. If the attacker has a higher ‘Predator level’ than the target, the target will be eaten and removed from further play (though this does not necessarily result in a loss). If the attacker is at an equal or lower ‘Predator level’ than the target, nothing will happen. If the target is ‘Predator level’ X, the attacker dies.

All players will know when another player dies, but individual attacks will only be known to the players in the habitat where the attack occurred.

There will be four rounds. All the players that met their required win condition at the end of the final fourth round will be given a token of life and decide who will go to the Death Match out of the pool of players who did not fulfill their win condition. The Death Match candidate may only select an opponent out of the pool of people who did not fulfill their win condition. If you meet your win condition successfully, you will be given three garnets.

ORANGE = SAVANNAH
BLUE = RIVER
PURPLE = SKY
GREEN = FOREST

FCLion
FCCrocodile
FCEagle
FCHyena
FCRabbit
FCOtter

FCDeer
FCGoose
FCMouse
FCPlover
FCCrow
FCSnake

FCChameleon

The game will begin Tuesday, October 8.

Good luck, contestants.

CaffeineBoost: Have you clarified that "die if you starve twice" means twice throughout the entire game and not twice in a row?

A note of clarity for our predator friends: "starve" refers to non-consecutive rounds. The lion must eat in every round; the crocodile and eagle must eat in three rounds; the hyena must eat in two rounds. However, these are non-consecutive.

Gimm1ck

#PraiseRufflets
Priority clarification for the Food Chain; all actions will happen simultaneously. As in, if A attacks and will kill B, and B attacks and will kill C, but D targets and kills A, all of A, B, and C will die.

Gimm1ck

#PraiseRufflets
Another rule clarification; If two predators of any level higher than a prey animal both attack the said prey animal, both predators count as having eaten that round.

Gimm1ck

#PraiseRufflets
We are having issues regarding peek submissions. Inactive contestants have been prodded and may be subbed. We intend to begin the Food Chain as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Gimm1ck

#PraiseRufflets
Attention, players! The first round of our third Main Match here at the Showdown Genius Invitational has begun!

This is a restatement of the rules of the game;
Food Chain
Main Match 3
13 players

ORANGE = SAVANNAH
BLUE = RIVER
PURPLE = SKY
GREEN = FOREST

FCLion
FCCrocodile
FCEagle
FCHyena
FCRabbit
FCOtter
FCDeer
FCGoose
FCMouse
FCPlover
FCCrow
FCSnake
FCChameleon

Peeks have been sent and received by each player.

The first round has begun!

You have 48 hours, or until Midnight EST on October 12 to submit your chosen location for the first round. After that, we can get to the attacks.

Good luck contestants!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)