Rejected !showteam

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use !showteam during a battle, the opponent can see your entire team.
Needless to say, this is not an issue as much as it is an annoying mistake, some form of warning (or simply not allowing it during the battle) would really help.
https://i.imgur.com/Bv1zVNR.png (screenshot is too big to embed)

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
If you use !showteam during a battle, the opponent can see your entire team.
This is, well, intended. Not much we can really do here. It's kind of up to common sense when you're using the command - i feel like the name says it all. I suppose i could add some kind of disclaimer? But i don't really see the point when it's in the name of the command.

This is, well, intended. Not much we can really do here. It's kind of up to common sense when you're using the command - i feel like the name says it all. I suppose i could add some kind of disclaimer? But i don't really see the point when it's in the name of the command.
I get that, the few times I've seen it used led to an opponent who thoroughly thought it was only for their end, kind of like what !rank does, or that it only worked after a battle ends, hence why I think a warning would be somewhat useful when using it in the middle of a fight

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
We should probably make !rank display an error message. Any command starting with ! is for showing your opponent.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
We should probably make !rank display an error message. Any command starting with ! is for showing your opponent.
I did that for all commands that aren't broadcastable after a discussion similar to this.
Edit: huh, looks like it doesn't on the main server. I'll edit this on the client then.

Last edited by a moderator:
If all commands with! Do the same then it makes perfect sense showteam does too, thanks for taking the time to read this though

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I’d just like to say here that I think having !showteam is super useful, especially in settings where I’m playing a game and at the end in a position where showing my team doesn’t matter anymore, and a spectator wants the team. I’ve used it numerous times in AG roomtours to help the meta develop faster by spreading ideas, and also so that people can see potentially unique techs. I’ve also found it very useful in random battles, where if I end up with a patently ridiculous team that just straight up loses, my opponent and I can have a good laugh over the shitmons I had once all’s said and done.

TL;DR:
If I read this correctly, and Darth is suggesting that !showteam be outright removed, I’m very strongly against that. Thanks!

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
The feature has been around long enough that the original suggestion is unnecessary. Commands that can't be broadcast now produce an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)