LC Shroomish

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
Shroomish's nice defensive stats and access to Spore seem appealing, but it is largely outclassed by the ubiquitous Foongus. The only things Shroomish has over Foongus are a resistance to Ground-type moves and a better physical movepool with Drain Punch to hit Pawniard and Ferroseed, which isn't a great trade because Foongus has an absurd ability in Regenerator and a resistance to Fighting. Shroomish is also rendered passive by a majority of the tier due to its inability to damage Flying-, Fire-, and Poison-types, especially after it already put a Pokemon to sleep.

[SET]
name: Tank
move 1: Spore
move 2: Bullet Seed
move 3: Drain Punch
move 4: Synthesis
item: Eviolite
ability: Effect Spore
nature: Impish
evs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 76 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Shroomish's best bet is to come in on Pokemon it resists such as Staryu and Mudbray and try to force switches in an attempt to put an opposing Pokemon to sleep. However, Foongus pulls off this role much more effectively, with its Regenerator ability letting it play as a defensive pivot while also carrying a Fighting-type resistance and a more useful movepool.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[crusty, 264307]]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [Nineage, 195129]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]
When talking about Shroomish's physical movepool, be explicit and say Drain Punch to hit Pawniard and Ferroseed. Honestly I'd mention Morelull as well as Foongus, explaining that it has a good secondary typing to help it out like Foongus. It makes it really clear that you shouldn't use Shroomish. This isn't necessary though.

[SET]
Yeah this is fine.

[SET COMMENTS]
Looks fine.

[CREDITS]
good.

1/2

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
brought to my attention that I said Drain Punch hits Foongus, meant to say that it hit ferroseed, the other grass type that starts with F. apologies.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
  • The last sentence is a little unclear to the newer user. Specify that Shroomish is "rendered passive" against the majority of the tier because it can't damage them, since it can technically "deal with them" by putting them to sleep
  • I'd also mention weaknesses to common attacking types in this last sentence
  • I won't force you to do this, but you can probably drop the morelull sentence or include a mention in one of the Foongus sentences. It's just not relevant enough for a mention in an overview, even in a pseudo.

[SET]
Fine

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Maybe mention Morelull here, especially if you don't above
Good work, 2/2

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add | remove | [comments] | [RC = remove comma]
[OVERVIEW]
Shroomish's nice defense defensive stats and access to Spore seem appealing, but it is largely outclassed by the ubiquitous Foongus. The only things Shroomish has over Foongus is are a resistance to Ground-type moves [RC] and a better physical movepool with Drain Punch to hit Pawniard and Ferroseed, which isn't a great trade since because Foongus has an absurd ability in Regenerator [RC] and a resistance to Fighting. [added space] Shroomish is also rendered passive by a majority of the tier [RC] due to its inability to damage Flying-, Fire-, and Poison-types, especially after it already put a Pokemon to sleep earlier.

[SET]
name: Tank
move 1: Spore
move 2: Bullet Seed
move 3: Drain Punch
move 4: Synthesis
item: Eviolite
ability: Effect Spore
nature: Impish
evs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 76 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Shroomish's best bet is to come in on Pokemon it resists such as Staryu and Mudbray [RC] and try to force switches in an attempt to put an opposing Pokemon to sleep. However, Foongus pulls off this role much more effectively, with its Regenerator ability letting it play as a defensive pivot [RC] while also carrying a Fighting-type resistance [RC] and a more useful movepool.
GP 1/1
frostration-GP-small.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)