Shroud of Destruction (BW OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, welcome to my first RMT. I just needed a title, no idea if it fits in or not but moving on :p . Anyway, I made this team to counter a metagame a bit. I based it on a broken pokemon that is most likely going to get banned: Thundurus.

Teambuilding Process:

Thundurus is a beast, end of. Thundurus destroys a majority of the metagame and many special walls such as jellicent as well. I also needed annoying scarfers that outsped thundurus to go down as well. I figured rain would not be a necessity as lo t-bolt hits hard enough as it is. Speaking of life orb, I decided to run the standard nasty plot set, and thus, did not have hammer arm. I needed something to destroy blissey to make life easier for thundurus. I figured a strong pursuit would do the trick, so obvious CB tar is obvious.

With tyranitar, getting outsped by chlorophyll users wouldnt be much of a problem, neither would stab hydro pumps w/ specs in the rain. Now my next pokemon I decided to use because I heard someone talking about it (whether it was on po server or irc remains a mystery to me). I decided that it would be helpful in case some annoying pokemon like scizor wanted to try and set up on my pursuit. With that I decided to try something a bit gimmicky, Haze murkrow.

With this guy, I wouldnt have to worry about being set up on unless the foe was faster and had priority as well. The concept of setting up entry hazards while my opponent got to +6 thinking they were going to sweep me just to have their plot foiled by an nfe bird was just amazing. At this point, I realized I was weak to water, and since I didnt have a special wall and didnt want a grass type, I decided to use the end all of special walls: Blissey.

Blissey takes any special hit out there easily, other than psyshocks anyway. Because of t-tar, I realized i wouldnt have to worry as much about latios tricking me as it would be dead. Blissey could also pass around wish support for my team, and toxic threats if necessary. With that I decided to get something to take fighting moves, while also going offensive and utterly destroying most of the pokemon out there. With that, I picked trick room reuniclus.

TR reuniclus destroys a ton of stuff, while also being able to take some fighting moves. With blissey gone to t-tar, psychic could destroy many teams. With reun, offensive teams would become easily defeated. For the next pokemon, I decided that since it was a sand team, i needed an excadrill. Excadrill could also function as a check to other excadrills and a rapid spinner.

After playtesting it though, Excadrill just didnt seem to work. At this point I realized I had no entry hazards or a decent physical tank/wall. With that I decided to use forretress, as it can take physical hits, set up spikes/sr, and rapid spin.

I soon realized that excadrill completely demolished me, so I decided to run an SD taunt gliscor to help beat excadrill and resist fighting. And with that, the team was complete.

Team in depth:

Gear-Golem (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

Ahhh, forretress the boss. With the help of murkrow, I can set up all the entry hazards I want while my opponent sets up on me (like really, who expects haze on murkrow except for the people who've used this before and/or read this RMT). Volt switch can be used to get switch advantage, especially on ghost that want to try and block my rapid spin. It also helps me escape magnezone if necessary. Rapid spin is key as it stops murkrow and thundurus from losing 25% of their health every switch in. Spikes/SR help thundurus and gliscor sweep. Forretress can also take some physical hits with it's good typing, helping me out a bit by not having to rely on murkrow all the time. Speaking of murkrow, it's time for the next poke.

aim (Murkrow) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Haze
- FeatherDance

HI AIM! Even though you probably wont read this RMT but w/e. Anyway here's aim the murkrow. W/ eviolite, murkrow reaches a respectable 302 defense. Haze is the crux of this set, stopping set up attackers in their tracks thanks to prankster. FeatherDance further reduces the ability of physical attackers to do anything. Prankster t-wave is a move taken right off thundurus, being able to cripple many sweepers, and unlike thundurus, murkrow usually does not get ohkoed. Obvious roost for recovery is obvious. Murkrow reaches an amazing 218 speed stat, which is really good for a wall w/ no speed evs. This means it outspeeds bulky scizor. I decided that running around 200 speed evs just to outspeed jolly max speed scizor would be too much, and running around 40 to outspeed adamant max speed scizor would be too risky. I would be too worried to stay in and risk the scizor being jolly. So I just decided to max defense and leave it at that.

LOL Genie (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

YAY FOR LOL GENIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, this is the main sweeper of the team. It is the standard nasty plot set. The coverage this thing gets is amazing: hp ice for dragons/grass types, focus blast for steels, t-bolt for everything else. With nasty plot this thing is a real beast when it gets to +2, and with the help of t-tar, blissey wont be there to help them get out of the huge hole they're in. Thundurus does not need much support to sweep, making it even better. Even without rain, LO t-bolt hits very hard. Oh and unlike his name suggests, as literally every pokemon player has realized, thundurus is NOTHING to laugh at, especially when it gets +2.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

My main support for my genie that doesnt grant wishes but wrecks havoc on my opponent's team instead, t-tar. CB stab stone edge hits extremely hard almost 2hkoing skarmory. CB crunch also hits hard, and lets me absolutely destroy reuniclus. Pursuit is the crux of this set, allowing me to kill fleeing pokes, and adds another element of prediction when playing t-tar. Blissey gets steamrolled by CB superpower, while CB pursuit does 56%-66% on a fleeing blissey. Making it easy prey for thundurus focus blast, or it's bolt after spikes and sr damage. Tyranitar also stops rain and sun teams, letting my thundurus not get outsped by chlorophyll users, and letting my blissey not have to deal with pokemon such as specs starmie in the rain using hydro pump. The speed evs let it outspeed standard taunt jellicent and crunch it/pursuit it.

Akaba (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Taunt
- Earthquake
Reuniclus did not work as well as I wanted it to, and my excadrill weakness cost me several matches. Gliscor can counter excadrill while also giving me some offensive power. I chose Ice fang > facade to hit other gliscors, as I do not have a surefire counter to them other than thundurus, which is more of a check. Taunt stops pokemon like ferrothorn from leech seeding/setting up hazards, and stops walls like bliss from recovering. Sword dance let's this gliscor be a tank that can sweep late game when the opponent's walls have been worn down. I decided to run 8 more speed evs just to avoid the speed tie w/ other gliscors and gliscors that run 4 more pts of speed to outspeed normal gliscors. I figured 2 less defense points wouldnt be that bad.

NoChanceSee? (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

The best nickname I've ever made. Like seriously, it is boss as I'm not using a chansey, and no1 has a chance of killing blissey. This thing is just a monster. Eats special hits like a champion, not even crits can bring this boss down. I figured blissey > chansey because I have sandstorm. Toxic helps me wear pokemon down for thundurus/reun. Wish helps me heal blissey, as well as other members of my team, mainly t-tar and reun. Protect is for toxic stall and helping bliss regain her hp. We all know how annoying bliss is, wishbliss being a complete pain to take down, specs latios psyshock only 2hkoing this monster. Not even many physical attacks can bring this beast down. Blissey allows me to switch into any special attack w/o really predicting, which is helpful. And that is why, YOU HAVE NOCHANCESEE?

Threat List:

Latios: T-tar destroys it if it does not use surf on the switch, although I do have blissey to absorb it's hits.
Volcarona: Blissey + Murkrow
Salamence: It can hit my team hard if it's mix mence, but I can play around it and eventually send in thundurus to force the switch. DD mence < murkrow
Jellicent: Blocks forretress' rapid spin, but thundurus can take care of it.
Excadrill: Gliscor ftw.
Tyranitar: Thundurus + Gliscor . Murkrow can take the dark type hits. Have to play around it if it runs ice beam.
Dragonite: Murkrow hazes the stat boosts
Rotom-W: If scarf, I have to lure them into a move such as hidden power fire to ko with t-tar. If not scarf, Blissey ftw.
Virizion: Just an overall pain. Murkrow can get rid of the stat boosts though, making it easier to ko. Thundurus can outspeed. If it is physical, I have gliscor. Special, blissey can still toxic it.
Terrakion: Gliscor ftw.
Skarmory: Thundurus can destroy it. Forretress can spin on it. Gliscor taunts it.
Forretress: Can spin away my hazards but is set up fodder for thundurus/gliscor.
Conkelldurr: Murkrow can get the boosts away, gliscor can SD while it bulks up and take it out.
Politoed: Blissey. T-tar can get rid of the rain.
Venusaur: In sun, if it's mixed and gets off a growth, it is a pain if murkrow is dead. Thankfully t-tar can rid of the sun, and if murkrow is alive like it should be, it can get off a feather dance/t-wave and screw it over.
Scizor: If bulky SD, murkrow ftw. If life orb, then it's more of a problem. Thundurus can destroy it with t-bolt however. Have to predict correctly.
Gliscor: Thundurus can easily ko it. My gliscor can also SD and ice fang it.
Haxorous: DD murkrow can eliminate the stats, t-wave/feather dance. If CB, thundurus can check. I changed all my pokes to female in case some1 runs scarf rivarly haxorous, figured why not. Forretress can counter it pretty well, if it dies, then there's always gliscor to try and kill it.

Murkrow is a very unreliable pokemon. If you need the prankster, I would use whimsicott. Forretress seems unnessesary, your issue in my eyes was that Murkrow was not pulling its weight as wall. I would replace Murkrow and get Excadrill back.
Also, none of your team benefits well from sand. Landorus should always be used over Thundurus on sandstorm teams.
Give Reuniclus another person to use Trick Room. I would use Conkeldurr or Escavalier.

Murkrow is a very unreliable pokemon. If you need the prankster, I would use whimsicott. Forretress seems unnessesary, your issue in my eyes was that Murkrow was not pulling its weight as wall. I would replace Murkrow and get Excadrill back.
Also, none of your team benefits well from sand. Landorus should always be used over Thundurus on sandstorm teams.
Give Reuniclus another person to use Trick Room. I would use Conkeldurr or Escavalier.
I wanted murkrow b/c whimsicott cannot haze, and stun spore can miss. Eviolite makes murkrow much more bulky than whimsicott defensively. I used forretress cuz of entry hazards + rapid spin. I didnt really see the point of excadrill as rapid spin takes up the moveslot of return and it cripples it's power. I have t-tar to benefit from trick room a bit, but it's not really that much of a trick room team. The team is based around thundurus, so changing that would mean I would have to change a lot of the team. Thundurus is a big enough threat to function in sand effectively I believe.

Yeah, i can see your reasoning. Decent team that doesn't seem to need much room for improvement.
Either way, try using a moveset calculator. These really help with teams. Can help you find better alternatives to your pokemon(such as the fact ferrothorn and Mamoswine can do the same thing that your forretress does)

Yeah, i can see your reasoning. Decent team that doesn't seem to need much room for improvement.
Either way, try using a moveset calculator. These really help with teams. Can help you find better alternatives to your pokemon(such as the fact ferrothorn and Mamoswine can do the same thing that your forretress does)
If only ferrothorn could rapid spin :< . On that note,WHY CANT IT LEARN IT. ._. It should jut be able to spin it's body, i mean that giant crystal thing named crygonal can learn rapid spin, like really <_< . Anyway thanks for the suggestion, i'll try it :D

It appears i'm mistaken, and that the calculator has a lot of false positives for these kinds of things. Something about how it does egg moves.

so it seems like your team can do pretty well with the murkrow/hazard core, but crow is pretty fragile even with eviolite, if he goes down set up it seems like you are vulnerable to plenty of set up sweepers, especially d-night. Some remedies is if you can fit t-wave on your Thundurs it can stop plenty of set up sweepers, also, any good scarfer could fill some offensive holes on your team. I would actually run jolly balloon excadrill myself, who can fill the cleaner hole that your team seams to lack, but all in all, it seems solid.

so it seems like your team can do pretty well with the murkrow/hazard core, but crow is pretty fragile even with eviolite, if he goes down set up it seems like you are vulnerable to plenty of set up sweepers, especially d-night. Some remedies is if you can fit t-wave on your Thundurs it can stop plenty of set up sweepers, also, any good scarfer could fill some offensive holes on your team. I would actually run jolly balloon excadrill myself, who can fill the cleaner hole that your team seams to lack, but all in all, it seems solid.
K ill try the scarfer/excadrill idea, I guess in place of gliscor maybe. Thanks a lot :D

looks like i did read this rmt and my favorite part is when the murkrow is called aim :]
YAY 4 AIM! lol.

Why don't you use Quagsire? Of course, you'd have to readjust your team and you wouldn't get the lol effects of having Joey on your team, but still. Same principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)