Shuckle Sweep!? Dark Pulse's NU Doubles Team

This is a team I started using as a gimmick, but found out working really well!

My Team at a Glance

Trick Roomers

Sweepers

Threat Counters

Now that you know their basic roles, on to the team!​

The Leaders

Solrock @ Leftovers - Shuckle @ Lum Berry
Levitate - Sturdy
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def - 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Brave - Relaxed
Moves
Explosion - Earthquake
Rock Slide - Rock Slide
Stealth Rock - Gyro Ball
Trick Room - Power Trick​

ok. Simple. Solrock uses Trick Room, while Shuckle uses Power Trick. Solrock will then use Stealth Rock, while Shuckle proceeds to sweep.

Turn 5: Shuckle Switches out to Dusclops, Solrock uses EXPLOSION!

Dusclops: Explosion absorber/Stand-alone Sweeper

Dusclops @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Pain Split

When Trick Room is about to run out, Shuckle should have decimated the opponents team... so Shuckle swaps out to Dusclops, who absorbs Solrock's Explosion... Then, Dusclops will use Substitute, while slowking (the pokemon I switch in next) will Trick room. This means the Dusclops will move last in setting up it's substitute, meaning no opponent will take it out on the turn it is used...
Once Dusclops's Substitute is up, Dusclops will use focus/Shadow Punch to pick off the remains of the opponents team. Substituting/Pain Splitting when neccesary...

Slowking: second Trick Roomer/Calm Mind Sweeper
Slowking @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SAtk / 36 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind

Slowking Partners with Dusclops as a special Sweeper. If the opponent can't break my team's Strategy, this is all of my team that they will see...
once Slowking comes in after Solrock's Explosion, Slowking will trick Room, and then Calm Mind away... Most of the time, the opponent is too busy trying to take out Dusclops to stop Slowking setting up.

Gastrodon: Shuckle's Bodyguard

Gastrodon @ Rindo Berry
Storm Drain
184 Def / 252 SAtk / 72 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Recover

Yes. you heard me... Shuckle's Bodyguard. both Shuckle AND Solrock are weak to water attacks, so if I predict the opponent using surf, I will Switch to Gastrodon, who's Ability Storm Drain will stop the opponents attempt in their tracks...
Gastrodon also acts as a special sweeper. Both Blizzard and Muddy Water hit Both opponents, and Earth Power is for powerful STAB. Recover is for when Gastrodon gets weak. He needs to survive to protect Shuckle, Solrock and Torkoal

Torkoal: Natural Pesticides
Torkoal @ Leftovers​
White Smoke
252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Eruption
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Yawn

Now. so far, my team has been very weak to bug and grass types. so Torkal is here to force switches. Torkoal is a rest-talker, so It's not going to die from a silly mistake. Gastrodon will also help if a water type pokemon comes into play...

well that's my team! Tell me what you think!

4 sp.attk evs on shuckle is nonsense, so put it somewhere else, such as sp.def,

Ghost and Dark types could cause some problems to your team, and lead taunters when they see Shuckle.

4 sp.attk evs on shuckle is nonsense, so put it somewhere else, such as sp.def,

Ghost and Dark types could cause some problems to your team, and lead taunters when they see Shuckle.
if I did that, power trick would be useless, Sp Attack becomes Special Defence... read my post's please!

very true... but I can set up Stealth Rock turn 1 and have Shuckle attack, and then set up turn 2...

also, would it be a possible choice to swap Gyro ball on Shuckle for Protect?

very true... but I can set up Stealth Rock turn 1 and have Shuckle attack, and then set up turn 2...

also, would it be a possible choice to swap Gyro ball on Shuckle for Protect?
I'd say replace Earthquake instead. Gyro Ball is just astronomically powerful, considering Shuckle's speed. Most of the types that Earthquake is powerful against is already covered by Gyro Ball and Rock Slide.

I'd say replace Earthquake instead. Gyro Ball is just astronomically powerful, considering Shuckle's speed. Most of the types that Earthquake is powerful against is already covered by Gyro Ball and Rock Slide.

ARE YOU CRAZY!!!

Earthquake will hit all opponents, and therefore the coverage given will be needed more than Gyro ball... so far, I have only ever used Gyro ball on opponents that are immune to Earthquake, resistant to rock slide, and at least one opponent is weak enough to be taken out by Solrock...

well, I guess Shuckle will be faster anyway, so there is no problem with keeping both... Shuckle is only meant to stay in for 4 turns...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)