LC Shuppet

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
Despite Shuppet's high base Attack stat of 75, it becomes hard to use due to its other poor base stats and lack of a strong physical Ghost-type move, its strongest being Shadow Sneak. This limiting movepool also gives it a hard time against Dark-types, which simply shrug off its attacks and can even Pursuit trap it. Other Ghost-types like Frillish and Pumpkaboo-XL simply make better use of their Ghost typing due to their stats and movepool, while physical attackers like Pawniard and Timburr are better due to their higher damage output and bulk.

[SET]
name: Trick Room Utility
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Shadow Sneak
move 4: Destiny Bond
item: Focus Sash
ability: Frisk
nature: Brave
evs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 92 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Shuppet can run a Trick Room set to make use of its low Speed stat while also helping out its other slower teammates. However, other Trick Room setters like Spritzee and even Solosis are more effective at running this set due to their better bulk and higher damage output, while as a Ghost-type or general physical attacker, Pokemon like Frillish, Pumpkaboo-XL, and Pawniard outclass it due to their better offensive stats and moves.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[crusty, 264307]]
- Quality checked by: [[Fiend, 208173], [Merritt, 213064]]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]]

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
only think i really notice is that gastly forgoes a Ghost STAB a lot which makes its mention in the overview a bit awkward, but I think it i fine anyway.
QC: 1/2

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]
Combine these first two sentences to something that flows a little better, that second sentence comes off as really awkward.

[SET]
I'd call this Trick Room Utility honestly, you're proving knock and dbond support for actual TR mons

[SET COMMENTS]
sure, you could mention pump but this is fine

[CREDITS]
good

2/2

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove
[OVERVIEW]
Despite Shuppet's high base Attack stat of 75, it becomes hard to use due to its other poor base stats and lack of a strong physical Ghost-type move, its strongest being Shadow Sneak. This limiting movepool also gives it a hard time against Dark-types, who which simply shrug off its attacks and can even Pursuit trap it. Other Ghost-types like Frillish and Pumpkaboo-XL simply make better use of their Ghost typing due to their stats and movepool, while physical attackers like Pawniard and Timburr are better due to their higher damage output and bulk.

[SET]
name: Trick Room Utility
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Shadow Sneak
move 4: Destiny Bond
item: Focus Sash
ability: Frisk
nature: Brave
evs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 92 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Shuppet can run a Trick Room set to make use of its low Speed stat while also helping out its other slower teammates. However, other Trick Room setters like Spritzee and even Solosis are more effective at running this set due to their better bulk and higher damage output, while as a Ghost-type or general physical attacker, Pokemon like Frillish, Pumpkaboo-XL, and Pawniard outclass it due to their better offensive stats and moves.
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)