UPDATE: WE WILL BE USING THE NEW SEPT 2013 BANLIST, IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS HERE YOU GO: http://pastebin.com/gHahG23R
Welcome everyone to the 8th official Smogon Yu-Gi-Oh tournament!!!
THIS TOURNAMENT IS OPEN TO ANYONE: NEWBIES, VETS, RETURNERS, ANYONE. (PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU'RE JOINING)
1. All players must carefully familiarise themselves with the latest rulebook and follow the rules carefully.
2. If there is a dispute in terms of rulings, refer to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki or any members in #yugioh familiar with rulings. (Nexus, Atticus, Hobo-joe, kd24)
3. Game discussion will be held on #yugioh, on irc.synirc.net. This can also be used to schedule matches and find some help for your deck! I can't stress this chat enough, there's almost always someone on and I encourage you to use it for anything yugioh related you may need.
4. You DO NOT have to use the same deck throughout the entire tournament but you CANNOT change your deck during the same round.
5. The tournament is knockout, played in Matches (not Duels!) ie. best of three.
6. No player may reveal the contents of their opponent's deck.
7. Each player may use a 15 card Side Deck. (if you want to seriously win this tournament you'll need a side deck)
8. TCG only. (ie no Japanese only cards)
9. It is advised that players compete whilst sober. Nobody wants to duel a drunk Hobo Joe.
10. - All matches will be played on DuelingNetwork.com (again, it will be a best of 3)
Tournament 1: Atticus
Tournament 2: Ice-eyes
Tournament 3: Ice-eyes
Tournament 4: Atticus
Tournament 5: Atticus
Tournament 6: Atticus
Tournament 7: RT.
We'll be going with the current format unless otherwise stated, if a banlist is leaked in the middle of August I'd be more than happy to adjust it for the next round unless anyone has a serious objection to it. Sign-ups will be up for a few days. GOOD LUCK